2014 Resolution - Do you make them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nope, I don't see the sense in it. I just want to live a life that pleases God, I vowed to do that when I was saved:)
 
I don't make resolutions either. I always break them so why bother.
 
I don't make resolutions either. I always break them so why bother.


No I don't make them. I really don't know where it originated from but
I am like you, I break them. I wonder if it isn't just a superstition ?
 
It might be J-Kay, I've never looked into it before. I just resolve to stay close to God, try to gain more understanding of the Bible and make sure my family is close to God as well. I resolve that every day, so I don't count it as a New Years resolution.

Hope you had a nice New Year's Eve. :)
 
It was a quiet evening. I was on here for a while and went to
bed around 10:30, and read devotions and finishing a Christian
book written by a Dr. who is friends with Singer and Song writer
Steven Curtis Chapman. I was at the part where their little girl
was hit be a car and took her life at age 5. I looked at the clock
and it was 12:01. I then turned my light of and prayed for our
new year to come and then for the Countries all over the world,
and most of all, the unsaved will open their hearts to the Lord as
Savior. Praying for those who have lost so much in the year 2013,
and praying for courage to face the new year 2014 and the
changes to come. WE need to keep each other lifted up, so I
pray I can be more focused on Jesus and not let fear enter.
New Year Blessings to you and thank you ~
 
It might be J-Kay, I've never looked into it before. I just resolve to stay close to God, try to gain more understanding of the Bible and make sure my family is close to God as well. I resolve that every day, so I don't count it as a New Years resolution.

Hope you had a nice New Year's Eve. :)
It turns out the New Year is 4000 yrs. old. It was pagan in a sense.
 
........another thought on making "resolutions." Be careful you do not make your "resolution" a PROMISE TO GOD. That is MAKING A COVENANT with God, and that is a very serious thing...............especially if you break it.....just saying.

All any believer should be doing is "striving to walk Christ like" each and every day.

k, 'nuff from me.......... :)
 
........another thought on making "resolutions." Be careful you do not make your "resolution" a PROMISE TO GOD. That is MAKING A COVENANT with God, and that is a very serious thing...............especially if you break it.....just saying.

All any believer should be doing is "striving to walk Christ like" each and every day.

k, 'nuff from me.......... :)

Agreeing with you 100% ~ Happy New Year ~
 
Why not make a new years commitment to God? nothing wrong with declaring a commitment to God in your life. The idea is just to set goals for yourself in the new year. its a chance to reset, renew and regain what you have lost. Give god a resolution for 2014!
 
Why not make a new years commitment to God? nothing wrong with declaring a commitment to God in your life. The idea is just to set goals for yourself in the new year. its a chance to reset, renew and regain what you have lost. Give god a resolution for 2014!

Caleb: We have had a thread / topic regarding making vows to God
with lots of scriptures that tells of the danger of making vow and then
not keeping them. It is better to NOT make a vow. I realize you mean
for us to do so in order to keep us closer to Him. I think it is up to the
person who agrees with you, and make it a good thing if they can keep
their word. God bless ~ J-K-2
 
hey everyone...
First of all Happy New Year to Everyone on CC!!! i hope you have a really successful year. :)

Well, i didnt know i was going to be the odd one out (should have guessed..lol) but i did make a resolution. something im determined to do this year. Determined. thats why its my resolution. im going let you know how it went in 2015 :D
 
hey everyone...
First of all Happy New Year to Everyone on CC!!! i hope you have a really successful year. :)

Well, i didnt know i was going to be the odd one out (should have guessed..lol) but i did make a resolution. something im determined to do this year. Determined. thats why its my resolution. im going let you know how it went in 2015 :D


Happy New Year to you too ~ Actually there is not a set rule we go by
about making resolutions. And it is great you are so disciplined in your
walk with Jesus. Personally, I am not that disciplined as a person, but
I understand where you are coming from. And as for our topic about
making vows, it is a little different than resolutions. It would depend on
our situation. So, I probably should not lump the two together, but
since I did the two Topics, it sort of just seemed to connect.

God bless you and all who can resolve to keep a resolution or vow.
You are to be blessed for sure. J-Kay-2