2 Thessalonians 2

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 23, 2020
I don't need your condescension to understand the Bible. What you keep failing to do is clearly define each of the words, which you haven't done. Oh yes, you've been all over the map, but you need to narrow it down specifically.

You claim that "the coming of our Lord" refers to the time period of AD 67-73? So then, in addition to your proof from Scripture or history about that visit, now explain what the "gathering" was and who was involved when Jesus came.

And your view STILL doesn't work, since v.3 clearly references the beast, aka a/c. So Jesus' coming CANNOT occur until AFTER the rebellion and the a/c is revealed.

Boom.
I have clearly explained it already.
I can't endlessly repeat myself.
If you can't learn from me, block me and pester someone else who doesn't hold your false teachings.

Oct 23, 2020
I don't need your condescension to understand the Bible. What you keep failing to do is clearly define each of the words, which you haven't done. Oh yes, you've been all over the map, but you need to narrow it down specifically.

You claim that "the coming of our Lord" refers to the time period of AD 67-73? So then, in addition to your proof from Scripture or history about that visit, now explain what the "gathering" was and who was involved when Jesus came.

And your view STILL doesn't work, since v.3 clearly references the beast, aka a/c. So Jesus' coming CANNOT occur until AFTER the rebellion and the a/c is revealed.

Boom.
Here - you missed what i said evidently
https://christianchat.com/threads/2-thessalonians-2.199969/post-4607962

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
But I'd like to see biblical evidence, or even historical evidence for your claim that Jesus came back to earth between AD 67-73.
Who on earth do you think avenges the blood of the prophets if it is not God?
Why would anyone think I don't know that? Didn't you at least read what i wrote above? Your comment wasn't even close to what I said.

Of course God is the Avenger. He said so.

But at least address what I posted.

Jan 31, 2021
The "coming of the Lord" IS mentioned throughtout the NT, and in EVERY case refers to His Second Advent.
No, you've made that all up. Out of your own head FG.
The reality of what is made up is all the "phased" raptures pretribbers have to claim to make their theory seem plausible.

Jan 31, 2021
No, you need my help, which is what I am giving you.
Thank you but no thanks. I don't need help from those who cannot figure out what is so clear in the Bible. You are one who needs help.

As you don't listen or understand concepts outside the bandwidth of what you have learned and refuse to
challenge or auto-critique, I have to try and help you to do that.
Pitiful.

But there is only so much tutoring I can do. I have other much more urgent matters.
There are false teachers and false tutors. You are free to go about your business.

Jan 31, 2021
I have clearly explained it already.
I can't endlessly repeat myself.
If you can't learn from me, block me and pester someone else who doesn't hold your false teachings.
It's not that I can't learn from you, it's that I don't want to learn from you. I learn from those who have a clear understanding of Scripture. And the phased resurrections is a fantasy. There are 2 resurrections, both mentioned in the SINGULAR.

So a SINGULAR resurrection doesn't have "phases".

That shouldn't be difficult to grasp.

Jan 31, 2021
"Yes. Paul is talking in the immediate to the Thessalonian Church. Circa 52AD.
The coming of Our Lord is the Lord taking revenge on his enemies, those of Israel
who rejected him and then persecuted the Church, and the gathering to him is the
assembling of the Church outside of the cauldron of Jerusalem and Judea whilst it burnt to the ground
fifteen years later in AD67-73."

I can hardly believe that any believer actually believes that Jesus came to earth during that time period and gathered the persecuted church while Jerusalem burned.

What a fairy tale.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
"Yes. Paul is talking in the immediate to the Thessalonian Church. Circa 52AD.
The coming of Our Lord is the Lord taking revenge on his enemies, those of Israel
who rejected him and then persecuted the Church, and the gathering to him is the
assembling of the Church outside of the cauldron of Jerusalem and Judea whilst it burnt to the ground
fifteen years later in AD67-73."

I can hardly believe that any believer actually believes that Jesus came to earth during that time period and gathered the persecuted church while Jerusalem burned.

What a fairy tale.
Yep, bible say second coming follow by 1000 years kingdom by Christ itself as a King, no worldly government anymore

Jan 31, 2021
Yep, bible say second coming follow by 1000 years kingdom by Christ itself as a King, no worldly government anymore
Yes, the Bible is as clear as can be.

Pretribbers believe what isn't stated in the Bible.

The truth is:
1. A singular resurrection for the saved per Acts 24:15 and 1 Cor 15:23. No such thing as phased resurrections.

2. There are two advents of Christ, per Heb 9:28. All believers are resurrected and raptured at the Second Advent, per 2 Thess 2:1 and Rev 20:4,5.

3. There are 2 resurrections, the saved first (Rev 20:4) and 1,000 years later, the GWT judgment (Rev 20:11-15), which is the resurrection of the unsaved.

