3 Tactics Calvinists Use Against Non-Calvinists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
If you do not see the Gentiles as being enemies to jacob/Israel, the church, when they mock, scourge, and crucify Christ, so be it, because I would view them as the enemy at that particular time.
I don't choose to stretch scripture in that way.
Jesus, who was a Jew, and was the King of Israel ultimately, as God, came to die for the Gentiles as well as the Jews. There was no church prior to the crucifixion. There was the Synagogue and pagan temples, not churches.
The elders in the Synagogue asked Rome to murder Christ. I think we err in forgetting that. The Roman soldiers were ordered by Pilate to harm Christ, because as we're told Pilate thought that would placate the mob organized against Jesus , again, by the elders of the Synagogue.
If a Roman soldier , let us interject a huge hypothetical into the scripture as you did earlier, had heard Christ ministering prior. And had known the Centurion who's servant Jesus had healed, decided he would not follow those orders and scourge our Lord. And then, he convinced his fellows not to either.
They would have all been executed for disobeying a direct order from their superior and Pilate.

I think you need to take a moment and realize, how you would see Gentiles, of which you and I are today, does not matter. The actual scripture and the lesson within it is what matters.

That's why my hypothetical doesn't matter either. Because it didn't happen. It wouldn't happen. What did happen happened first and foremost because Jesus was born to die and take the sins of the world upon Himself on the cross.
That's also why who is responsible for that isn't the issue. The issue is, Salvation. And what it took to bring that new covenant into this world; The blood of God. The King of the Jews World.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
I don't choose to stretch scripture in that way.
Jesus, who was a Jew, and was the King of Israel ultimately, as God, came to die for the Gentiles as well as the Jews. There was no church prior to the crucifixion. There was the Synagogue and pagan temples, not churches.
The elders in the Synagogue asked Rome to murder Christ. I think we err in forgetting that. The Roman soldiers were ordered by Pilate to harm Christ, because as we're told Pilate thought that would placate the mob organized against Jesus , again, by the elders of the Synagogue.
If a Roman soldier , let us interject a huge hypothetical into the scripture as you did earlier, had heard Christ ministering prior. And had known the Centurion who's servant Jesus had healed, decided he would not follow those orders and scourge our Lord. And then, he convinced his fellows not to either.
They would have all been executed for disobeying a direct order from their superior and Pilate.

I think you need to take a moment and realize, how you would see Gentiles, of which you and I are today, does not matter. The actual scripture and the lesson within it is what matters.

That's why my hypothetical doesn't matter either. Because it didn't happen. It wouldn't happen. What did happen happened first and foremost because Jesus was born to die and take the sins of the world upon Himself on the cross.
That's also why who is responsible for that isn't the issue. The issue is, Salvation. And what it took to bring that new covenant into this world; The blood of God. The King of the Jews World.
I Believe that the invisible church of God's elect was represented in Jacob in whom God changed his name to be called Israel. The visible church was set up by Christ. Eze 1, I believe, has reference to the church, as, "if it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel". The outer wheel being the invisible church of God's elect, and the inner wheel, being the visible church that Jesus set up.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Hearing the word of God alone is not what causes regeneration. No one I know would claim that.

Hearing the Gospel is a means God uses to bring the person to faith and repentance, but it is accompanied by enlightenment by the Holy Spirit. No man can understand, at the heart level, the word of God unless God is opening their heart.

There are some groups who claim such things, though....I believe that the Church of Christ claims this if I'm not mistaken. They don't even believe the Christian has the Spirit of God if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not sure if it's the entire Church of God that teaches this, or the primitive Church of God guys called Campbellites.

Romans 8 would disprove that view.
Umm... It is the preaching of the Gospel with the enlightenment of the Holy Ghost/Hearing the word of God comes faith. Listeners who believe (receive/trust) AFTER the preaching of the Gospel will be regenerated. Those listeners who reject (believe/receive not) the Gospel truth will not be regenerated and that's what actually Peter is saying in line with what Paul said in Ephesians 1. Comparing spiritual things with spiritual...

