1 Samuel said to all Israel, “I have listened to everything you said to me and have set a king over you.
Jesus is Lord. This is what God wanted but our failure and weakness as a civilization is to always want a man to be king over us. Isn’t it amazing that Russia wanted Lenin, the Chinese wanted Mao, the Germans wanted Hitler, the Romans wanted Caesar, and the Egyptians wanted Pharaoh. God wants to be our king in our spirit joined with us and for us to be one with Him.
2 Now you have a king as your leader. As for me, I am old and gray, and my sons are here with you. I have been your leader from my youth until this day. 3 Here I stand. Testify against me in the presence of the Lord and his anointed. Whose ox have I taken? Whose donkey have I taken? Whom have I cheated? Whom have I oppressed? From whose hand have I accepted a bribe to make me shut my eyes? If I have done any of these things, I will make it right.”
Recently I have seen things take place that I never could have imagined as a kid. We have a woman who says and apparently stands by her statement that the amount of melanin in your skin determines how bright and how wise you are. She has been made a key person in the Biden administration to determine civil rights policy. We have a president saying boys are girls and can compete in girls sports and use girls bathrooms. We have a woman, Secretary of Treasury, presiding as a judge over this issue with GameStop even though she was paid over $800,000 from the plaintiff. Yesterday I saw a story from a columnist in the LA Times complaining about the “aggressive kindness” of some republican who plowed her driveway for her for free. Not even the twilight zone had this kind of imagination. When you have Samuel as the leader you just cannot imagine how bad it might get.
4 “You have not cheated or oppressed us,” they replied. “You have not taken anything from anyone’s hand.” 5 Samuel said to them, “The Lord is witness against you, and also his anointed is witness this day, that you have not found anything in my hand.” “He is witness,” they said.
This is how it used to be. We are now impeaching a former president for what? Did he take anything from anyone’s hand? No. There was no collusion with Russia. Did he cheat anyone promising to do one thing and then doing another? He never said that he would not ban fracking and then from day 1 banned fracking. No. Did he oppress anyone? He never promised to end Gitmo and their oppression of people and then promptly forget that promise. He didn’t use the FISA court to illegally spy on anyone.
6 Then Samuel said to the people, “It is the Lord who appointed Moses and Aaron and brought your ancestors up out of Egypt. 7 Now then, stand here, because I am going to confront you with evidence before the Lord as to all the righteous acts performed by the Lord for you and your ancestors.
We need a history lesson. I have renewed appreciation for Washington and the revolutionaries understanding how courageous and tough they really were.
8 “After Jacob entered Egypt, they cried to the Lord for help, and the Lord sent Moses and Aaron, who brought your ancestors out of Egypt and settled them in this place.
Yesterday I reviewed Lincoln’s speech concerning a house divided:
If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could better judge what to do, and how to do it. We are now far into the fifth year, since a policy was initiated, with the avowed object, and confident promise, of putting an end to slavery agitation. Under the operation of that policy, that agitation has not only, not ceased, but has constantly augmented. In my opinion, it will not cease, until a crisis shall have been reached, and passed - "A house divided against itself cannot stand." I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved - I do not expect the house to fall - but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other.
9 “But they forgot the Lord their God; so he sold them into the hand of Sisera, the commander of the army of Hazor, and into the hands of the Philistines and the king of Moab, who fought against them.
How true, the US as a secular nation has forgot their God. As a result our government has been sold into the hands of the Philistines. Just look at these rules we live under, don’t ask about policies, they have the most diverse administration based on skin color and the LGBTQ community and that is all that matters.
10 They cried out to the Lord and said, ‘We have sinned; we have forsaken the Lord and served the Baals and the Ashtoreths. But now deliver us from the hands of our enemies, and we will serve you.’ 11 Then the Lord sent Jerub-Baal,[a] Barak,[b] Jephthah and Samuel,[c] and he delivered you from the hands of your enemies all around you, so that you lived in safety.
We were delivered from the Red coats, they were the superpower of the day. We defeated the British, the Spanish, the Germans and the Japanese. We lived in safety, it is called “American exceptionalism”, we alone did not have invading armies, famines, or threat of invasion.
12 “But when you saw that Nahash king of the Ammonites was moving against you, you said to me, ‘No, we want a king to rule over us’—even though the Lord your God was your king.
When I was growing up the first amendment was the bedrock of this country. My parents were journalists and so we discussed things like journalistic integrity, but the concept that we had the right to question, investigate, and examine the facts for ourself was the way I was brought up. Today too many are happy to let someone else investigate, examine and then tell them the issue is settled and you are not allowed to question it. Look at today, the only people with the courage to question the Black Lives Matter movement it seems are blacks. Vernon Jones, a democrat, spoke out on the things that Trump accomplished during the Republican National Convention. Candace Owens condemns the victim mentality of this movement. Morgan Freeman doesn’t want to be considered first and foremost a “black” man, he wants to be known as Morgan Freeman, an American. Denzel Washington and Michael Jordan are two examples of people who embraced Martin Luther King Jr’s. dream of people being judged by the content of their character.
13 Now here is the king you have chosen, the one you asked for; see, the Lord has set a king over you. 14 If you fear the Lord and serve and obey him and do not rebel against his commands, and if both you and the king who reigns over you follow the Lord your God—good!
