26 years since I was saved

  • Thread starter Thread starter toinena
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

toinena

Guest
My walk with Christ has been a bumpy one. I have fallen and I have got lost and I have lost. I have misunderstood and made a mess out of things. I think I am a slow learner and a disobedient child. Yet. God's love and mercy never fail to astonish me. And I think He has great confidence in me, thinking I can handle every twist and turn life throws at me.

Like my big adventure to the States these past 10 days. I thought I was meant to meet the man of my dreams. The second chance I have longed for. Anyway. Not a single flight went as planned. Not a single hotelbooking was right, although I had done everything correctly. That the man didn't show up was to expected. Why should I have some chance of happiness?

I am happy, though. Although the world seems to be falling apart around me, my health is failing, my family breaking to pieces , my jobs make me exhausted, I always find peace, rest and joy in the Lord. Without Him I would be lost. I would have lost my mind. And most likely committed suicide. He is the reason why I live and can rejoice. If I don't have the hope of one day coming home to Him, I don't have anything.

I remind myself of the words from Luke to which I was saved. And I rejoice for not being a lost sheep anymore.

[FONT=&quot]15 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.[/FONT]
 
Hei! Synd at turen ble slik, men over dammen har de ikke greid å følge med i utviklingen når det gjelder flyplasser, hoteller og slikt. Det er noe 70-talls (det har jeg hørt fra noen som opplevde 70-tallet) over det hele. Fint at du kom trygt hjem igjen.
 
Jennie-Mae;bt22500 said:
Hei! Synd at turen ble slik, men over dammen har de ikke greid å følge med i utviklingen når det gjelder flyplasser, hoteller og slikt. Det er noe 70-talls (det har jeg hørt fra noen som opplevde 70-tallet) over det hele. Fint at du kom trygt hjem igjen.

Nei. Egentlig er det vanlig når en reiser med rullestol... F.eks. klarte de å "miste" en gaffeltruck på Gardermoen da vi kom fram, slik at vi ble sittende i flyet førti minutter etter at det var tømt. Litt frustrerte kabinpersonale, for å si det sånn....