1 Peter 1: 12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Ephesians 1: 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Timothy5378

Feb 3, 2020
So much time is spent here on something that is not in the Bible...im telling you that the dates the epistles were written are not in the letters...so really that is not all that important...for its NOT SCRIPTURE...YOU COULD GET A CHRISTIAN ENCYCLOPEDIA SET BUT THATS NOT SCRIPTURE...SO THE DEBATE IS A WASTE REALLY...I DONT HAVE TO READ THE BOOK OF MORMON TO KNOW ITS FALSE...WE KNOW IT IS...YOU SEE JUST STICKING WITH WHAT IS GOD'S WORD IS ENOUGH...I DONT HAVE TO READ ALL THE LIES...

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Umm... It is the preaching of the Gospel with the enlightenment of the Holy Ghost/Hearing the word of God comes faith. Listeners who believe (receive/trust) AFTER the preaching of the Gospel will be regenerated. Those listeners who reject (believe/receive not) the Gospel truth will not be regenerated and that's what actually Peter is saying in line with what Paul said in Ephesians 1. Comparing spiritual things with spiritual...

1 Peter 1: 12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Ephesians 1: 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

You’re quoting the KJV. ESV says “when”:

Eph 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

And, again, what you guys believe is decisional regeneration which is not in line with the facts regarding election and predestination. Your position can not reconcile with the rest of Scripture.

God chooses weak individuals to make his glory more evident. 1 Cor 1:26ff clearly states that God chooses.

And, you claim that the man with a heart of stone, enslaved and dead in sin, can respond in faith and repentance. Then, and only then, is he given a heart of flesh.

The coherent view is that God gives the man a heart of flesh to replace the heart of stone, and from this heart of flesh, faith and repentance are produced as a fruit. The dead tree is given life, and starts to produce spiritual fruit.

However, traditional religionists will deny this because it puts the ball in God’s court and not their own, and the essential fallen nature abhors this. It doesn’t correspond to their logical system and their false view of God.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014

Eph 1:13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

And, again, what you guys believe is decisional regeneration which is not in line with the facts regarding election and predestination. Your position can not reconcile with the rest of Scripture.

God chooses weak individuals to make his glory more evident. 1 Cor 1:26ff clearly states that God chooses.

And, you claim that the man with a heart of stone, enslaved and dead in sin, can respond in faith and repentance. Then, and only then, is he given a heart of flesh.

The coherent view is that God gives the man a heart of flesh to replace the heart of stone, and from this heart of flesh, faith and repentance are produced as a fruit. The dead tree is given life, and starts to produce spiritual fruit.

However, traditional religionists will deny this because it puts the ball in God’s court and not their own, and the essential fallen nature abhors this. It doesn’t correspond to their logical system and their false view of God.
I agree wholeheartedly, and because of the testimony His given me I don't have any choice but to agree with you. I didn't "go to God" the day He saved me. After a while of being attracted to Him and attending church when I felt like it, I went up front and repeated the prayer, was even dunked under water for good measure, and thought I was a Christian 100%, yet did not know Him. (also just for the record I believe their was a reason for all of this, that it was His plan, but I was not saved at this point for sure) Then a motorcycle wreak that took all function from my right arm. This broke me completely and the fact of the matter is that when I hit my knees, when God was granting me repentance, if I had ever believed in Him I didn't then, I thought I already knew what that was all about and it didn't help. I was not hitting my knees crying for God or Jesus, when I hit my knees I was crying "I can't do this anymore, I can't do this anymore, I can't do this anymore, world you win, I lose, and I QUIT!!!!". The next day I was radically new, and didn't even realize it until lunch that next day. I was almost knocked back by the realization "I haven't thought about killing myself today, and at that moment right then and there I knew that whatever was happening to me right now was God, and that Jesus the Christ was His Son. From there He led me go John and by the time I got through Chapter 3 I knew I had been born again.

