2Samuel 18 -- Playtime is over.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
1 David mustered the men who were with him and appointed over them commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds. 2 David sent out his troops, a third under the command of Joab, a third under Joab’s brother Abishai son of Zeruiah, and a third under Ittai the Gittite. The king told the troops, “I myself will surely march out with you.”

The response is three pronged. We have those who are pushing forward on exposing the election fraud. People like Mike Lindell and Sydney Powell. Then there are those who creating alternatives to the tech giants. Gab, Dissenter, Rumble, etc. Finally, there are others who are getting the word out exposing the corruption and hypocrisy in Biden’s administration. Explaining how the jobs have been destroyed and sent to China, how the Equality Act is targeting Christians to destroy and criminalize churches. Exposing the laws they are proposing for elections, etc.

3 But the men said, “You must not go out; if we are forced to flee, they won’t care about us. Even if half of us die, they won’t care; but you are worth ten thousand of us.[a] It would be better now for you to give us support from the city.”

It is a wonderful thing that has happened since Trump lost. People have risen up from every walk to become active. One major area is that people are getting involved in politics at the local level by becoming precinct committeemen.

4 The king answered, “I will do whatever seems best to you.”

So the king stood beside the gate while all his men marched out in units of hundreds and of thousands. 5 The king commanded Joab, Abishai and Ittai, “Be gentle with the young man Absalom for my sake.” And all the troops heard the king giving orders concerning Absalom to each of the commanders.

There are some very young leaders on the left, the most notable of them is Greta Thurnberg, a young girl who has become a spokesperson for the green movement. What most people do not understand is that the green movement is “delusional piety”. For example, the concept of solar power or wind power or electric vehicles sounds great. We get power from wind or the sun or we have cars without any emissions. The problem is that this is not true. The movie “Planet of the Humans” reveals how fraudulent, deceptive and deceitful this movement is. First, there are a lot of greenhouse gas emissions from the manufacture and production of solar panels and wind turbines. Second, there are a lot of other negative ecologic impacts from these technologies. Third, it is foolish to even attempt to get to 20% of your electricity from these technologies because they are intermittent. The critical benefit from these three technologies is that they can reduce the emissions from coal plants in cities. Those emissions cause asthma, so in that sense it can remove the harmful pollution from cities and move them into rural areas where the mining and manufacturing are done. The reason the “green new deal” is getting such traction and press is because we are talking about trillions of dollars of business. People are going to make money, a lot of it, and that is what this is about. There are no proposals on the table that are “going to save the world”. Dig deeper and every environmentalist will tell you they won’t get any reductions in greenhouse gas emissions without reducing population. Hence the push to finance abortions worldwide.

6 David’s army marched out of the city to fight Israel, and the battle took place in the forest of Ephraim. 7 There Israel’s troops were routed by David’s men, and the casualties that day were great—twenty thousand men. 8 The battle spread out over the whole countryside, and the forest swallowed up more men that day than the sword.

The light shined in the darkness and the darkness did not overcome it. Many, many of the people who were strongly supporting Biden were feminists who have been horrified by this “Equality Act”. They realize they fought for years to put women’s sports on equal footing with men’s sports and in one law this will be completely undone. US women’s sports has dominated in worldwide competitions. There are countries like China who are desperate to show that communism is better than democracy, this law will do that. If very few Americans support this law you can be sure it is far fewer people in other countries who support it. American teams will be banned from competition and become a byword. Many people thought that Biden was for the little guy and the Republicans were the party of big business. However, all of Biden’s actions have favored the huge multinational corporations at the expense of the little guy. Finally, the only other area of support he has is with environmentalists. Once they learn that everything they have been told and bought into is a lie they will be disgusted and ashamed.

9 Now Absalom happened to meet David’s men. He was riding his mule, and as the mule went under the thick branches of a large oak, Absalom’s hair got caught in the tree. He was left hanging in midair, while the mule he was riding kept on going.

This theme of real soldiers not having long hair is throughout these two books. For example, many children’s books depict David holding Goliath’s head by his hair. However, the story clearly says that Goliath was wearing a helmet. It also clearly tells us that after cutting off the head David fought the armies of the Philistines. He had a sword in one hand and the head in the other. The head would act as a shield and it would be much more effective with the helmet on, not off. Holding a head by the hair would not give your hand any protection and any sword would cut right through the hair. The story also tells us that Goliath was a man of war from his youth and real soldiers cut their hair so you can’t grab it in a fight. Based on that I concluded that David was holding Goliath’s head by the neck. In this way the chin would protect his hand and this would be a very strong handle that would make it through a day long battle. However, that changes the story because most children’s plays depict David as a little boy who runs up and hacks Goliaths head off. If he needs the neck he would have carefully severed it at the shoulder blades to make sure he had a good handle, and that in turn means this was part of his plan. Which meant he understood that killing Goliath was only the first step to victory, the second step is leading the army to defeat the Philistines. That type of strategic thinking told me that Jesse, his father, had trained him. Then later we see David’s men grabbing the heads and killing their opponents in the war with the house of Saul. The easiest way to grab someone’s head is by the hair. Finally we learn of Absalom with the long flowing hair that he cuts and weighs every six months. This is obviously something of vanity. Absalom is like some Hollywood actor pretending to be a soldier. If you are serious about being in the Lord’s army you will cut off your pride, cut off your glory. Jesus is your head, Jesus is your glory.

