2000 years and end times connection

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Ecclesiastes 1:9
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

I believe this is one of the key principles to understanding the Almighty's ways. Another key passage is.

Isaiah 46:9-10
Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Like Ahwatukee and Adstar have mentioned and alluded to, there is a correlation between the millennia mankind has existed and the creation week narrative found in Genesis 1. And if we rely on the passages I've referenced above as being true, it's likely that Genesis 1 is a prophetic outline of the Almighty's plan.

When we measure out the time and match biblical events with Genesis 1, we start to see parallels...dare I say, "fulfillment". In Brief...

Day 1: Light separates from darkness

1st 1000yrs: Good and evil (sin); life (God) and death (Adam); Adam dies "in the day" (i.e. millennium) he sinned at 930 years.

Day 2: Water separates from water to reveal dry ground

2nd 1000yrs: After the floodwaters cover everything, the water separates from water to reveal dry ground again

Day 3: Seeds and Fruit-bearing trees are created

3rd 1000yrs: Abraham is promised "seed" (Issac), who is also promised "seed" (Jacob), to become the father of many nations

Day 4: Sun, Moon, Stars to "rule"

4th 1000yrs: The Messiah is introduced as "Sun of Righteousness with healing rays", also called "light of the world". satan was introduced as the prince of this world who was to rule when Messiah "goes away" ("work while it's still day...when night comes no man can work.")

----

Now let's pause here for a moment. The first 4 days of creation appear to be fulfilled in the major events of scripture, within the corresponding millennium, and in order. These are 4 witnesses confirming that the Almighty's plan follows His outline given in Genesis 1.

There are 3 days that remain in the narrative, which would appear to correspond to 3 millennia that remain for mankind. And it's been approx 2000 years since the Messiah ascended.

In Revelation, we're told one beast rises from the sea and another beast rises from the earth...and that these events are followed by a 1000-year reign of peace. But why that number, why 1000 years and not 50 or 10k years? I believe it's to confirm the fulfillment of Genesis 1.

If the Almighty has been fulfilling the creation story to the very millennium, then that means the last 2000 years have been fulfilled the same exact way; that there hasn't been a pause, gap, or break in His plan.

----

Day 5: The beasts of the sea created..."multiply!"

5th 1000yrs: The Sea Beast of Revelation 13 has already been introduced approx 1000 years ago between 1AD - 1000AD. In Revelation 17 we're told the "sea" represents peoples, nations, languages. And Daniel 7 explains that beasts represent kingdoms. So this kingdom rose from a densely populated area of many nations that would persecute the saints, blaspheme God, change biblical law, change reckoning of time, and rule the world, is wounded to death, but then revives.

[It can be argued that this is the Roman Catholic Papacy - 538 AD to 1798 AD, which was ended by the French but then fully reinstituted in 1929 AD even though it hasn't risent to the level of power it once had.]

Day 6: The beasts of the earth created..."multiply!"

6th 1000yrs: The Earth Beast of Revelation 13 most likely has been introduced between approx 1001AD - 2000AD. In Revelation 17 we're told the "sea" represents peoples, nations, languages. And Daniel 7 explains that beasts represent kingdoms. So this kingdom rose from a sparsely populated area that rules the world with the authority of the past kingdom, has the power to call fire down from the sky (i.e. firepower), power to give life to the image (i.e. motion pictures), controls commerce (i.e. financial markets; banking), causes all who will not obey to be killed (i.e. propagandizes to make target into enemies)...and it encourages other kingdoms to copy it (i.e. "make an image of the beast").

[It can be argued that this is the United States of America - 1776 AD to present day, spreading democracy (and bases) around the world, appearing innocent & righteous like a lamb but promoting policies that are completely anti-christian, causing the world to copy its image. It's even called "the melting pot" of the world, which is exactly what Babylon was.]

Day 6: Man&Woman in God's image was created...commanded to "have dominion over the beasts".

6th 1000yrs: Revelation reveals 144,000, a great multitude, and speaks of "saints" who overcome the beast, as the angels say "come out of her my people! Do not partake in her plagues!"

