2017 Oscars (CC edition)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Since the Oscars are tonight, I'd like to know what movies really caught your eye last year.

What are they? Why do you like them? Any particular actors/actresses/directors you want to see with the prize?

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Since the Oscars are tonight, I'd like to know what movies really caught your eye last year.

What are they? Why do you like them? Any particular actors/actresses/directors you want to see with the prize?
Humm I did not catch much at the theatre last year .
I did watch Metropolis agian . I nominate it for best sound .
Blessings
Bill

S

SpoonJuly

The movie industry is a sewer. I will have no part in supporting nor celebrating its product.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
The soundtrack was pretty good. The original. Not the bizarre re-finish they did in the 80's or 90's.

But I get the joke. :p

Humm I did not catch much at the theatre last year .
I did watch Metropolis agian . I nominate it for best sound .
Blessings
Bill

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Suit yourself, then. There are still bright points of our culture and I'll honor them where I can.

I doubt the Oscars will do the same tonight. Hence the thread.

The movie industry is a sewer. I will have no part in supporting nor celebrating its product.

T

Tinuviel

Usually, beyond theological films I get around to watching the "new" movies when they're about six years old :rolleyes:. So with that in mind, I really enjoyed the Luther film that came out (can't remember the name), and Genesis: Paradise Lost. I really liked Genesis, and the graphics were really nice. I don't think it will be winning any awards, though. I'm kind of excited for the next one!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Well, at least you pick one thing from last year :p

Usually, beyond theological films I get around to watching the "new" movies when they're about six years old :rolleyes:. So with that in mind, I really enjoyed the Luther film that came out (can't remember the name), and Genesis: Paradise Lost. I really liked Genesis, and the graphics were really nice. I don't think it will be winning any awards, though. I'm kind of excited for the next one!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
So! We have Genesis:Paradise Lost, Metropolis, ​and one abstention. :p

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
And quickly this thread turned sour by the first few comments.

I really liked Get Out, it was the best movie I saw last year. Very good acting, great twist, loved the messege everything. It's that movie where after you watch it then go on Reddit, read all explenations and theories then you'll realize the actual purpose of the movie. Very good clever directing by Peele. Was able to to combine, suspense, horror and comedy beautifuly.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
But like every year, a movie hardly anyone has seen will win best picture.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I've heard great things about it. Really want to give it a whirl.

And quickly this thread turned sour by the first few comments.

I really liked Get Out, it was the best movie I saw last year. Very good acting, great twist, loved the messege everything. It's that movie where after you watch it then go on Reddit, read all explenations and theories then you'll realize the actual purpose of the movie. Very good clever directing by Peele. Was able to to combine, suspense, horror and comedy beautifuly.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Yeah.

I get the reason why- art appreciated by artists is going to be different than what the rest of us watch.

But I think it would've been more fun watching the awards when there were more "shared experience" kinda films like The Godfather and Lawrence of Arabia.

The last major films that really hit the sweet spot were Peter Jackson's LOTR entries. Popular and indisputably great filmmaking.

But like every year, a movie hardly anyone has seen will win best picture.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I thought Gal Gadot was pretty epic as Wonder Woman...

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I'm actually watching the awards.

You'd figure people who earn millions to entertain people would be able to pull off a better show...Jimmy Kimmel...

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
The Espy's have better opening monologues. There is actually great material from actors and hollywood that can produce funny joke after funny joke but they are always lame. Ricky Gervais is the only one I seem attempt to actually cut deep at hollywood but only at the Golden Globes.

BTW, I'm not into this "hollywood boycott" many on this site are on. I get it, but for me if I see a movie that interests me, I'm watching and not waiting months for the DVD (Every Marvel movie basicaly).

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Lol my mother in law is on the phone talking to family in Mexico. They are talking about the Oscars . The family down there are watching. I guess it is dubbed in Spanish. Not one of them understands English.
What they are saying is the funny part . My wife’s cousin just commended about how it’s always the movie that no one has ever seen is the one that wins.
Thats just funny after the posts here .
Blessings
Bill

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Hahahaha. That's rich.

Lol my mother in law is on the phone talking to family in Mexico. They are talking about the Oscars . The family down there are watching. I guess it is dubbed in Spanish. Not one of them understands English.
What they are saying is the funny part . My wife’s cousin just commended about how it’s always the movie that no one has ever seen is the one that wins.
Thats just funny after the posts here .
Blessings
Bill

SovereignGrace

Dec 28, 2016
I nominate The Shack for the biggest farce.

SovereignGrace

Dec 28, 2016
Star Wars:Rogue One

&

Star Wars:The Last Jedi

#AWESOME!!