2019 super blood moon here we go again guys

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So as per the usual once again the blood moons make their appearance and have stirred the pot among the Christian community. There is to be a super blood moon to appear over Washington D.C. this month on the 20th And while some claim this to be an omen of spiritual blessings according to many including apparently Israeli rabbis it is an omen of increased destruction including an increase of earthquakes volcano eruptions and natural disasters in general. They also claim that it is a sign of the coming judgment that has been forewarned for so long.

Now as a person who loves to study bible prophecy I will not disregard the significance of the blood moons role in bible prophecy and it's ties to Israel and judgment as well as blessings, it has been recorded how the blood moons appearance all throughout history has made it's showing on very significant historical events that both Israel and the united states have had their share in but I am honestly not sure anymore if it's worth giving note to anymore.

Maybe I am just burned out of all these signs in fact that seems to be all it is ever is just sign after sign after sign. I mean the whole revelation 12 sign was the most amazing and most significant sign I ever had the pleasure to witness. Just to see the scriptures come alive in the night sky felt like an honor to be alive in this time period but as usual nothing happened and once again the end times events never happened and to be honest I am wondering if it ever will. I mean I have had so many end time dreams and visions as it is things that astounded me and to be honest horrified me that and all the studies I have done you would think that I wouldn't be doubtful but to be honest this just feels like yet another so called end of the world hype thing to me.

So what do you all think? should we even take any notice of this event or just sweep it under the conspiracy rug?

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
So as per the usual once again the blood moons make their appearance and have stirred the pot among the Christian community. There is to be a super blood moon to appear over Washington D.C. this month on the 20th And while some claim this to be an omen of spiritual blessings according to many including apparently Israeli rabbis it is an omen of increased destruction including an increase of earthquakes volcano eruptions and natural disasters in general. They also claim that it is a sign of the coming judgment that has been forewarned for so long.

Now as a person who loves to study bible prophecy I will not disregard the significance of the blood moons role in bible prophecy and it's ties to Israel and judgment as well as blessings, it has been recorded how the blood moons appearance all throughout history has made it's showing on very significant historical events that both Israel and the united states have had their share in but I am honestly not sure anymore if it's worth giving note to anymore.

Maybe I am just burned out of all these signs in fact that seems to be all it is ever is just sign after sign after sign. I mean the whole revelation 12 sign was the most amazing and most significant sign I ever had the pleasure to witness. Just to see the scriptures come alive in the night sky felt like an honor to be alive in this time period but as usual nothing happened and once again the end times events never happened and to be honest I am wondering if it ever will. I mean I have had so many end time dreams and visions as it is things that astounded me and to be honest horrified me that and all the studies I have done you would think that I wouldn't be doubtful but to be honest this just feels like yet another so called end of the world hype thing to me.

So what do you all think? should we even take any notice of this event or just sweep it under the conspiracy rug?
I agree with you brother, and have to admit that He has been pointing my attention to building His kingdom, not spent all my time trying to see signs of it's destruction, a destruction I'm not so sure hasn't already taken place in 70 AD when Israel's judgement fell upon them and His temple was destroyed ushering in the new age, and a kingdom that will know no end that all nations will stream up too, that is not a kingdom you can point to and say "there it is" (by the way if Jesus comes on the clouds to bring in this kingdom, could we not point to it and say "there it is"? Just sayin) “The kingdom of God will not come with observable signs. Nor will people say, ‘Look, here it is,’ or ‘There it is.’ For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”.

See He has shown me how a difference in our view of this effects the way we see everything. Right? If I am just here watching this world "go to hell in a hand basket", that will produce a completely different framework than if I think everything is going under Jesus. If I go by the prayer Jesus used to teach us how to pray, I am praying for His kingdom to come and His will be done "On Earth as it is in heaven". I want to proclaim His victory over all, His power to redeem His creation, and the fact that He said that was finished and is now seated at the right hand of the Father until EVERY enemy is made a footstool for His feet. He is reigning King right now.

This doesn't seem to fit with the idea that there's still work to be done, other than the leaven working it's way through the 3 measures of meal, and that mustard seed growing into a tree, but Jesus work is finished and He is seated in victory. Right?

