J
JustViv
Guest
The year 2015 is rather challenging for me with so many things came into my life that made me wondered a lot and brought me into realisation about self as well as learning something I find crucial for a life-long lesson. The year started of with uncertainty of the future with a wrong decision to leave a contract job that wanted to convert me into a permanent position - yet, could it be a good move since quite a fair bit of the people had been retrenched after the acquisition?
Got myself into another job that doesn’t help to build my career for it’s merely a job that puts food on table and pay bills. Dragging myself to work each morning and next, moved on to something seem more like a career. First day at work caught me by surprise - no laptop for a whole day, no workstation to sit on, no nothing! Confidence dropped much lower again. Yet, in the afternoon, I received a call from a recruitment agent telling me of an opportunity that earlier I said no, but finally I decided to embark into it! I’m now back to education! WOOHOO! Happy I am till today!
Regret? Nay....thanks to a friend who encouraged me to join this current company which I’m in now. Although it is not the same as before and the game plan is totally different, I am still feeling good in here. Confidence built up and I feel Vivienne once again! New challenges each day but it brought excitement in the day. No more dragging myself to work! No more thinking about Friday on a Monday.
In between those troubled days, more troubles surfaced up in life that I was brought into a pit that I could hardly imagined living in. Not easy to climb out and the darkness in this pit is difficult to comprehend. While, at the same time, the people I met along the way and I shared with some of them about my pain, only to realise that they weren’t listening but hearing. Assumptions were made, wrong words used, and coldness fills the air brought me into the world of frustration. Volcanoed once during the troubled days for the words uttered are so cold towards me.
Everybody hears what people say but do people truly listen? Do we listen with our hearts? Who can seriously and honestly comprehend the pain of others? No one...why assumptions are made on others? Worst still, when you hear what some of these people say, you knew they were so wrong about you. Saying things that you always do but said you never did at all. Do they know you? Some, be-little others without realising it but when pointed to them, they avoid it. Should we not listen earnestly to what others say and try to put ourselves in their shoes? Walk with them...feel them...get to know them. How? Remove the glasses you wore, remove the mindset you have on them, trash away the assumptions that cloud your mind, and come like a piece of clean sheet, waiting to listen to what they have got to say. Still, never assumed or say things to them but learn and feel them. Be with them. Be part of them. For you, know not what went through in the past, the struggles they endure, the pain they bear in their heart, the hurt that bury in their bones, you know not of them. Don’t think you do coz you really don’t!
Thoughts came to mind and was reminded of what one of my ex-boss told me. Use others as your mirror. Do you like what they say and do? Do you do it? Do it, if you don’t. Do you not like or hate what they say and do? Do you do it? If you do, stop doing it! People are your mirror, your reflection. We can’t see what and how we do things, react towards situation, say some things and so on but, just as you look into the mirror to clean the dirt off your face, use others as your reflection to clean that dirty behaviour or actions off yourself.
Listen...listen earnestly to what others say. Listen...listen without making assumptions about the others based on your experience or upbringing coz they are not you! They live a different life from you. Open up your heart to a friend sincerely and do not try to think they are like you, think like you, react like you, etc. because what you did not do , does not mean they don’t! What you did, does not mean they don’t! Receive them as an individual, not an object.
Got myself into another job that doesn’t help to build my career for it’s merely a job that puts food on table and pay bills. Dragging myself to work each morning and next, moved on to something seem more like a career. First day at work caught me by surprise - no laptop for a whole day, no workstation to sit on, no nothing! Confidence dropped much lower again. Yet, in the afternoon, I received a call from a recruitment agent telling me of an opportunity that earlier I said no, but finally I decided to embark into it! I’m now back to education! WOOHOO! Happy I am till today!
In between those troubled days, more troubles surfaced up in life that I was brought into a pit that I could hardly imagined living in. Not easy to climb out and the darkness in this pit is difficult to comprehend. While, at the same time, the people I met along the way and I shared with some of them about my pain, only to realise that they weren’t listening but hearing. Assumptions were made, wrong words used, and coldness fills the air brought me into the world of frustration. Volcanoed once during the troubled days for the words uttered are so cold towards me.
Everybody hears what people say but do people truly listen? Do we listen with our hearts? Who can seriously and honestly comprehend the pain of others? No one...why assumptions are made on others? Worst still, when you hear what some of these people say, you knew they were so wrong about you. Saying things that you always do but said you never did at all. Do they know you? Some, be-little others without realising it but when pointed to them, they avoid it. Should we not listen earnestly to what others say and try to put ourselves in their shoes? Walk with them...feel them...get to know them. How? Remove the glasses you wore, remove the mindset you have on them, trash away the assumptions that cloud your mind, and come like a piece of clean sheet, waiting to listen to what they have got to say. Still, never assumed or say things to them but learn and feel them. Be with them. Be part of them. For you, know not what went through in the past, the struggles they endure, the pain they bear in their heart, the hurt that bury in their bones, you know not of them. Don’t think you do coz you really don’t!
Thoughts came to mind and was reminded of what one of my ex-boss told me. Use others as your mirror. Do you like what they say and do? Do you do it? Do it, if you don’t. Do you not like or hate what they say and do? Do you do it? If you do, stop doing it! People are your mirror, your reflection. We can’t see what and how we do things, react towards situation, say some things and so on but, just as you look into the mirror to clean the dirt off your face, use others as your reflection to clean that dirty behaviour or actions off yourself.
Listen...listen earnestly to what others say. Listen...listen without making assumptions about the others based on your experience or upbringing coz they are not you! They live a different life from you. Open up your heart to a friend sincerely and do not try to think they are like you, think like you, react like you, etc. because what you did not do , does not mean they don’t! What you did, does not mean they don’t! Receive them as an individual, not an object.