2020 Resolutions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
Any resolutions for the new year? Would love to share ideas with each other and let’s hold each other accountable to it!!! 🙂

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

1. Read the bible more 😊

2. Lose weight. My goal weight is 45-50 kilograms about 100-120 lbs. I am near my goal already 😎

3. To stay fit and healthy.

4. Save more(gotta be wise with my money already) Staying away and won't let people take advantage of me anymore...(I ask for prayer in this area coz i keep on failing in this area of me😊

5. To start my own house building early before mid 2020. (I kept on putting this aside because of my family) its about time 😊

Lord, help me and give me grace to do whatever brings glory and honor to You in this coming year Thank You❤🙏🏼

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
This year my resolutions have a different perspective. I will look to let go of things that I have outgrown. In the past I surrounded myself with tools and items for creativity. I made rugs, bowls, baskets, jewelry and sculptures. None of this was wrong. It opened up a wonderful world of colour, textures and learning. I loved it but over time I have accumulated more and more items that have a "one day" intention. In review I saw that I cocooned myself and used it to cope with life's difficulties in a healthy way. Today? Today I see stuff. I see things that would benefit youth programs and women's events. My resolution is to step towards focus and clarity. I want open, clean spaces that reflect the grace I've been given. I don't have to protect myself or heal. I can fold those garments, chose what I enjoy rather than need and let go of hiding places. There are other things, but I think the theme of living my best life, of growth, is my resolution for 2020.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
I will try to spend more time with the Lord in prayer and through His word.

I will read more books.

I will try to maintain health and wellness.

I will just enjoy work and avoid working too hard.

I will try to spend more time with family and friends.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This year I resolve to not make any new year's resolutions.

That broke itself.

With the making and breaking of resolutions out of the way, I am free to enjoy New Year's Eve. :cool:

T

TheIndianGirl

I'm taking a New Testament class at local seminary. So, I hope to have read the New Testament plus textbooks in entirety.

I live downtown and haven't driven in a long time. I want to take some lessons and get back to driving.

Attain better work/life management.

Exercise/maintain wellness.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Start the One-Year-Bible on the 1st
Build my Faith more
Assist people in need more
Continue on a healthy diet
Make a schedule for duties
To be cont.....

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Not a New Years resolution...just a resolution. 😊
"To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God." ❤

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Not a New Years resolution...just a resolution. 😊
"To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with my God." ❤
You have given yourself a very tough resolution. Bless you for embracing it.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Let's see, I don't know if my plans are firm enough to call them resolutions but:

I'd like to find some sort of exercise solution for over the winter months when the weather isn't conducive to walking laps around the parking lot during breaks at work.
I'd like to try to get some sort of regular local board gaming gathering organized.
I'd like to find a way to put the computer and internet in it's proper place as a tool and thing to use in the pursuit of my goals instead of having it be a monster that devours chunks of my time and consumes my life (ok I may not be that bad, but I'd like to be better).

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Not sure, but if you were born in September, you can probably guess how your parents celebrated the new year.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Honestly, I’d like to think less and make some really spontaneous decisions. I’m not sure how successful I will be in this. In my head it sounds lovely.

Realistically for me, I am going to step out and help some different groups locally. I want to be more active in reaching out to those in my community beyond my job.

I’m going to try really hard not to pick up the baggage that the Lord has helped me to get rid of this year.

I’m feeling like it’s going to be a busy year. 🙂

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
1. Read the bible more
2.Make a better Card game
3.Write more

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
(The following is cribbed from an old xkcd cartoon.)

I'm scared of being stuck—thinking I'm fixing things about myself but never actually changing.

My 2020 resolution is to break out of loops. To recognize when I'm not making progress, stop yelling at myself, and try a different approach.

Sure that was my resolution last year... but this year's gonna be different.

If at first you don't succeed... that's one data point.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hey did somebody say email?

Oh wait... I did. Oh well, here's an xkcd comic.

"Hey Rob. Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Yeah I'd love to go see Wall-E with you on opening night. Or are you not doing that now?"

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My new year's resolution for 2020 is to finally grow up and figure out this "mature" thing.

At first I tried to switch from pokemon posters to REGULAR oil paintings, but then these really grumpy and totally unreasonable detectives came from the Louvre and took them back. They wouldn't even give me back my thumbtacks!