I believe this was on purpose for the very reason of this topic. I have to agree with you because I didn't "choose" Jesus when I was born again in truth on 9-29-13, He chose me and I will sing His praises and declare His word until He takes me, but it takes the wind out of the sails, at least for me, on the "we choose" line of thinking. I know for many that is how they came to Him so this doesn't make sense, but don't seem to understand that we see it like this, if "we" did anything for salvation, even choose, then we have reason to boast, and that there is something required for salvation. Your decision. I know this seems almost heretical to some, but I will not apologize for proclaiming the truth how He has revealed it to me. I do understand that from our point of view we absolutely do make choice, But I also know it's God that get the glory for it all. Amen.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
I agree wholeheartedly, and because of the testimony His given me I don't have any choice but to agree with you. I didn't "go to God" the day He saved me. After a while of being attracted to Him and attending church when I felt like it, I went up front and repeated the prayer, was even dunked under water for good measure, and thought I was a Christian 100%, yet did not know Him. (also just for the record I believe their was a reason for all of this, that it was His plan, but I was not saved at this point for sure) Then a motorcycle wreak that took all function from my right arm. This broke me completely and the fact of the matter is that when I hit my knees, when God was granting me repentance, if I had ever believed in Him I didn't then, I thought I already knew what that was all about and it didn't help. I was not hitting my knees crying for God or Jesus, when I hit my knees I was crying "I can't do this anymore, I can't do this anymore, I can't do this anymore, world you win, I lose, and I QUIT!!!!". The next day I was radically new, and didn't even realize it until lunch that next day. I was almost knocked back by the realization "I haven't thought about killing myself today, and at that moment right then and there that whatever was happening to me right now was God, and that Jesus the Christ was His Son. From there He led me go John and by the time I got through Chapter 3 I knew I had been born again.

I believe this was on purpose for the very reason of this topic. I have to agree with you because I didn't "choose" Jesus when I was born again in truth on 9-29-13, He chose me and I will sing His praises and declare His word until He takes me, but it takes the wind out of the sails, at least for me, on the "we choose" line of thinking. I know for many that is how they came to Him so this doesn't make sense, but don't seem to understand that we see it like this, if "we" did anything for salvation, even choose, then we have reason to boast, and that there is something required for salvation. Your decision. I know this seems almost heretical to some, but I will not apologize for proclaiming the truth how He has revealed it to me. I do understand that from our point of view we absolutely do make choice, But I also know it's God that get the glory for it all. Amen.
Praise God.

I wasn't born again when I first started seeking baptism, and the pastor knew I wasn't, because I was full of self-righteousness and wasn't acknowledging my sin. He told me to go to God in prayer and ask him to grant me repentance. I did that over two weeks, and finally getting ready for work I was born again. God caused me to see my sin clearly, and then I could respond to Christ.

Like I said, I am totally convicted that God gives us the heart of flesh, so that we can respond in faith and repentance. As you know, their view is decisional regeneration, where being born again happens AFTER you somehow dredge up faith and repentance from a stony heart. To them, my position sounds backwards, but I know it is the reality.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
So much time is spent here on something that is not in the Bible...im telling you that the dates the epistles were written are not in the letters...so really that is not all that important...for its NOT SCRIPTURE...YOU COULD GET A CHRISTIAN ENCYCLOPEDIA SET BUT THATS NOT SCRIPTURE...SO THE DEBATE IS A WASTE REALLY...I DONT HAVE TO READ THE BOOK OF MORMON TO KNOW ITS FALSE...WE KNOW IT IS...YOU SEE JUST STICKING WITH WHAT IS GOD'S WORD IS ENOUGH...I DONT HAVE TO READ ALL THE LIES...
Welcome to the forum.
That can be why there are conflicting verses as per policy or ideology in many of the Saint Apostle Paul's Epistles(Letters). Critical scholars have discussed this matter for quite some time. However, the issues aren't readily accepted in lay circles. Like Christian forums.

However, Paul himself said he rejects letters falsely written in his name. 2 Thessalonians chapter 2:1 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,[a] 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness[b] is revealed, the son of destruction.....