Every since He opened my eyes to this view I have been on burning fire to proclaim His truth to everyone I can. I have also seen His POWER in front of my eyes when proclaiming truth to someone, then watching Him break them right then and there. I honestly don't want to argue or debate people on these things here, and generally everywhere, because there are plenty doing that already, but also because it is usually just two people that pick up a label to defend, and by that label conclude they know exactly what the other person believes, then both usually attack straw men about the other and talk past each other for no purpose other than to "be right". I've been caught up in that way to many times, that's why I'm
"FACE TO FACE interaction 4 life".
I do understand your point here though, and actually think it's a blessing to watch God grow you and mold your beliefs over time as He draws you closer. He is amazing. I love you brother, thanks for sharing, and have a great day glorifying our mighty King.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I agree with you brother, and have to admit that He has been pointing my attention to building His kingdom, not spent all my time trying to see signs of it's destruction, a destruction I'm not so sure hasn't already taken place in 70 AD when Israel's judgement fell upon them and His temple was destroyed ushering in the new age, and a kingdom that will know no end that all nations will stream up too, that is not a kingdom you can point to and say "there it is" (by the way if Jesus comes on the clouds to bring in this kingdom, could we not point to it and say "there it is"? Just sayin) “The kingdom of God will not come with observable signs. Nor will people say, ‘Look, here it is,’ or ‘There it is.’ For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst.”.

See He has shown me how a difference in our view of this effects the way we see everything. Right? If I am just here watching this world "go to hell in a hand basket", that will produce a completely different framework than if I think everything is going under Jesus. If I go by the prayer Jesus used to teach us how to pray, I am praying for His kingdom to come and His will be done "On Earth as it is in heaven". I want to proclaim His victory over all, His power to redeem His creation, and the fact that He said that was finished and is now seated at the right hand of the Father until EVERY enemy is made a footstool for His feet. He is reigning King right now.

This doesn't seem to fit with the idea that there's still work to be done, other than the leaven working it's way through the 3 measures of meal, and that mustard seed growing into a tree, but Jesus work is finished and He is seated in victory. Right?

Every since He opened my eyes to this view I have been on burning fire to proclaim His truth to everyone I can. I have also seen His POWER in front of my eyes when proclaiming truth to someone, then watching Him break them right then and there. I honestly don't want to argue or debate people on these things here, and generally everywhere, because there are plenty doing that already, but also because it is usually just two people that pick up a label to defend, and by that label conclude they know exactly what the other person believes, then both usually attack straw men about the other and talk past each other for no purpose other than to "be right". I've been caught up in that way to many times, that's why I'm
"FACE TO FACE interaction 4 life".
I do understand your point here though, and actually think it's a blessing to watch God grow you and mold your beliefs over time as He draws you closer. He is amazing. I love you brother, thanks for sharing, and have a great day glorifying our mighty King.
Wow I am so happy and excited to hear of your new found fire and the fact that you have seen and experienced his power first hand proclaiming the truth that is a warriors mark that is very rare these days. I actually just last night had a kind of break down. I sometimes can be a bit emotional and I was watching this show where there are these two exorcists trying to help this foster family free their foster dad of possession and the family was being torn apart and the kids were being sent back into the foster care system and I know first hand how horrible that system is as I have been in it.

One thing that I couldn't understand about the show is how powerful they make the enemy seem, I mean these exorcists spend days on end and sleepless nights chanting scripture over and over again splashing holy water and even holding a cross up to the thing yet the possession only gets far worse before it gets better and only when the person is at the brink of death does the demon finally be defeated. This is not the power of the holy spirit I have heard about and it isn't the power of prayer I read about in scripture and I suppose since it's a man made show it makes sense why it seems that way.

But then I began to wonder why my prayers are the way they are. I believe in the power of prayer I can say in my heart 100% that it only takes one heart for a miracle to happen, that all it takes for the impossible to be possible is a single prayer and yet even with all the people I have prayed for healing especially the people just around me who are suffering greatly nothing ever changes. I was crying last night asking God why this is, wondering what is the point of having such iron faith in him and his power and in the power of prayer itself if nothing is ever done. It's like giving a worker a talent but saying don't use it. I wish I could be healed as well since my body is damaged but at the very least I wish he would heal others who are being prayed for and I wonder if maybe there is just something wrong with me. When the holy spirit comes over me which he often does I can feel his fire flowing through me but when I pray for healing there isn't just a lack of that fire but a lack of his power itself.

Even if I am pouring my entire heart and being into the prayer it's always the same result. But even with all of this I choose to trust him and I keep moving forward which I suppose is what blind faith is isn't it? But I am always so overjoyed to hear of his power in the works and the furthering of his kingdom that I have prayed for so much and so your testimony only proves I was right to believe even if I could not see or experience it for myself.

