2 Q's about homelessness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlSnookman7

Jun 27, 2015
Very humbling and uplifting to read testimonies from brothers and sisters on the front lines so to speak. Courage, love, faith and nobility resound in both testimonies. Thank you!

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I was willing to be homeless once. I was going through a very difficult time in life and had lost everything but my health and a place to live. I thought I would spend a night on the street and seek God's will for me. I was already a Christian. I just wanted to see what it was like to have nothing. There's more to the story, but the point is that I was sitting on some steps asking God what He wanted me to do with my life.

I was telling Him that if He wanted me to hike to Canada or Africa (I was in Florida at the time) I was willing to trust Him and leave right then and go. He showed me that I was where he wanted me to be - going through all these difficulties, so I went back home.

You claim to be on the street by God's will, and if that is true, then there is no safer place for you to be, and He has you there to reach people no one else can reach.

If I were out on the street (especially at my age now), I would fear that I wasn't where God wanted me and that I needed to hurry up and learn what He wanted me to so I could get out of that situation. But, He might also make it clear that that is where He wanted me. In which case, I would pray to follow His will in all things and seek to develop fellowship in a local church where they would accept me and my ministry.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I was homeless for two nights by the third day I had found an apartment but it was a scary unsettling feeling not having a destination to go to sleep. The first night rented a motel room and the second night I had visited a girlfriend she and her husband were having problems and he had rented a room and they said it sounds like you need it more than we do so they let me use his rented room for the second night to sleep then the third day I found an apartment and moved there.....

Feb 28, 2016
a real-home is where God's Heart abides...

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
Do you stay at the Nashville Mission or do you sleep on the streets? My husband once picked up a young man and brought him home, he was a very gentle, humble, Christian who loved God with all his heart, it was his mission in life to just travel the roads, and witness to who ever picked him up. That was several years ago, it would be scary to do today, but then so would what you are doing. But where God leads he provides, right? His favorite song was I Can Only Imagine, by Mercy Me.

This is from a church in Nashville, Tn -maybe it will resonate with you?

https://www.faithchurchnash.com/sunday-sermons/category/homeless
I stay at the Nash. Rescue Mission most of the time right now, spent the winter there. Not a fun place. Here's the interesting part of that though: They have a regular chapel service (required for a bed) with a different guest church every night, and different denominations of course, and I have to be on top of my Bible studies because we're exposed to lots of conflicting doctrine and ideologies, sometimes outright heresies. I found a loving church that I attend regularly on top of that, so I'm well fed spiritually as well as physically.

I'm looking into Faith Church also, if they have pick-up on Sunday at the Mission. At the end of the article they wrote 'Jesus then tells us, “Use what you have even if it may not be much at all.”' That's exactly how I see my own situation. I said to God "I'm stuck here for a minute, so what would you have me do?" btw I Can Only Imagine" is one of my favorites also, and get requests to play it sometimes.

L

LPT

Could you post a song you can play if possible I'd love to hear you preform, if your able to make a video or even just sound.

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
Could you post a song you can play if possible I'd love to hear you preform, if your able to make a video or even just sound.
I did write and record a song about this (on a really old computer-based studio I put together in a garage). It's a .wav file and I'm not really sure how to post it, but Ill try.

L

LPT

I did write and record a song about this (on a really old computer-based studio I put together in a garage). It's a .wav file and I'm not really sure how to post it, but Ill try.
cool you can convert to MP4 and possibly load it that way, or post to YouTube. I love music and I play music as well, i have been playing the guitar since I was 14, though I mainly play by ear I don't read music to well I know a little sheet music,,,
tab is my best friend hehe...

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017
Howdy Muscus, I've been following along and found your testimony and walk with Jesus inspiring, and no I am not homeless but I am much looking forward to reaching, "Heavens Bright Shore", from an old Alison Krauss song.

I am very sorry that you lost 2 of your Guitars, I am an old Bluegrass guy from the 1970's. Love the Carter Family music and Clarence White, Tony Rice and Alison. Never been to Nashville but maybe one day I will.

My 2 questions:

1. Are there any homeless here on CC? I do not know

2. Is what Jesus said in verse 22, "Follow me, and let the dead bury the dead."
My understand about this guy was he wanted to go back to collect his inheritance instead of following Jesus and Jesus of course new his heart.

My wife and I will continue to pray for you, God bless!

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
OK, here's the song I wrote 2 years ago, and recorded as a rough draft demo. I don't know if I would call it prophetic, but I'm now living it. It's about God's calling me to a traveling music ministry. This is what brought me and my friend Dan to Nashville. Dan has since moved on to California (with my guitars) with the idea I'd meet him there later, but God has me sticking around here now.

https://youtu.be/b93HrVcxhqU

L

LPT

OK, here's the song I wrote 2 years ago, and recorded as a rough draft demo. I don't know if I would call it prophetic, but I'm now living it. It's about God's calling me to a traveling music ministry. This is what brought me and my friend Dan to Nashville. Dan has since moved on to California (with my guitars) with the idea I'd meet him there later, but God has me sticking around here now.

I dig that a lot, I love the rhythm of the song, makes me bob my head :) and you are good singer as well, ver well done for a garage recording. (man with a old guitar) I like that a lot. And indeed it's right around corner. :) :) :)

peace out bro, jam on, you got a gift there for sure, even when people are homeless God has a purpose, not saying he place you there but He knows how to take a negative and turn it into a postive, and sometimes that is not always about us but others.

God bless brother,

TruthTalk

Jul 17, 2017

Hi Muscus, I'm on board good music thanks. I'm sure glad you know where your gitars are, when you want them. I live in California.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017

Very Cool. :cool: Thank you for sharing! Just a man with an old guitar.
I'm a guitarist too, and I like a lot of American music.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
I like your song!! Have you had time to check out the church?

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
I like your song!! Have you had time to check out the church?
Thank you:). Yes, I contacted them about a ride, since they're a bit far, and they're working on it. I doubt if I'll be going back to Michigan anytime soon, so I'm still looking for a new home church, and having read their faith statement looks like a good spot to land for a while.

btw here's a better version with the words. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjl3zQ6yPsE

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Good music brother!!!! Hope you get those guitars of yours back soon. A man who sings and plays like that should not be separated from his guitars for very long!!! Praying for you too.

A

AuntieAnt

Hello brother, beautiful music video! Glory to God! \:D/

I just sent you a pm regarding a wonderful homeless ministry out in California, in the event you go out there to meet your friend and get your guitars. My very good friend is the head of that ministry. :)

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Hello brother, beautiful music video! Glory to God! \:D/

I just sent you a pm regarding a wonderful homeless ministry out in California, in the event you go out there to meet your friend and get your guitars. My very good friend is the head of that ministry. :)

It's amazing that Jesus links believers all together all over the world in ONE Spirit and that we can resource together and help and encourage one another in all areas of life.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I've been homeless many times, but not for a long long time now. Are you OK? If you need anything turn to the church. I always thought of myself as the poorest person on here, I guess not. If you are doing this to reach people for Christ, I applaud you. But it is not a command that we all must be homeless, especially those with children. Simply Christ went through all the things Christians do (collectively). He is able to sympathise with us. But not every christian will do everything Christ did- like die on a physical cross. John who wrote down revelation didn't. Jesus made sure His mother would be taken care of, she wasn't made homeless. We all suffer, but not in the exact same ways.

GeorgieW

May 16, 2018
I am homeless with a car and a job so that I am not completely destitute but I have a lot of debts to pay for