10 When one of the men saw what had happened, he told Joab, “I just saw Absalom hanging in an oak tree.”

11 Joab said to the man who had told him this, “What! You saw him? Why didn’t you strike him to the ground right there? Then I would have had to give you ten shekels[b] of silver and a warrior’s belt.”

12 But the man replied, “Even if a thousand shekels[c] were weighed out into my hands, I would not lay a hand on the king’s son. In our hearing the king commanded you and Abishai and Ittai, ‘Protect the young man Absalom for my sake.[d]’ 13 And if I had put my life in jeopardy[e]—and nothing is hidden from the king—you would have kept your distance from me.”

Remember the two people who David killed when they tried to take credit for Saul being killed.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
14 Joab said, “I’m not going to wait like this for you.” So he took three javelins in his hand and plunged them into Absalom’s heart while Absalom was still alive in the oak tree. 15 And ten of Joab’s armor-bearers surrounded Absalom, struck him and killed him.

Sorry Greta, sorry AOC, should have done your homework. You have been telling the world to spend trillions of dollars to “save the planet” when the only savior we have is Jesus. Your gospel is a lie.

16 Then Joab sounded the trumpet, and the troops stopped pursuing Israel, for Joab halted them. 17 They took Absalom, threw him into a big pit in the forest and piled up a large heap of rocks over him. Meanwhile, all the Israelites fled to their homes.

18 During his lifetime Absalom had taken a pillar and erected it in the King’s Valley as a monument to himself, for he thought, “I have no son to carry on the memory of my name.” He named the pillar after himself, and it is called Absalom’s Monument to this day.

The Georgia Guidestones are a monument to the environmental movement and demonstrate that it is clearly a “new age religion” and a synthesis of previous pagan religions. https://www.jeremiahproject.com/deceptions/the-false-green-gospel-of-the-environmental-movement/

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
David Mourns

19 Now Ahimaaz son of Zadok said, “Let me run and take the news to the king that the Lord has vindicated him by delivering him from the hand of his enemies.”

20 “You are not the one to take the news today,” Joab told him. “You may take the news another time, but you must not do so today, because the king’s son is dead.”

21 Then Joab said to a Cushite, “Go, tell the king what you have seen.” The Cushite bowed down before Joab and ran off.

22 Ahimaaz son of Zadok again said to Joab, “Come what may, please let me run behind the Cushite.”

But Joab replied, “My son, why do you want to go? You don’t have any news that will bring you a reward.”

23 He said, “Come what may, I want to run.”

So Joab said, “Run!” Then Ahimaaz ran by way of the plain[f] and outran the Cushite.

24 While David was sitting between the inner and outer gates, the watchman went up to the roof of the gateway by the wall. As he looked out, he saw a man running alone. 25 The watchman called out to the king and reported it.

The king said, “If he is alone, he must have good news.” And the runner came closer and closer.

26 Then the watchman saw another runner, and he called down to the gatekeeper, “Look, another man running alone!”

The king said, “He must be bringing good news, too.”

27 The watchman said, “It seems to me that the first one runs like Ahimaaz son of Zadok.”

“He’s a good man,” the king said. “He comes with good news.”

28 Then Ahimaaz called out to the king, “All is well!” He bowed down before the king with his face to the ground and said, “Praise be to the Lord your God! He has delivered up those who lifted their hands against my lord the king.”

29 The king asked, “Is the young man Absalom safe?”

Ahimaaz answered, “I saw great confusion just as Joab was about to send the king’s servant and me, your servant, but I don’t know what it was.”

30 The king said, “Stand aside and wait here.” So he stepped aside and stood there.

31 Then the Cushite arrived and said, “My lord the king, hear the good news! The Lord has vindicated you today by delivering you from the hand of all who rose up against you.”

32 The king asked the Cushite, “Is the young man Absalom safe?”

The Cushite replied, “May the enemies of my lord the king and all who rise up to harm you be like that young man.”

33 The king was shaken. He went up to the room over the gateway and wept. As he went, he said: “O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you—O Absalom, my son, my son!”[g]

Any time you have a civil war with brother fighting brother and people in the same family on opposing sides there is no joy in victory. This is a wound that cuts deep, a self inflicted wound because of foolishness and to be fair it was David who was responsible for this. He was the one who sinned with Bathsheba and brought disgrace on himself before the entire world. Furthermore it was the sins of his family that have caused this great turmoil and destruction. In many wars the spoils go to the victors, but what spoils are there when you are fighting a civil war amongst yourselves. This is the price of sin.