1Cor. 12, Romans12, Ephesians 4..

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
This subject is so important to the body of Christ, I'm writing this note just to get it back into the fray for any knew comers to the site. If we don't discern the body of Christ aright, no sense in going any further.
 
He opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. (Luke 24:45 NIV)
As we contemplate the state of things in the world today, we are very deeply impressed and oppressed with the prevailing malady of spiritual blindness. It is the root malady of the time. We should not be far wrong if we said that most, if not all, of the troubles from which the world is suffering, are traceable to that root, namely, blindness. The masses are blind; there is no doubt about that. In a day which is supposed to be a day of unequaled enlightenment, the masses are blind.... The leaders are blind, blind leaders of the blind. But in a very large measure, the same is true of the Lord’s people. Speaking quite generally, Christians are today very blind.
Every bit of new seeing is a work from heaven. It is not something done fully once for all. It is possible for us to go on seeing and seeing, and yet more fully seeing, but with every fresh fragment of truth, this work, which is not in our power to do, has to be done. Spiritual Life is not only a miracle in its inception; it is a continuous miracle in this matter right on to the last.... We do not seek for new revelation, and we do not say or suggest or hint that you may have anything extra to the Word of God, but we do claim that there is a vast amount in the Word of God that we have never seen, which we may see. Surely everybody agrees with that: and it is just that – to see, and the more you see, really see, the more overwhelmed you feel about the whole thing, because you know that you have come to the borders of the land of far distances, lying far beyond a short lifetime’s power of experience. The Lord make us all to be of those who have eyes opened.

By T. Austin-Sparks from: Spiritual Sight - Chapter 1
 
Lol my ex said today: there's people who don't want a leader. They do tricks (growing legs on the street without even having a relationship with Him) without even joining a church and having covering. Let them complain to God. He gave teachers etc. to the Body. Ephesians 4.
 
Psalm 127:1
A Song of degrees for Solomon. Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
 
I just want to see the the NT paradigm for the assembly restored. I would hope everyone feels the same.

If I am expected to just sit with the functions God gave me lying dormant, I can do that sitting in my easy chair. Show me a fellowship patterned after God's heart and I'll be there in a flash. It's that simple.
I am reading through this and will comment when I have gotten through it all (its been 4 hours already LOL) but I may hold you to this last statement.:o
 
Wow I got to the end. I was beginning to think I would have to come back to this tomorrow. There have been good point on here all round, but, I agree with Yet. The church system we have is wrong, it allows and enables 'pew sitters'. I am sure that Paul did say something about workers being worthy of their hire, but wasn't that for the apostles work of spreading the gospel?

I have posted in another thread about the change from Roman Temple to church, I would imagine this was at first taken as a wonderful thing until the Spirit filled saw the content of such a set up, then they were all burned at the stake.

God provides, someone mentioned the trade that peter had with the other fishermen, I feel comfortable within my Spirit to surmise that they still owned the boats and netts and could have hired them out for an income. Look at the boon Jesus gave to them twice, once at the start of Jesus ministry and again at the start of their own ministry, plus they had zebedy to run things, why not?
Time constraints have put this bit to bed for one night. See you all tomorrow.
 
I can't believe I'm saying this...but please don't be the wicked lazy slave who hid his masters money. Not a good end. At all.
 
I am coming at this again, yes I agree with yet, and in saying this I also know that the Lord deals with us according to the faith we have and the heart within us. I have come across the baptist church through my life and been taught the history of it while also looking at the 'cell church system'. The Methodists became known as such for the 'method' they used to find a closer relationship to Jesus, it is actually quite an enlightening subject and well worth the study.

The 'cell church system' also makes interesting reading, and for a while my church tried to instigate the format from South Korea. I still have a lot of the study guides and the format program pamphlets used as book marks in my bible.

When I was converted, no one knew what to do with me. I used to say "I am a clean slate, a brand new page without anything on it and only God has a pen", I know this to be true. As a new Christian I listened and watched. I had some big problems that the Holy Spirit was sorting out, but God used those as well to impact on others.

I was put into an outreach program called 'The Granary', a Christian help and advice centre for the homeless and the troubled. The pastor "put me on a leash and tied me to the front porch" (spiritually speaking), apparently so I could learn to calm down and conform under constraint of authority, "AS IF". I constantly challenged (usually without knowing it, and was a major pain in the neck) what was going on but I also saw real faith and real hearts for Christ.

I also saw conformity to structure that grated on every fibre. The challenges that I faced as a new Christian, some took hold of and ran with, causing shame and embarrassment to my family, they were not prepared for me, they were not prepared for someone to actually confess their sins to each other as we are told to, and although prayer was said it wasn't what I new I needed and I left the room feeling vulnerable and alone, and without support.

Connected with this I know I was watched to 'see how I went forward with my new life' when actually it was because they did not understand how completely a new creation I had become, did not trust me, and were expecting me to fall back and start dealing drugs and "show my true colours".

Through the Holy Spirit, I felt the weight of responsibility when the church decided that it should be disbanded and we were to be "church in every home". I know also that most if not everyone are now members of other churches, except for me.

Every time any one comes into my home, if they profess Christ I will break bread with them if I have the opportunity, some now do not come for that reason, it is a shame. I also go and break bread with others in their houses, and discuss with their families the good news of knowing Jesus. I am also met with comments like "You have a different religion to me don't you", which makes me sad.

Time again restrains me
 
As the deer pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after You, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God (not a lifeless God). When will I come and appear before God?
My tears have been my food day and night, while they (Israel) continually say to me (sarcastically) 'Where is your God'?
When I think on these things, I pour out my soul in me, for I had gone with the multitude (worshippers, faithfully), I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, (enthusiastically) with a multitude (of worshippers) that kept holy day (the sabbath).

(But, in spite of my diligence) Why are you cast down , O my soul, and why are you disquieted in me? Hope thou in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance.

O my God, my soul is cast down within me, ......

Deep calls unto deep at the noise of Thy waterfalls, all thy waves and Thy billows are gone over me.

(In spite of all this) Yet the Lord will command His loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night His song will be with me, and my (cry) prayer unto the God of my life (very survival).

I will (at times of pain and rejection) say unto my God my Rock, why have You forgotten me? Why go I mourning because of the oppression of he enemy? (What on earth is going on?).

As with a sword in my bones, my enemies (religionists)reproach me, while they say daily unto me, 'where is your God'?

Psalm 42.

Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly (following traditions of men) nation...Psalm 43

This fellow was in a quagmire, betwixt a rock and a hard place. Loved God with all of His heart and yet he still did not fit in with the trendy church goers of his day. They looked on him as a pariah, strange, 'don't get to close to this guy...he's weird'!

Church history has always had its tares and wheat, goats and sheep, those that mock, those that weep, those that are 'IN', those on the street.

This fellow knew of loneliness, rejection, and of being despised. He had God's mark on him and he paid the price for it.

The kingdoms of men or the kingdom of God. Which are you a part of? The evidence, for one or the other, is acceptance or rejection. One is of hay and stubble, the other is of choice gems. Mere man as the chief cornerstone or Christ as the chief cornerstone. Which will it be?
 
How does one play three guitars and a banjo at the same time? :cool:

May you have a blessed weekend, Yet.