(As a new arrival perhaps you don't know this. Writing a post in all caps is the same as yelling, per forum etiquette. )

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin

from a prim. word mean. hearing
Definition
to hear, listen
NASB Word Usage
come to...ears (1), every (1), give heed (2), grant (1), hear (115), heard (216), hearers (1), hearing (24), hears (21), heed (2), listen (24), listened (1), listeners (1), listening (14), listens (5), reached (1), reported (1), understand (1), understands (1).

HELPS Word-studies
akoúō – properly, to hear (listen); (figuratively) to hear God's voice which prompts Him to birth faith within (cf. Ro 10:17). See 189 (akoē).
[191 (akoúō) is the root of the English term, "acoustics."]

1828 Webster Dictionary http://webstersdictionary1828.com/Dictionary/when
WHEN, adverb [G., Latin ]
1. At the time. We were present when General LaFayette embarked at Havre for New York.
2. At what time, interrogatively.
WHEN shall these things be? Matthew 24:3.
3. Which time.
I was adopted heir by his consent; since when his oath is broke.
4. After the time that. when the act is passed, the public will be satisfied.
5. At what time.
Kings may take their advantage, when and how they list.
WHEN as, at the time when; what time.
WHEN as sacred light began to dawn.

As to the NAS translators reportedly, we got an overwhelmingly in the past tense being the word as “heard” 216 x, listened as 1x, reached 1x, reported as 1x vs. 14x as listening and 24x as hearing. This is very important since we can know whether the used of the word “after” or “when” is to be used in the passage under discussion. Not to the surprised, the NAS translators have its translation as “after” and not “when”.

Now, accordingly, Mr. Webster define the word “when” in No. 4 which has still the meaning of “after the time that”. So whether you like it or not it can be said that the word “when” is still true to the KJV, but IF it’s your choice to do so or you take the definition of No. 1 to simply mean “at the time”, however, the context, is not telling you that. Even, The Shorter Oxford Dictionary Volume 2 p. 2,534 stated that the word ‘When’ as a simple relative means “At which time, In or at which;…and then, sometimes implying suddenness; and just then, and at that moment.” So, using the word “when” is simply a translation error for it will cause a wrong interpretation to be “at that moment”. No, it is not ‘at that moment, at the time, while the gospel is being preached, that we are saved or regenerated but after we have heard the word of God, the gospel unto salvation just after we believed.

Well, in order to the understand and believe in someone’s story, one needs to hear the entire story and not just to hear half of the story. Half truth is not a truth at all and what I am inferring is that, your source of information does not totally say the truth, the KJV does.

Actually, you have just not proved the scripture wrong, it is your source that is wrong and the viewpoint I am holding is in line with the scripture of truth.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin

from a prim. word mean. hearing
Definition
to hear, listen
NASB Word Usage
come to...ears (1), every (1), give heed (2), grant (1), hear (115), heard (216), hearers (1), hearing (24), hears (21), heed (2), listen (24), listened (1), listeners (1), listening (14), listens (5), reached (1), reported (1), understand (1), understands (1).

HELPS Word-studies
akoúō – properly, to hear (listen); (figuratively) to hear God's voice which prompts Him to birth faith within (cf. Ro 10:17). See 189 (akoē).
[191 (akoúō) is the root of the English term, "acoustics."]

1828 Webster Dictionary http://webstersdictionary1828.com/Dictionary/when
WHEN, adverb [G., Latin ]
1. At the time. We were present when General LaFayette embarked at Havre for New York.
2. At what time, interrogatively.
WHEN shall these things be? Matthew 24:3.
3. Which time.
I was adopted heir by his consent; since when his oath is broke.
4. After the time that. when the act is passed, the public will be satisfied.
5. At what time.
Kings may take their advantage, when and how they list.
WHEN as, at the time when; what time.
WHEN as sacred light began to dawn.

As to the NAS translators reportedly, we got an overwhelmingly in the past tense being the word as “heard” 216 x, listened as 1x, reached 1x, reported as 1x vs. 14x as listening and 24x as hearing. This is very important since we can know whether the used of the word “after” or “when” is to be used in the passage under discussion. Not to the surprised, the NAS translators have its translation as “after” and not “when”.