And as for the signs and the end times stuff I agree that people seem to just keep debating a straw man and honestly even though I do keep my eyes open to them I think people seek after these biblical signs to much. There is nothing wrong with paying attention to them as they are clearly real but it seems like people make them out to be much more than what they are and instead of furthering his kingdom with the ones who need it right here and now the end times hype seems to be the main focus. Of course I do love to study bible prophecy and the end times is a topic I enjoy not only studying and also discussing everyday I wish I could be used by him like you.

I didn't seek to be strong in him and in his love for myself I want him to us me and make a difference. I know so many people who are damaged inside and also hurting physically as well and what hurts the most is knowing and seeing all this and praying with everything I have and yet no results at all.

Sep 13, 2018
Wow I am so happy and excited to hear of your new found fire and the fact that you have seen and experienced his power first hand proclaiming the truth that is a warriors mark that is very rare these days. I actually just last night had a kind of break down. I sometimes can be a bit emotional and I was watching this show where there are these two exorcists trying to help this foster family free their foster dad of possession and the family was being torn apart and the kids were being sent back into the foster care system and I know first hand how horrible that system is as I have been in it.

One thing that I couldn't understand about the show is how powerful they make the enemy seem, I mean these exorcists spend days on end and sleepless nights chanting scripture over and over again splashing holy water and even holding a cross up to the thing yet the possession only gets far worse before it gets better and only when the person is at the brink of death does the demon finally be defeated. This is not the power of the holy spirit I have heard about and it isn't the power of prayer I read about in scripture and I suppose since it's a man made show it makes sense why it seems that way.

But then I began to wonder why my prayers are the way they are. I believe in the power of prayer I can say in my heart 100% that it only takes one heart for a miracle to happen, that all it takes for the impossible to be possible is a single prayer and yet even with all the people I have prayed for healing especially the people just around me who are suffering greatly nothing ever changes. I was crying last night asking God why this is, wondering what is the point of having such iron faith in him and his power and in the power of prayer itself if nothing is ever done. It's like giving a worker a talent but saying don't use it. I wish I could be healed as well since my body is damaged but at the very least I wish he would heal others who are being prayed for and I wonder if maybe there is just something wrong with me. When the holy spirit comes over me which he often does I can feel his fire flowing through me but when I pray for healing there isn't just a lack of that fire but a lack of his power itself.

Even if I am pouring my entire heart and being into the prayer it's always the same result. But even with all of this I choose to trust him and I keep moving forward which I suppose is what blind faith is isn't it? But I am always so overjoyed to hear of his power in the works and the furthering of his kingdom that I have prayed for so much and so your testimony only proves I was right to believe even if I could not see or experience it for myself.

And as for the signs and the end times stuff I agree that people seem to just keep debating a straw man and honestly even though I do keep my eyes open to them I think people seek after these biblical signs to much. There is nothing wrong with paying attention to them as they are clearly real but it seems like people make them out to be much more than what they are and instead of furthering his kingdom with the ones who need it right here and now the end times hype seems to be the main focus. Of course I do love to study bible prophecy and the end times is a topic I enjoy not only studying and also discussing everyday I wish I could be used by him like you.

I didn't seek to be strong in him and in his love for myself I want him to us me and make a difference. I know so many people who are damaged inside and also hurting physically as well and what hurts the most is knowing and seeing all this and praying with everything I have and yet no results at all.
You did mention that this is or was a "television show" , right?

Jul 29, 2018
NYC, NY

I think its ok to watch for the signs of the Lords return, but don't get "lost in the sauce". Lets stay in prayer and continue reading the Word as we wait for the Lord. Encourage one another, and fulfill the great commission by reach ing out to the lost.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
I think its ok to watch for the signs of the Lords return, but don't get "lost in the sauce". Lets stay in prayer and continue reading the Word as we wait for the Lord. Encourage one another, and fulfill the great commission by reach ing out to the lost.
Amen, no matter what you believe about what's to come, seeking the Lord in truth and proclaiming Him, the Truth itself, to the lost. Agreed 1 billion% we are to "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I[He] have commanded you. And behold, I[He] am with you always, to the end of the age."
Amen. :)(y)

Dec 12, 2013
While I agree with Jim, I must also point out this blaring fact.....for every one prophecy concerning the 1st coming of Christ there are Eight (8) that deal with the second coming.......ALL scripture is inspired and profitable.....we are not to be ignorant of the second coming and we are to be aware of what is happening....BLESSED is the man that WATCHES and is aware of the "proverbial" thief that comes in the night to break in.........

