2 Paradoxes in the Bible and a Question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abiding

I meant those like the poor who die on earth while still being last(poor) will be the first in heaven.. Not the first on earth
YES if the Lord comes soon...youll be the first one in the door:rolleyes:

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
I meant those like the poor who die on earth while still being last(poor) will be the first in heaven.. Not the first on earth
No one is as poor as he who does not understand the grace upon which he lives and the grace of appointment to the purpose of his own existence. But he that understand this can find peace and joy and happyness regardless of his circumstances.

Everyone started being poor in some things and rich in other things. Everyone started in balance. Yet most people would only see money for in their own addiction they loose sight of the value of the things around them. And this happens to financial rich people and financial poor people.

A child will play with pearls and diamonds as if it is pebbles not understanding the value of that which he plays with. But those who humbles themselves and earnestly seek, ask and knock will find the pearls and diamonds of the Almighty and be renewed in his own intellect and wisdom. Yet those that see themselves as being intelligent will question to more than their understanding, and they shut their ears to the answers of wisdom and therefore the parables of the almighty will be lost to them.

Therefore in simple terms: A person cannot find an answer that is above the level of his arrogancy, but he will find the answers to the questions to the level of his own humility.

N

nathan3

1. If he who is last shall be first......Then because he's first does he go back to being last. I believe he who is last on earth and dies last will be first in heaven.
2. If Jesus said I have come to save the unrighteous and not the righteous, does that mean semantically he is saying the Pharisees are righteous. There are really 2 groups here...The bad off and the worse off. There really is no righteous..no not one. Though his wording makes it seem as if hes calling the Pharisees Holy and Righteous and those who he hung out with the ones who needed a Doctor.
3. Finally-In Prophecies such as Daniel and Ezekiel...there are Beasts referenced based on the technology of their weapons and armor. Rome was Iron, Greece was Bronze I believe etc... Mede-Persian, Assyrian, Babylonian Beasts all had their demarcation by the alloy/metal they used for armor and weaponry.
How could the prophets recognize what iron, bronze and other technology that was 1000s of years away was?
Here are some verses-
Daniel 7:7 “After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns
Ezekiel 4:3 "Then get yourself an iron plate and set it up as an iron wall between you and the city, and set your face toward it so that it is under siege, and besiege, * it. This is a sign to the house of Israel.
Maybe I'm ignorant. Was the technology of the Romans around during the Babylonian Captivity... I.E. ''Iron'''?
need to, kinda pull back. and refocus. at the beginning.

Dec 19, 2009
Here is my take on the “first will be last and the last will be first” thing:

Some people get off to a good start in life, obeying the Lord’s commandments. At this point in their lives, they are the “first.”

The Lord rewards these people, and when he does, many of them become prideful. When they do, they go from being the first to being the last.

Meanwhile, many of the people who did poorly early in their lives—those who were “last”—repent of their sin. When they do, they become the first.

N

nathan3

1. If he who is last shall be first......Then because he's first does he go back to being last. I believe he who is last on earth and dies last will be first in heaven.
2. If Jesus said I have come to save the unrighteous and not the righteous, does that mean semantically he is saying the Pharisees are righteous. There are really 2 groups here...The bad off and the worse off. There really is no righteous..no not one. Though his wording makes it seem as if hes calling the Pharisees Holy and Righteous and those who he hung out with the ones who needed a Doctor.
3. Finally-In Prophecies such as Daniel and Ezekiel...there are Beasts referenced based on the technology of their weapons and armor. Rome was Iron, Greece was Bronze I believe etc... Mede-Persian, Assyrian, Babylonian Beasts all had their demarcation by the alloy/metal they used for armor and weaponry.
How could the prophets recognize what iron, bronze and other technology that was 1000s of years away was?
Here are some verses-
Daniel 7:7 “After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns
Ezekiel 4:3 "Then get yourself an iron plate and set it up as an iron wall between you and the city, and set your face toward it so that it is under siege, and besiege, * it. This is a sign to the house of Israel.
Maybe I'm ignorant. Was the technology of the Romans around during the Babylonian Captivity... I.E. ''Iron'''?
where are you reading this quote from ? "" he who is last shall be first""?

P

Powemm

Last shall be first ( Christ ). First shall be last ( me)

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
This is from Noah's Ark Overview and it talks about metals. I believe it, but don't know.

"(Left) Ron Wyatt found a beautiful specimen of one of the metal rivets used on the ark. It was tested and found to contain high-tech metal alloys, such as titanium, magnesium, and aluminum, etc. Critics have said Ron did not find this fine specimen on the ark but just manufactured it. Well, as you will see below, we found the same objects and had them tested. They too proved to have the same metals, in the same percentages! (Below) Two rough rivets in lower portion of photo."

Apr 6, 2012
“Many that are first,” Jesus has just finished saying, “will be last and the last first.” Now he illustrates this by telling a story.-Matthew 19:30; 20:1-16.

The householder, or owner of the vineyard, is Jehovah God, and the vineyard is the nation of Israel. The workers in the vineyard are persons brought into the Law covenant; they are specifically those Jews living in the days of the apostles. It is only with the full-day workers that a wage agreement is made. The wage is a denarius for the day’s work. Since “the third hour” is 9:00 a.m., those called at the 3rd, 6th, 9th, and 11th hours work, respectively, only 9, 6, 3, and 1 hours.

The 12-hour, or full-day, workers represent the Jewish leaders who have been occupied continually in religious service. They are unlike Jesus’ disciples, who have, for most of their lives, been employed in fishing or other secular occupations. Not until the fall of 29 C.E. did the “householder” send Jesus Christ to gather these to be his disciples. They thus became “the last,” or the 11th-hour vineyard workers.

Finally, the symbolic workday ends with the death of Jesus, and the time comes to pay the workers. The unusual rule of paying the last first is followed, as is explained in this account. In conclusion Jesus repeated a point made earlier, saying: “In this way the last ones will be first, and the first ones last.”

The receiving of the denarius occurred, not at Jesus’ death, but at Pentecost 33 C.E., when Christ, the “man in charge,” poured out holy spirit on his disciples. These disciples of Jesus were like “the last,” or the 11th-hour, workers.

The denarius did not represent the gift of the holy spirit itself. The denarius was something for the disciples to use here on earth. It was something that meant their livelihood, their everlasting life. It was the privilege of being a spiritual Israelite, anointed to preach about God’s Kingdom.

Soon those hired first observed that Jesus’ disciples had been paid, and they saw them using the symbolic denarius. But they wanted more than the holy spirit and its associated Kingdom privileges. Their murmuring and objections took the form of persecuting Christ’s disciples, “the last” workers in the vineyard.