Day 7: And God rested on the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

7th 1000yrs: The 1000-year reign of the Messiah and the saints, which I believe will begin in the next 7 years or so (approx 2028 AD).
Hi Joshua,

How does Isaiah 9:6-7 apply to what you are saying?

Is not the government to be on the shoulders of Christ?

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
Can anyone tell me what is the connection between end times and 2000 years?
Is there a reference to it anywhere in bible
It may be nothing, but...

“So when the Samaritans came to Jesus, they were asking Him to stay with them; and He stayed there two days. Many more believed because of His word; and they were saying to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves and know that this One is indeed the Savior of the world.” After the two days He went forth from there into Galilee. For Jesus Himself testified that a prophet has no honor in his own country. So when He came to Galilee, the Galileans received Him, having seen all the things that He did in Jerusalem at the feast; for they themselves also went to the feast.” (John 4:40–45)

Its fuzzy, but perhaps there's a type here, whereas the Samaritans symbolize a mixture of Jew and Gentiles who believe (the church), and the Galilee (Israel). The two days may symbolize the 2000 years between Pentecost and the Rapture, which is when God returns His main focus back to national Israel.

Of course, this is purely a typological speculation I have considered.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
There is the parable of the Good Samaritan. He rescues the “certain man” (typically Adam) cleans and bandages his wounds with oil and wine (the Spirit and the gift of salvation) and gives two denarii (two day‘s wages, one day of the Lord is like 1,000 years or 2,000 years) for the man’s care until the Good Samaritan returns.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
It may be nothing, but...

“So when the Samaritans came to Jesus, they were asking Him to stay with them; and He stayed there two days. Many more believed because of His word; and they were saying to the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves and know that this One is indeed the Savior of the world.” After the two days He went forth from there into Galilee. For Jesus Himself testified that a prophet has no honor in his own country. So when He came to Galilee, the Galileans received Him, having seen all the things that He did in Jerusalem at the feast; for they themselves also went to the feast.” (John 4:40–45)

Its fuzzy, but perhaps there's a type here, whereas the Samaritans symbolize a mixture of Jew and Gentiles who believe (the church), and the Galilee (Israel). The two days may symbolize the 2000 years between Pentecost and the Rapture, which is when God returns His main focus back to national Israel.

I just posted that! :). I didn’t see your post before I wrote mine.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Hi Joshua,

How does Isaiah 9:6-7 apply to what you are saying?

Is not the government to be on the shoulders of Christ?
Hey!

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding you, but I take your question to mean "in what section in my study on the fulfillment of creation week is Isaiah 9:6-7 fulfilled?"

It would begin in the 7th 1000years. That is the millennium reign described in Revelation 20.

If I'm misunderstanding you just let me know.

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
I just posted that! :). I didn’t see your post before I wrote mine.
The passage I shared was part of the narrative, when Jesus stayed in the city of the samaritan woman (John 4). Jesus first ministered to her, then he stayed in the city for 2 days before heading to Galilee. But yes, it is similar to what you shared because Samaritans are mentioned in both.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Hey!

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding you, but I take your question to mean "in what section in my study on the fulfillment of creation week is Isaiah 9:6-7 fulfilled?"

It would begin in the 7th 1000years. That is the millennium reign described in Revelation 20.

If I'm misunderstanding you just let me know.
So, that is not fulfilled today?

Because I have been praying concerning the corona virus situation that the government of the United States might be on Christ's shoulders and that He would keep His cords held tightly around those who are in authority in the U.S. (Psalms 2); because I believe that the mark is right around the corner if the saints do not become vigilant concerning this.

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA

Because I have been praying concerning the corona virus situation that the government of the United States might be on Christ's shoulders and that He would keep His cords held tightly around those who are in authority in the U.S. (Psalms 2); because I believe that the mark is right around the corner if the saints do not become vigilant concerning this.
I think the mark is right around the corner regardless of what we do. We cannot stop the mystery of lawlessness.
Since we are looking for Jesus Christ, rather than Antichrist, we ought to discern the signs of the times we are living in and let that motivate us to seek the lost all the more.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013

This is just my opinion, but no I don't think the Isaiah passage is fulfilled just yet in terms of Messiah's physical presence, but you're right regarding who holds the reins of nations.

Job 12:23
He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again.

