260 Christians Killed in Sri Lanka Easter Bombings; a Million Christians Martyred Since 2005 including many Children According to Massachuset's CSGC

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 16, 2018
290 people were killed and about 500 injured in the( April 21st, 2019) Sri Lanka Easter bombings of the Protestant Evangelical Zion Church and 2 Catholic churches during Easter services; and also of 3 luxury hotels. Most of the deaths were at the churches, with about 260(or more) Christians dead.

Please pray that the Lord Jesus Christ is glorified and that many millions of people in Sri Lanka(pop. 22 million, 70% Buddhists) and the world will come to Christ Jesus.
Pray that the Christians of Sri Lanka have their faith strengthened, and that they are comforted and given all the help they need in this tragic time for them.

I remember last year that my best friend, an Evangelical, told me that his colleagues at work were really bugging him about the story about the Christian TV evangelist who was asking his followers for money to buy a brand new $50 million jet. He already had 3 other jets the news reported.

Many in secular society view Christians as "superficial, fake" people. However almost a million Christians have been killed for their faith from just 2005 until 2016, according to the Centre for the Study of Global Christianity( in Massachusets) as reported in the UK's Independent news and the ChristianPost :
https://www.christianpost.com/news/...r-their-faith-in-last-10-years-report-173045/.
(As you all know in Romans 8:36 Paul says that Christians were being slaughtered like sheep but even that could not separate them from Christ and his love.)

Most people in the secular world have no idea about the staggering numbers of Christians who are being persecuted and killed for their faith worldwide every year. The media does not really cover the martyrdom of our fellow Christians worldwide.

If the media did properly cover global Christian martyrdom then more in secular society would see that true Christianity is a deeply authentic faith- the only truth.

Making the general public understand the authenticity of the Christian faith by sharing-as you know- the Good News of Jesus Christ and his Cross is the way to lead many to eternal salvation. However the general public has a prejudiced view of Christianity(due to a few "rotten apples who get all the media focus and the way some in society quite effectively slander us).
When we make society aware of the massive numbers of Christians who are dying in the non-Western world because of their faith in Jesus, I think this can clearly cause the message of Christ's Cross to have a much better ability to reach their hearts, minds and souls.

Non-western Christians are dying for the Lord- the least we can do is to help tell the world about this great love that they have for Jesus and this in turn will lead them to have a better view about the Lord.

------------Jesus Christ and his Father are glorified by these Christian martyrs-many of whom are teenagers and children! We can greatly help glorify the Lord by 5 minutes of our time:

-----------If you are Canadian, can you please email CTV News : [email protected]
CBC NEWS https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-ca/requests/new?ticket_form_id=114094002553 -1)Option: CBC News/shows -2)Programming:News
***Please tell them that you are a Christian and would like to see more coverage and updates on the Sri Lanka Easter Church bombings on the National, the Network News and local news.

-----------If you are American then please contact: Fox newshttps://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
CNN https://www.cnn.com/feedback
ABC News https://abc.go.com/feedback

----------If you are in another country please consider emailing your favorite newscaster.

You will certainly have an impact because the newscasters are very interested in what their audience desires.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
290 people were killed and about 500 injured in the( April 21st, 2019) Sri Lanka Easter bombings of the Protestant Evangelical Zion Church and 2 Catholic churches during Easter services; and also of 3 luxury hotels. Most of the deaths were at the churches, with about 260(or more) Christians dead.
The three important points to note are (1) It was a Radical Islamist group (Muslim terrorists) which orchestrated these attacks; (2) these attacks were anticipated but their intelligence agency failed to inform Christians about this; (3) there was no hue and cry about this from New Zealand and other Western nations about attacks on Christians and how Radical Islam needs to be crushed. Indeed, even the government spokesman for Sri Lanka said "religious extremists" (which could mean anything) rather than Islamic terrorists.

We can see here that Radical Islam is winning the war, while the craven Western nations capitulate Islam at every opportunity. Was the government of Sri Lanka sleeping or were they simply indifferent to the plight of Christians?

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
What I found to be interesting about this bombing, is in the early reports, they were blaming militant Buddhists. In other words, Buddhists, who have a goal of being "compassionate" are fingered, instead of the obvious choice - Muslims. Another attempt for the leaders of Sri Lanka to point the media away from the truth of this horrible set of bombings.

(I am not saying Buddhism is a good religion, just that unlike Islam, there is very little evidence in their writing and culture, that would point to an organized attack like this!)

As for writing CBC in Canada, good luck with asking them to cover this disaster. They are front, right and centre being paid by Trudeau to make him and all Muslims look good, and to constantly attack Christians on every issue. I deleted my apps to their internet news, I got so utterly sick or reading their propaganda machine, also know as "Pravda."

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Where is the Prime Minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern ??
When a lone hateful gunman killed 50 Muslims, she and her government went into an Islamic solidarity frenzy;
even wearing the hijab scarf in solidarity with Muslims.
And of course an entire race of European peoples were collectively condemned.

300 plus people slaughtered by Islamic terrorists upholding the teachings of Mohammed to kill infidels; and
NOT ONE WORD: nor any condemnation and not any expressions of solidarity with the victims (particularly Christian
victims). Nothing!!
Marxists truly only care for their politically correct acceptable victim groups - they are completely unable to emulate the
good Samaritan and love their "enemies."

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Where is the Prime Minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern ??
When a lone hateful gunman killed 50 Muslims, she and her government went into an Islamic solidarity frenzy;
even wearing the hijab scarf in solidarity with Muslims.
And of course an entire race of European peoples were collectively condemned.

300 plus people slaughtered by Islamic terrorists upholding the teachings of Mohammed to kill infidels; and
NOT ONE WORD: nor any condemnation and not any expressions of solidarity with the victims (particularly Christian
victims). Nothing!!
Marxists truly only care for their politically correct acceptable victim groups - they are completely unable to emulate the
good Samaritan and love their "enemies."
You are so right to be outraged.

In Canada, a small thing, but it has driven me crazy. Trudeau lowered the flag to half mast, after the New Zealand deaths of specifically Muslims, and called out "white supremcists."

He said some words about the tragedy in Sri Lanka, never noted it was Christians who were murdered, or that it was a Muslim attack, and he did not lower the flag to half mast, despite 6 times more people being killed, and ten times more being injured, than in the New Zealand bombing.

He is going to be gone in October, when the next election comes. Because of him, every Liberal provincial government has now fallen, and in some provinces are extinct. So much for his divisive policies and supporting Muslims.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Oct 16, 2018
Thanks a lot Nehemiah, Angela, Waggles and Mar09 for the replies and to all who read my Op.
I am saddened that the news media did not specifically mention that the Zion Church where 28 Christians were killed and many injured, was a "Protestant" or "Evangelical" church.
I am still scratching my head!?

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
John 15:

Oct 16, 2018
Thanks a lot for the reply Waggles. The evangelical Zion Church Batticaloa needs help. 28 are dead and 160 injured.
The breadwinners of some families are dead and others are too injured to work. The church is damaged.
---Please Google : Give Zion Church Batticaloa (and ask friends to help if you can)
Here is the story with photo, about the Zion Church goer and father ,who confronted the ``pure evil` bomber and was killed.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48034689