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

Hello Blain,

When I saw that, I said the very same thing "here come the blood moon nuts!"

There are a couple of places in scripture which speak in regards to the sun being turned to blood, i.e. appearing blood red, which is referring of course to the 6th seal. And being that it is part of the seal judgments, which can only take place after the church has been gathered, then any event of blood red moons cannot be in fulfillment of the event which takes place at the opening of the 6th seal. Being that this is a seal judgment, I don't believe that the moon being turned blood red will be something the science will be able to predict, but will be something that God will specifically cause to happen. That said, all of the recent and past blood red moons were/are just natural occurrences, as we can see that none of them were followed by the 7th seal and the seven trumpets.

Also, accompanying that blood red moon will be a great earthquake, which will stir the mountains and the islands in their foundations. It isn't until the 7th bowl judgment earthquake that the mountains and islands will completely disappear. It also states that the kings, the generals, the mighty men and all people, will run to the mountains and call to the mountains and the rocks to fall on them to hide them from the face of Him who sits on the throne, which will be made possible with the sky rolling back and revealing the heavenly realm with God sitting on His throne. In short, the "blood moon nuts" fail to include the rest of the prophecy which goes along with the blood moon event. They're sensationalists!

"The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD" - Joel 2:31

"And when I saw the Lamb open the sixth seal, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black like sackcloth of goat hair, and the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth like unripe figs dropping from a tree shaken by a great wind. The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place. Then the kings of the earth, the nobles, the commanders, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and free man, hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. And they said to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of Their wrath has come, and who is able to withstand it?”

As I said, these people are sensationalist focusing only on the blood moon and leave the rest of the events out. However, when that 6th seal is opened, all of the above will take place within proximity to one another, as they will all fulfill the event.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I really appreciate everyone's input and we all seem to be one the same page here. The important thing is to keep is our eyes focused on the Lord and while it is good and even wise to pay attention to the signs of his return our main focus is to be on him. After all diving to deep into anything can be bad for you, if we go to deep into seeking after signs then it will consume our thoughts and we begin to be pulled into the hype and lose focus of our real mission and purpose here on earth.

I remember when I was studying conspiracy and how it was related to the world the church and the enemies hidden agenda and I experienced first hand what happens when you go to deep into that luckily I had the sense to back off and focus on God instead but the same can be said about anything. I know some people who are so obsessed with looking for signs for the end times that they see it in everything even just a normal cloud is a sign of something for them and I kid you not they actually see this in stuff like that.

Honestly I think the enemy likes to use these things to warp peoples minds and take their focus off of God,and it seems like people actually want this stuff to happen not even knowing the absolute gruesome things that will transpire

memyselfi

Jan 12, 2017
I grew up in what we call b.f.e… the country... of Ohio and we called them harvest mons back in the 70"s-80's. Maybe us from the boonies are not up to date with the new Christian fad...?!?

I understand the post.... they are no more/ no less than harvest moons!!!

Maybe I need to be more Christian to read something into them...lol...

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
I really appreciate everyone's input and we all seem to be one the same page here. The important thing is to keep is our eyes focused on the Lord and while it is good and even wise to pay attention to the signs of his return our main focus is to be on him. After all diving to deep into anything can be bad for you, if we go to deep into seeking after signs then it will consume our thoughts and we begin to be pulled into the hype and lose focus of our real mission and purpose here on earth.

I remember when I was studying conspiracy and how it was related to the world the church and the enemies hidden agenda and I experienced first hand what happens when you go to deep into that luckily I had the sense to back off and focus on God instead but the same can be said about anything. I know some people who are so obsessed with looking for signs for the end times that they see it in everything even just a normal cloud is a sign of something for them and I kid you not they actually see this in stuff like that.

Honestly I think the enemy likes to use these things to warp peoples minds and take their focus off of God,and it seems like people actually want this stuff to happen not even knowing the absolute gruesome things that will transpire
Watching and waiting for His appearing is being focused on Him. There is no reason why we have chose to do one thing over another. The Lord's words are everywhere "Watch!" As Peter said, "as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming." And regarding the Lord's appearing Paul said "as we await the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ."

Our continuing in the faith and anticipating and waiting for His appearing should be our focus.

Jul 29, 2018
NYC, NY

Amen Blain

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
Not that horrible things aren't happening all the time lately anyway, but have any of these "Four Blood Moons" (or however many we're up to) coincided with anything specific yet?