When I read Isaiah, I think it's a parallel passage to the one in Revelation 19:15 that says "and He shall rule them with a rod of iron" when He appears and puts down all dominion during the 2nd coming.

But specifically regarding the coronavirus; I believe that the stench of sins has reached God's nostrils - like with Nineveh and Sodam & Gomorrah - and that this pestilence is His judgment (however it came to be, whether through man or nature).

I mean, we're literally redefining what it means to be a man and woman these days with complete gender reassignment. Everything's perverted. Throughout the scriptures, the three ways The Almighty judges a nation are through famine, pestilence, and war and we're seeing exactly that: financial problems, the pandemic, riots.

He's trying to let us know we need to wake up and return to being a nation founded on His principles before it's too late. So I think praying absolutely is what believers should be doing right now. The mark is in prophecy so unfortunately there's no stopping it so I also hope saints aren't caught unawares.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
I think the mark is right around the corner regardless of what we do. We cannot stop the mystery of lawlessness.
Since we are looking for Jesus Christ, rather than Antichrist, we ought to discern the signs of the times we are living in and let that motivate us to seek the lost all the more.
Since the Antichrist is going to appear before Jesus Christ comes back in the clouds (2 Thessalonians 2:3) I believe that we should beware of falling for the Antichrist.

Also, the Holy Spirit within the church is a restraining factor that is keeping the mark at bay. So, the mark cannot be implemented until after the true church is taken from the earth.

This means that the church has a mandate on the earth to be salt and light...preserving the world from the decay that will eventually result in the mark being implemented.

We are to be vigilant concerning anything that could be the mark.

For it is written that, "Where there are prophecies, they may fail" (1 Corinthians 13:8).

Therefore, is it not possible that the church might be able to keep the mark from being implemented altogether?

But if or when the church is taken out of the world, the Antichrist's agenda will be allowed to have free reign.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
For is it not written in the book of Daniel that the Antichrist will not have free reign until the power of the holy people has been broken?

May 22, 2020
[QUOTE="peldom10, post: 4679532, member: 297561"{Quote}

No.
There is no association.

This is an example of how important it is for us to stick with scriptures and avoid any adaptation from man's writings unless we can validate such with the Bible.

Diakonos

Jan 19, 2019
Anacortes, WA
Since the Antichrist is going to appear before Jesus Christ comes back in the clouds (2 Thessalonians 2:3) I believe that we should beware of falling for the Antichrist.

Also, the Holy Spirit within the church is a restraining factor that is keeping the mark at bay. So, the mark cannot be implemented until after the true church is taken from the earth.

This means that the church has a mandate on the earth to be salt and light...preserving the world from the decay that will eventually result in the mark being implemented.

We are to be vigilant concerning anything that could be the mark.

For it is written that, "Where there are prophecies, they may fail" (1 Corinthians 13:8).

Therefore, is it not possible that the church might be able to keep the mark from being implemented altogether?

But if or when the church is taken out of the world, the Antichrist's agenda will be allowed to have free reign.
btw, I pretty much agree with most of this. Keep doing what you're doing!

I am curious...When do you believe the rapture will happen? (no need to discuss in depth here, I'm just curious what you think)
"Where there are prophecies, they may fail" (1 Corinthians 13:8)
Inaccurate translation: "καταργηθήσονται" is a passive verb (meaning that the action is done to the noun, "prophecies"). Since the English word "fail" is an active verb, it is not an accurate translation. An accurate English equivalent for καταργηθήσονται is "done away" because it is a passive rendering of the verb. Look at verse 10. It's the same Greek word as "done away", regarding that which is perfect. This word is translated accurately in verse 10, but not in verse 8 (the one you quoted).

Prophecy cannot fail because prophecy is from God (2 Tim 2:20-21), and God cannot lie (Tit 1:2, Heb 6:18).

That being said, the mark will happen. We cannot prevent what God has foreknown and declared will come.
Other than that, we are pretty much on the same page about what we should do, practically:
We continue to preach the gospel, love the brethren, fear God, and honor the king, waiting for the blessed hope/the mercy of our Lord, etc.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
There isn't any...period!

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
btw, I pretty much agree with most of this. Keep doing what you're doing!

