2Cor 5.......The Ministry of Reconciliation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
MacArthur gives the best treatment on this matter that I have ever seen. I have to tell you people honestly some of MacArthur's sermons are among the finest in the world today. Amazing stuff and worth your time give it a listen....Highest recommendation.

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/47-38/the-ministry-of-reconciliation

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/GTY113/called-to-the-ministry-of-reconciliation
He's the best teacher I've ever heard, that's for sure.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
MacArthur gives the best treatment on this matter that I have ever seen. I have to tell you people honestly some of MacArthur's sermons are among the finest in the world today. Amazing stuff and worth your time give it a listen....Highest recommendation.

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/47-38/the-ministry-of-reconciliation

https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/GTY113/called-to-the-ministry-of-reconciliation
A calvinist understanding of this Chapter, by John MacArthur will come from that world view of course . Like anything its good to know ahead of time before you listen to a preacher ,what is their worldview and what are thier doctrines. John Macarthur will tell you himself that he is a calvinist and does not shy away from this . So 2 cor 5 will be understood from that perspective. Which i believe is unbiblical.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Just listened. Why do you spend over an hour listening to a man preaching on a verse avoiding what the actual verse says . He spent most of his talk teaching why the verses don't actually mean what they say . This is skillfully done mind you .
When a preacher has to spend the Majority of a sermon ' setting ' the ground before he explains the text ,is a red flag . It means he does not believe what it says .
Look at it .
19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
This saves anyone the need to listen for over an hour dressing and setting the scene as to what the text ' really means ' if you just accept all this stuff im loading into the meaning " .
Its self evident :
19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling THE WORLD unto himself , not imputing thier trespasses unto them ; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
This is plain . It doesn't require dancing all over the bible, pulling verses from other places . He never addresses the actual verses in context first.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Just listened. Why do you spend over an hour listening to a man preaching on a verse avoiding what the actual verse says . He spent most of his talk teaching why the verses don't actually mean what they say . This is skillfully done mind you .
When a preacher has to spend the Majority of a sermon ' setting ' the ground before he explains the text ,is a red flag . It means he does not believe what it says .
Look at it .
19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
This saves anyone the need to listen for over an hour dressing and setting the scene as to what the text ' really means ' if you just accept all this stuff im loading into the meaning " .
Its self evident :
19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling THE WORLD unto himself , not imputing thier trespasses unto them ; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
This is plain . It doesn't require dancing all over the bible, pulling verses from other places . He never addresses the actual verses in context first.
MacArthur explains that in full detail. He deftly debunks universalism........Which is an heresy.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009

Hi cv5,

I'll check it out later. I would agree a great teacher of the word (even though he's dispensational. :rolleyes: :p)

B

Blackpowderduelist

Hi cv5,

I'll check it out later. I would agree a great teacher of the word (even though he's dispensational. :rolleyes: :p)
He's also sacramentarian.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i didn't listen; i read it ((the transcript is below the audio in the OP link))

does MacArthur believe Christ is God?

some of the things he says made it seem like he doesn't.
or maybe i'm just used to listening to a different teacher, that is extraordinarily emphatic & careful about that point

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
MacArthur explains that in full detail. He deftly debunks universalism........Which is an heresy.
The fact that you jumped to ' universalism ' ( i never mentioned it ,so its odd ) Means that your confused by what the verse says . This is the issue . ' reconciliation ' is not ' saved ' . Its reconciled . Its just one part of salvation, its not the execution of it .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
John Starts off at the ' ministry of reconciliation ' part glosses over ' World ' and confuses ' reconciled ' with ' saved ' . Reconciled 'is not 'regeneration '. Regeneration comes after believing the Gospel .

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
He's also sacramentarian.
I happen to agree with MacArthur on that.

Give it a listen. Really these sermons are quite remarkable. You aren't going to get preaching like this anywhere else. More teaching packed into 60 minutes that anybody I have ever heard.

I must have listened to AT LEAST 5000 hours of MacArthur sermons by now. Maybe 10,000 hours who knows. I would at times listen to 8 hours of sermons continuously if I am on a long drive. I cannot believe how blessed I have been just to listen to the Word is such a manner. So many in the world today have so little of the gospel preached to them.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Thanks for the heads up... I never cared for the man as a teacher.
He is tough. I will grant you that. If you want a tepid soft spoken comfy preacher like your favorite lounge chair there are lots of those around. But they don't do a thing for me......

Doctrinally we agree about 98% of the time.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Hi cv5,

Actually.....he states that he is a "leaky dispensationalist".

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
He is tough. I will grant you that. If you want a tepid soft spoken comfy preacher like your favorite lounge chair there are lots of those around. But they don't do a thing for me......

Doctrinally we agree about 98% of the time.
One does not need to have a preference for tepid soft spoken comfy preachers to not like Johnny Mac.

He doesn't do a thing for me :) And in fact, I dislike his attitude.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I happen to agree with MacArthur on that.

Give it a listen. Really these sermons are quite remarkable. You aren't going to get preaching like this anywhere else. More teaching packed into 60 minutes that anybody I have ever heard.

I must have listened to AT LEAST 5000 hours of MacArthur sermons by now. Maybe 10,000 hours who knows. I would at times listen to 8 hours of sermons continuously if I am on a long drive. I cannot believe how blessed I have been just to listen to the Word is such a manner. So many in the world today have so little of the gospel preached to them.
Thats gonna take some time to de programme

B

Blackpowderduelist

Yep the Baptists (and most protestants) view of the Lords supper/Eucharist is different from Roman Catholic and Lutherans.
Jesus said is, that's fairly simple enough, but he also said unless you do eat my body and drink my blood, you will have no part of me. That is some serious words there that I'm not willing to risk. So He said is and unless you do. That's all it takes for me.