2017 has been tough

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Steph1512

Dec 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

My name is Stephanie and I am asking for prayers. I would also like to vent so I apologize if this request is super long. The end of 2017 has put me into a very deep depression. I had my second baby in September and since then my kids father kicked me out of the house because of an argument we had, and I was living in my car, hotels, etc after having a cesarean and was away from my children for about 4 weeks. We decided almost a month later to go to therapy, that following weekend I found out he slept with his ex (who he has children with as well) and now they’re back together. He seems to have no remorse for his actions. He never asks how the kids are, and tries to paint me to be a monster because I have the kids with me full time because he immediately had them stay at her house without consulting with me or speaking to her. He keeps me in the dark about anything that has to do with them. I question God so much, like it seems he’s being given everything he desires while hurting others, being rewarded, and yet I am the one who is suffering mentally, emotionally, etc. he’s mean to me now, he doesn’t talk to me on the phone if it has to do with the kids. He treats me like crap. I am struggling financially, I feel no good is coming to me. I sleep on a couch at my parents with my kids and I just cry all the time. I feel like I am destined to have nothing good. I love my kids but I feel sorry for them. Like I wish I didn’t bring them into this world. Prayers or advice would be very helpful. Thank you.

Dec 28, 2016
Dear sister this will come to pass.

It is temporary.

Love your babies they are yours, you all have each other, and if you're a Christian all of you are God's.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Gather God we pray for Steph1512, please turn her sorrows into joy. Lord hear this prayer and bless in all these things. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

Didymus

Jan 11, 2017
I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles, Steph. First- it doesn't sound like the father of your children is a man of good character. He should be honoring and supporting you. I would say good riddance. You have rights- I would suggest contacting the courts to ensure he is supporting your children financially. Nobody respects a deadbeat dad. You are a woman of high value- a child of God, which makes you a daughter of the King of Kings- a princess. Royalty. God will deal with this man, but in the meantime you need to take action ASAP. It doesn't sound like he is going to be helping you on his own- you have the law on your side.
Heavenly Father, please comfort and support Steph in her struggles. Please Father, plant a hedge of protection around her and her children. Please bring people into her life who can comfort and support her as she does her very best to be a good Mom. In the powerful name of Jesus, Amen!

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry to hear about your situation, Stephanie. My heart ached as I read your post, and I wish I could give you a hug. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you to go through so much pain. Please know that I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord to surround you with His healing presence, provide for all your needs and protect you and your kids under the shadow of His wings. Have you ever considered talking to a counselor/therapist? Do you think that's something that might be helpful for you personally? A caring professional might be able to give you solid guidance. You can always come here to share and we’re all here to support you. Remember that “the Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18). He will never fail you or forsake you. I know it’s not easy right now, but stay strong in Him. Love & hugs to you!

Steph1512

Dec 22, 2017
I’m so sorry to hear about your situation, Stephanie. My heart ached as I read your post, and I wish I could give you a hug. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you to go through so much pain. Please know that I’ll be praying for you, asking the Lord to surround you with His healing presence, provide for all your needs and protect you and your kids under the shadow of His wings. Have you ever considered talking to a counselor/therapist? Do you think that's something that might be helpful for you personally? A caring professional might be able to give you solid guidance. You can always come here to share and we’re all here to support you. Remember that “the Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18). He will never fail you or forsake you. I know it’s not easy right now, but stay strong in Him. Love & hugs to you!
Hi, thank you for your kind words. I was seeking therapy, I stopped going because it hurt to talk about it. I had just given birth and my hormones were everywhere along with heartache and just feeling betrayed. I believe what I am facing is more of a spiritual battle, I cried and asked God why? It’s hard to for me comprehend what happened on a spiritual level, because like I stated above, it’s like bad behavior is being rewarded, and I am meant to suffer. I know I am not perfect but there was so much betrayal from him along with no remorse and it seems like he is getting what he wants even while hurting me. I was to the point of suicide, but I think only because I felt emotionally out of whack, again, hormones all over the place, and every time I would pray to God, something would happen to where it was being rubbed in my face about he and her. So I felt like God was mocking me almost. I can pray for other areas in my life, but for some reason when I tell God how hurt I am with my kids dad, I feel it gets worse.

Last edited:

Steph1512

Dec 22, 2017
I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles, Steph. First- it doesn't sound like the father of your children is a man of good character. He should be honoring and supporting you. I would say good riddance. You have rights- I would suggest contacting the courts to ensure he is supporting your children financially. Nobody respects a deadbeat dad. You are a woman of high value- a child of God, which makes you a daughter of the King of Kings- a princess. Royalty. God will deal with this man, but in the meantime you need to take action ASAP. It doesn't sound like he is going to be helping you on his own- you have the law on your side.
Heavenly Father, please comfort and support Steph in her struggles. Please Father, plant a hedge of protection around her and her children. Please bring people into her life who can comfort and support her as she does her very best to be a good Mom. In the powerful name of Jesus, Amen!
We are working towards a custody order and child support. :) I filed shortly after all this happened. I feel guilty, especially the financial part, but I know that I need help in supporting both my kids. I just wish he’d step it up and ask if I need anything or help. Instead he complained about the child support order being too high. Thank you for your prayers.

H

heartofdavid

Good news!!!! The Lord is in the business of turning ashes into beauty and sorrow into Joy.

Like preacher told you,your situation is only for a season. Look to Him. Worship Him. Thank Him.

You are a champion young lady. You are special,and some brutal people have been ugly to you. Now rise up for those kids. Begin to act in faith. Preach to yourself. Command those emotions. Tell your spirit "be at peace,settle down"

Now Lord I lift her up to your throne. Touch her heart. Heal he heart. cover her with your presence and love. Send powerful Holy Spirit baptised believers to her. Send ministering angels to her. Bless her and protect her. Help her like you did Ruth.
Like Ruth,show her her specific path. Set her on high ground,and scatter her enemies. Drive them away in seven different directions.