I am curious...When do you believe the rapture will happen? (no need to discuss in depth here, I'm just curious what you think)

Inaccurate translation: "καταργηθήσονται" is a passive verb (meaning that the action is done to the noun, "prophecies"). Since the English word "fail" is an active verb, it is not an accurate translation. An accurate English equivalent for καταργηθήσονται is "done away" because it is a passive rendering of the verb. Look at verse 10. It's the same Greek word as "done away", regarding that which is perfect. This word is translated accurately in verse 10, but not in verse 8 (the one you quoted).

Prophecy cannot fail because prophecy is from God (2 Tim 2:20-21), and God cannot lie (Tit 1:2, Heb 6:18).

That being said, the mark will happen. We cannot prevent what God has foreknown and declared will come.
Other than that, we are pretty much on the same page about what we should do, practically:
We continue to preach the gospel, love the brethren, fear God, and honor the king, waiting for the blessed hope/the mercy of our Lord, etc.
We can indeed prevent the mark, as long as we, as the church, are on the earth.

The Antichrist will not be able to have his full reign until "after he shall gave accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people" (Daniel 12:7).

So, as long as the saints have power, as long as God is answering tte prayer, "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven" the power of the antichrist kingdom will diminish and God's kingdom shall reign; and the agenda of the antichrist spirit to implement the mark will fail.

It may be that God intended the book of Revelation, not as a prophecy that will definitely come to pass; but as a warning in order to keep the saints vigilant in an eternal sense.

I believe that as long as the saints ar vigilant and do not give up; thinking that the mark is inevitable and therefore we ought not to fight against it, we may even be able to prevent it from happening for as long as the church is on the earth.

I believe that you are mistaken in your interpretation of 1 Corinthians 13:8. For, I believe that God has given to the common people the unadulterated message of His word in their own language. And therefore, it is sufficient in the English and we do not have to go to the Greek to find out what it REALY MEANS. That affords to a cult-like mentality in which the amateur Greek scholar becomes the cult-leader.

I am praying for a pre-tribulation rapture because I live from paycheck to paycheck and am therefore unable to prepare for post.

S

SaltwaterGirl

My understanding is that the end times began at the First Advent 2000 years ago.

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; - Hebrews 1:1-2 (NKJV)

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
The passage I shared was part of the narrative, when Jesus stayed in the city of the samaritan woman (John 4). Jesus first ministered to her, then he stayed in the city for 2 days before heading to Galilee. But yes, it is similar to what you shared because Samaritans are mentioned in both.
Yeah, the Samaritan connection.

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Precious friend, Appreciate the honesty!
(1) "...looking, waiting, and Patiently waiting For The LORD JESUS CHRIST!..." =
Yes, agree - Very Scriptural, In God's Current Dispensation Of Grace!
(2 Thessalonians 2:1; Romans 8:18-19; Romans 8:23;
Romans 8:25; 1 Corinthians 1:7; Ephesians 6:12-18; Philippians 3:20;
Colossians 4:1-3; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:5-11; Titus 2:13)

(2) "discerning the signs of the times we are living in"? Sorry,
God's Current Dispensation Of Grace "has NO signs" to discern:

a) "...we walk BY FAITH, Not by sight {signs}..." (2Co 5:7)​
b) God's Great GRACE Departure, "Catching The Body of CHRIST Up,"
Is Imminent {Could Happen "At ANY Moment"} = "motivation"?​
More here, IF you wish:​
c) After "we Depart To Heaven," THEN, God Resumes His "Prophetic
Program, For Israel and the nations, with the man of sin/son of​
Perdition, and accompanying "wonders, deceit, etc. {sight!}," the​
"signs of THEIR times!" (Daniel, Matthew, and Revelation) compare:​
(3) We should be "motivated" to know and have the Full Understanding Of
God's Revelation Of His MYSTERY, For Today!
(2 Timothy 2:15; Romans 16:25; Ephesians 1:3-9; Ephesians 3:9 =
Grace/Mystery
fellowship {Romans – Philemon}, For ALL “to SEE,” today?)

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!

Then we can obey, With "God's Approval," in our "seeking the lost all the more."
Amen?:

God’s Simple Will!