We have seen this. Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, and a number of others have been good people who fear and serve and obey God.
Jesus is Lord. This is what God wanted but our failure and weakness as a civilization is to always want a man to be king over us. Isn’t it amazing that Russia wanted Lenin, the Chinese wanted Mao, the Germans wanted Hitler, the Romans wanted Caesar, and the Egyptians wanted Pharaoh. God wants to be our king in our spirit joined with us and for us to be one with Him.
2 Now you have a king as your leader. As for me, I am old and gray, and my sons are here with you. I have been your leader from my youth until this day. 3 Here I stand. Testify against me in the presence of the Lord and his anointed. Whose ox have I taken? Whose donkey have I taken? Whom have I cheated? Whom have I oppressed? From whose hand have I accepted a bribe to make me shut my eyes? If I have done any of these things, I will make it right.”
Recently I have seen things take place that I never could have imagined as a kid. We have a woman who says and apparently stands by her statement that the amount of melanin in your skin determines how bright and how wise you are. She has been made a key person in the Biden administration to determine civil rights policy. We have a president saying boys are girls and can compete in girls sports and use girls bathrooms. We have a woman, Secretary of Treasury, presiding as a judge over this issue with GameStop even though she was paid over $800,000 from the plaintiff. Yesterday I saw a story from a columnist in the LA Times complaining about the “aggressive kindness” of some republican who plowed her driveway for her for free. Not even the twilight zone had this kind of imagination. When you have Samuel as the leader you just cannot imagine how bad it might get.
4 “You have not cheated or oppressed us,” they replied. “You have not taken anything from anyone’s hand.” 5 Samuel said to them, “The Lord is witness against you, and also his anointed is witness this day, that you have not found anything in my hand.” “He is witness,” they said.
This is how it used to be. We are now impeaching a former president for what? Did he take anything from anyone’s hand? No. There was no collusion with Russia. Did he cheat anyone promising to do one thing and then doing another? He never said that he would not ban fracking and then from day 1 banned fracking. No. Did he oppress anyone? He never promised to end Gitmo and their oppression of people and then promptly forget that promise. He didn’t use the FISA court to illegally spy on anyone.
6 Then Samuel said to the people, “It is the Lord who appointed Moses and Aaron and brought your ancestors up out of Egypt. 7 Now then, stand here, because I am going to confront you with evidence before the Lord as to all the righteous acts performed by the Lord for you and your ancestors.
We need a history lesson. I have renewed appreciation for Washington and the revolutionaries understanding how courageous and tough they really were.
8 “After Jacob entered Egypt, they cried to the Lord for help, and the Lord sent Moses and Aaron, who brought your ancestors out of Egypt and settled them in this place.
Yesterday I reviewed Lincoln’s speech concerning a house divided:
If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could better judge what to do, and how to do it. We are now far into the fifth year, since a policy was initiated, with the avowed object, and confident promise, of putting an end to slavery agitation. Under the operation of that policy, that agitation has not only, not ceased, but has constantly augmented. In my opinion, it will not cease, until a crisis shall have been reached, and passed - "A house divided against itself cannot stand." I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved - I do not expect the house to fall - but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other.
9 “But they forgot the Lord their God; so he sold them into the hand of Sisera, the commander of the army of Hazor, and into the hands of the Philistines and the king of Moab, who fought against them.
How true, the US as a secular nation has forgot their God. As a result our government has been sold into the hands of the Philistines. Just look at these rules we live under, don’t ask about policies, they have the most diverse administration based on skin color and the LGBTQ community and that is all that matters.
10 They cried out to the Lord and said, ‘We have sinned; we have forsaken the Lord and served the Baals and the Ashtoreths. But now deliver us from the hands of our enemies, and we will serve you.’ 11 Then the Lord sent Jerub-Baal,[a] Barak,[b] Jephthah and Samuel,[c] and he delivered you from the hands of your enemies all around you, so that you lived in safety.
We were delivered from the Red coats, they were the superpower of the day. We defeated the British, the Spanish, the Germans and the Japanese. We lived in safety, it is called “American exceptionalism”, we alone did not have invading armies, famines, or threat of invasion.
12 “But when you saw that Nahash king of the Ammonites was moving against you, you said to me, ‘No, we want a king to rule over us’—even though the Lord your God was your king.
When I was growing up the first amendment was the bedrock of this country. My parents were journalists and so we discussed things like journalistic integrity, but the concept that we had the right to question, investigate, and examine the facts for ourself was the way I was brought up. Today too many are happy to let someone else investigate, examine and then tell them the issue is settled and you are not allowed to question it. Look at today, the only people with the courage to question the Black Lives Matter movement it seems are blacks. Vernon Jones, a democrat, spoke out on the things that Trump accomplished during the Republican National Convention. Candace Owens condemns the victim mentality of this movement. Morgan Freeman doesn’t want to be considered first and foremost a “black” man, he wants to be known as Morgan Freeman, an American. Denzel Washington and Michael Jordan are two examples of people who embraced Martin Luther King Jr’s. dream of people being judged by the content of their character.
13 Now here is the king you have chosen, the one you asked for; see, the Lord has set a king over you. 14 If you fear the Lord and serve and obey him and do not rebel against his commands, and if both you and the king who reigns over you follow the Lord your God—good!
We have seen this. Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, and a number of others have been good people who fear and serve and obey God.