3 Statements...Just True or False

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I will not "explain" my views...
but I will officially protest the fact I'm not allowed to explain.... because I'm not a data point to be polled... I'M A HUMAN!!
(Regardless of what you've heard.)

I suspect the research objective is to determine likeminded individuals here, which has otherwise proven to be quite problematic. If so, that's perfectly understandable. I love you tho, whatever you are.

Forgive my trespasses.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I will not "explain" my views...
but I will officially protest the fact I'm not allowed to explain.... because I'm not a data point to be polled... I'M A HUMAN!!
(Regardless of what you've heard.)

What if all I wanted to find out is who is amenable to answering a thread question the way it is asked. You would then inadvertently made yourself a data point.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I suspect the research objective is to determine likeminded individuals here, which has otherwise proven to be quite problematic. If so, that's perfectly understandable. I love you tho, whatever you are.

Forgive my trespasses.
No apologies necessary. I have no problem with people holding different views. And those I've found to be the friendliest are those whose views I differ with the most.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
1. When Adam sinned, his mind, heart, and will were corrupted.
Why couldn't it be the other way around?
Hi Mem, this is just a thought, but wouldn't "the other way around" lay the blame for Adam's moral corruption, evil and sin (as well ours) directly at God's feet, since "the other way around" would have to mean that God made him that way :unsure:

My answers are:
1. True
2. True
3. True
As are mine (unless I'm not thinking clearly about one or more of the three OP choices :unsure: :eek:).

~Deuteronomy

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi Mem, this is just a thought, but wouldn't "the other way around" lay the blame for Adam's moral corruption, evil and sin (as well ours) directly at God's feet, since "the other way around" would have to mean that God made him that way :unsure:
Agree. More Calvinistic confusion. Attributing bad choices to the hand of God rather than men. Blasphemy.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022

As are mine (unless I'm not thinking clearly about one or more of the three OP choices :unsure::eek:).

~Deuteronomy
Thanks for sharing.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Not necessarily. Adam was made in the image of God, that is with His own will (that was purposed by God to submit in faith to God's will). The first Adam failed where the second Adam did not. Jesus trusted even when it seemed He would have to lose in order to win. And Adam wasn't willing to 'lose' the tokogae. Idk, though it would seem to me to be the logical conclusion of 'ye shall die,' if he fully realized the trade would be the tree of life.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Adam was made in the image of God, that is with His own will (that was purposed by God to submit in faith to God's will).
Yes.
The first Adam failed where the second Adam did not.
Yes.
And Adam wasn't willing to 'lose' the tokogae.
Oyster not so bright. Is this be a Greek thingy? :oops:
though it would seem to me to be the logical conclusion of 'ye shall die,' if he fully realized the trade would be the tree of life.
Me not follow. :rolleyes::cry:

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Oyster not so bright. Is this be a Greek thingy? :oops:
its an acronym for the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
another acronym, idk- "i don't know', even tho God didn't say, 'you will no longer be permitted from the tree of life' but instead said, 'ye shall die," and given that Adam was not deceived as scripture claims Eve was, I wonder if Adam knew the trade-off would be the tree of life for 'tokogae' (but I'm not sure if I'm using the standard running acronym for that).

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Not necessarily. Adam was made in the image of God, that is with His own will (that was purposed by God to submit in faith to God's will). The first Adam failed where the second Adam did not. Jesus trusted even when it seemed He would have to lose in order to win. And Adam wasn't willing to 'lose' the tokogae. Idk, though it would seem to me to be the logical conclusion of 'ye shall die,' if he fully realized the trade would be the tree of life.
Hmmm, but wouldn't being made in God's image also mean that Adam's heart/mind/will were NOT corrupt when God created him :unsure:

As far as the rest goes, I think that I'll join @oyster67 and ask you to elaborate a bit more, because some of what you just said is confusing to me, and I'd like to be sure that I understand the points that you are making. (edit: I see that you just did that for us in your last post, so I'll consider what you just said .. but please don't hesitate to explain further, if you think it will do us any good ;))

Thank you!

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I wonder if Adam knew the trade-off
I don't know if He knew everything, but I think he knew enough. God seemed to think he did, yes?
God was definitely disappointed.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Good night (I guess it's morning). :sleep:

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Hmmm, but wouldn't being made in God's image also mean that Adam's heart/mind/will were NOT corrupt when God created him :unsure:
For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set you free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:3
So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being;” the last Adam a life-giving spirit. 1Corinthians 15:46

He was created good but from the dust of the earth, that is, natural and perishable. He was not perfected. Perfection requires the likeness to the man from heaven, the imperisable with the life-giving spirit. That's how I understand it.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022

2. Jesus has met every requirement of God for those who are saved.

3. All that are given to Jesus by the Father will come to Him and receive eternal life.

I know how tempting it is to add explanations. Please refrain. I understand that apart from being able to give an explanation some may not want to participate. Perfectly understandable.

My answers are:
1. True
2. True
3. True
1. True
2. True
3. True

John146

Jan 13, 2016

3. All that are given to Jesus by the Father will come to Him and receive eternal life.

I know how tempting it is to add explanations. Please refrain. I understand that apart from being able to give an explanation some may not want to participate. Perfectly understandable.

My answers are:
1. True
2. True
3. True
Taking scripture out of context is not good Bible study. John 6 is concerning those under the law, pre-crucifixion. They had no understanding of the cross. Taking such a verse and placing it as doctrine upon those after the mystery has been revealed causes confusion. Rightly divide the word of truth.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

My answers are:
1. True
2. True
3. True
  1. False
  2. True
  3. False

1. False because the wording sounds Calvinistic that even the will of man can not choose God. Total depravity as they call it.

3. False because this is Calvinistic as well with election and predestination.

But it all depends on how you define these topics of depravity, election, and predestination. You can find Biblical truth within them but not at the extreme of Calvinism.