All supported with Scripture.

What do the pretribbers have? Construct. Assumptions. Presumptions.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Yes, the Bible is as clear as can be.

Pretribbers believe what isn't stated in the Bible.

The truth is:
1. A singular resurrection for the saved per Acts 24:15 and 1 Cor 15:23. No such thing as phased resurrections.

2. There are two advents of Christ, per Heb 9:28. All believers are resurrected and raptured at the Second Advent, per 2 Thess 2:1 and Rev 20:4,5.

3. There are 2 resurrections, the saved first (Rev 20:4) and 1,000 years later, the GWT judgment (Rev 20:11-15), which is the resurrection of the unsaved.

All supported with Scripture.

What do the pretribbers have? Construct. Assumptions. Presumptions.
I remember I was read an article pret trib start by Jesuit, to lie and make people think pope is not the antichrist. Because all early Protestant believe pope is the antichrist.But I am not remember how pre trib can cause people think pope not the antichrist

Oct 23, 2020
FreeGrace2 said:
But I'd like to see biblical evidence, or even historical evidence for your claim that Jesus came back to earth between AD 67-73.

Why would anyone think I don't know that? Didn't you at least read what i wrote above? Your comment wasn't even close to what I said.

Of course God is the Avenger. He said so.

But at least address what I posted.
You seem to have added something extra-scriptural here.
You say:
Jesus came back to earth
But that is not correct.

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him

There is no mention of 'back to earth', you've simply added in your own understanding here.

If you understand that God avenges the prophets, then the next question is when did this take place?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
You seem to have added something extra-scriptural here.
You say:
Jesus came back to earth
But that is not correct.

Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him

There is no mention of 'back to earth', you've simply added in your own understanding here.

If you understand that God avenges the prophets, then the next question is when did this take place?
So coming mean avenges?
Or to you, what is the word coming mean on that verse?

Oct 23, 2020
So coming mean avenges?
Or to you, what is the word coming mean on that verse?
One of the things we know about God is that he is invisible, and that Jesus shares the father's characteristics.

Romans 1: 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Colossians 1: 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

So if the Father and Son are invisible, they can go somewhere, be present somewhere, exercise their power somewhere, without being visible.

So when Jesus spoke about coming like a thief in the night, he was referring to just this, exercising his power without being seen.

And conversely, the scripture which confuses everyone, Hebrews 9: 26-28 confuses people because it is talking about the appearing of the Lord, the visible manifestation of the Lord, (to the Church), a quite different thing to God exercising his power invisibly, in this case to the non-Church

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
One of the things we know about God is that he is invisible, and that Jesus shares the father's characteristics.

Romans 1: 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Colossians 1: 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

So if the Father and Son are invisible, they can go somewhere, be present somewhere, exercise their power somewhere, without being visible.

So when Jesus spoke about coming like a thief in the night, he was referring to just this, exercising his power without being seen.

And conversely, the scripture which confuses everyone, Hebrews 9: 26-28 confuses people because it is talking about the appearing of the Lord, the visible manifestation of the Lord, (to the Church), a quite different thing to God exercising his power invisibly, in this case to the non-Church
Acts 1:11

“Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

Do you believe almighty a God capable to make Himself visible?

This verse say He will come like when He taking up to heaven, it is visible

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If you are referring to God the Father "no man has seen God at any time". If you are referring to God the Son, He took human form and He remains in human form. So Christ will be clearly visible at His second coming,

Oct 23, 2020
Acts 1:11

“Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

This verse say He will come like when He taking up to heaven, it is visible
It's a very good point that you make.

9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

I suppose the point here is that
1) Jesus is taken up, that is to say, by the power of the Father
2) He is taken to heaven hidden in cloud

I.E. he is taken to heaven hidden and in the power of the Father

So when he returns he returns hidden, and in the power of the Father.

Matthew 16
27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
If you are referring to God the Father "no man has seen God at any time". If you are referring to God the Son, He took human form and He remains in human form. So Christ will be clearly visible at His second coming,
We are talking about second coming of God the Son.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
2) He is taken to heaven hidden in cloud
Read the whole story brother, people see Him going up then hide on the cloud

Matt 24
27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming [in glory] of the Son of Man [everyone will see Him clearly].

Oct 23, 2020
Read the whole story brother, people see Him going up then hide on the cloud

Matt 24
27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming [in glory] of the Son of Man [everyone will see Him clearly].
Yes, but that is a completely different coming. A very visible event.
We are talking here about an event in which neither the Father nor the Son are visible

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Yes, but that is a completely different coming. A very visible event.
We are talking here about an event in which neither the Father nor the Son are visible
So how many time after Jesus go to heaven He coming to earth?