D
downtime
Guest
So you believe the shape of the earth to be relevant to the matter of salvation?If the flat earth didn't matter you wouldn't be paying so much attention to the flat earth by posting in this flat earth topic.![]()
So you believe the shape of the earth to be relevant to the matter of salvation?If the flat earth didn't matter you wouldn't be paying so much attention to the flat earth by posting in this flat earth topic.![]()
thanks for taking the trouble to explain ricky, i appreciate it.
I have to say though, I think you and spherical both show evident signs of a massive case of confirmation bias.
you clearly see it in him but i see it in what you wrote to me as well. have you ever put yourself in spherical shoes? try to feel like him for a minute. anything anybody says reinforces his belief that the earth is flat. confirmation bias is evident in him. have you ever considered that you could be doing the same thing everytime you find yet another thing that confirm your belief?
If the flat earth didn't matter you wouldn't be paying so much attention to the flat earth by posting in this flat earth topic.![]()
thanks for taking the trouble to explain ricky, i appreciate it.
I have to say though, I think you and spherical both show evident signs of a massive case of confirmation bias.
you clearly see it in him but i see it in what you wrote to me as well. have you ever put yourself in spherical shoes? try to feel like him for a minute. anything anybody says reinforces his belief that the earth is flat. confirmation bias is evident in him. have you ever considered that you could be doing the same thing everytime you find yet another thing that confirm your belief?
Couldn't care less whether it's flat or round. I do care for, and am a bit concerned about, you tho.
I get what you're getting at, and you pose a valid question, but they are different things. Spherical relies on YouTube videos and the work of others. He's never gone out and seen the world for himself. I have, on the other hand, gone out and seen the spiritual realm in action. I don't know what I know because some guy on a pulpit told me to. I know what I know because of what I have seen with my eyes and done with my hands. I've considered other religions, and atheism, but none of those explained what I have personally learned and experienced as well as the Word of God. Altho I'll give it to you, my understanding of it is often far removed from what is taught in church these days.
I'm on the road next 2 days. Hope that gives you something to consider.
If you didn't care you would have posted in this topic.![]()
A GLOBE IS NOT A CIRCLE. IF YOU STUDY MATHEMATICS YOU WILL LEARN THAT A CIRCLE AND A GLOBE ARE NOT THE SAME.
The distance from which various lighthouse lights around the world are visible at sea far exceeds what could be found on a ball-Earth 25,000 miles in circumference. For example, the Dunkerque Light in southern France at an altitude of 194 feet is visible from a boat (10 feet above sea-level) 28 miles away. Spherical trigonometry dictates that if the Earth was a globe with the given curvature of 8 inches per mile squared, this light should be hidden 190 feet below the horizon.