Now, accordingly, Mr. Webster define the word “when” in No. 4 which has still the meaning of “after the time that”. So whether you like it or not it can be said that the word “when” is still true to the KJV, but IF it’s your choice to do so or you take the definition of No. 1 to simply mean “at the time”, however, the context, is not telling you that. Even, The Shorter Oxford Dictionary Volume 2 p. 2,534 stated that the word ‘When’ as a simple relative means “At which time, In or at which;…and then, sometimes implying suddenness; and just then, and at that moment.” So, using the word “when” is simply a translation error for it will cause a wrong interpretation to be “at that moment”. No, it is not ‘at that moment, at the time, while the gospel is being preached, that we are saved or regenerated but after we have heard the word of God, the gospel unto salvation just after we believed.

Well, in order to the understand and believe in someone’s story, one needs to hear the entire story and not just to hear half of the story. Half truth is not a truth at all and what I am inferring is that, your source of information does not totally say the truth, the KJV does.

Actually, you have just not proved the scripture wrong, it is your source that is wrong and the viewpoint I am holding is in line with the scripture of truth.
The Reformed position is that regeneration occurs PRIOR to faith, and leads to the faith and repentance of the regenerated person.

A heart of stone cannot respond to God by exercising faith and repentance. Regeneration is needed prior to such a response. Again, your claim is that a man, with a stony heart, can respond in faith and repentance. In fact, some of you guys don't think any grace at all is required, but it is purely a human decision. This is known as Pelagianism.

Additionally, there is a difference between being sealed by the Holy Spirit and being regenerated. These are two distinct works of the Holy Spirit. Notice that I said distinct, not separate, as they accompany one another.

Again, we get down to the fact that you believe decisional regeneration, as do all synergists following after the lines of Wesley, Finney, and other free-willers.

The Reformed position is that God changes the nature, causing the person to respond in faith and repentance. I have outlined Scriptures in this regard. Synergists try every way they can to squeeze out of this reality, because they want their alleged autonomous free will to be the deciding factor, and they cannot handle the fact that God is sovereign, even in salvation.

Go back and read John 6, 10, Romans 8-11, and Ephesians 1-2 and come back and preach your synergistic god to me.

Also, read 1 Cor 1:26ff which says plainly that GOD CHOOSES weak, foolish people in order to make his power more clearly shown, so that NO MAN can boast.

NONE OF YOU GUYS HAVE EXEGETED THAT SET OF SCRIPTURES FOR ME IN A SYNERGISTIC MANNER, BECAUSE YOU CANNOT :D

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
Welcome to the forum.
That can be why there are conflicting verses as per policy or ideology in many of the Saint Apostle Paul's Epistles(Letters). Critical scholars have discussed this matter for quite some time. However, the issues aren't readily accepted in lay circles. Like Christian forums.

However, Paul himself said he rejects letters falsely written in his name. 2 Thessalonians chapter 2:1 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,[a] 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness[b] is revealed, the son of destruction.....

(As a new arrival perhaps you don't know this. Writing a post in all caps is the same as yelling, per forum etiquette. )
Havent watched the video yet, but could you post an example of conflicting verses in Paul's epistles? I didnt find one yet!

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015

Is this all you got my friend without any discussion of scripture? Umm, I cannot respond any further since you don't want to discuss scripture. You bring thoughts on reformed theology, I bring you the scripture of truth.:sleep:

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
For by grace you have been saved through faith and this is not your doing it is a gift of God so that no one may boast. Eph. 2:8

Timothy5378

Feb 3, 2020
Honestly who cares if you are or not

For neither is what's in the Bible

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Reformed theology is biblical, and free-willer theology is NOT. Their claim of decisional regeneration is ridiculous and boastful. They say, the unsaved man, with a heart of stone, must produce faith and repentance from it, in order to receive a heart of flesh. Scripture says otherwise...God gives the man a heart of flesh to replace his stony, hard heart, and from this heart issues forth faith and repentance. This is called regeneration, or being born again. The saved man is joined with Jesus, and he begins to bear spiritual fruit as a result. Additionally, many free-willers claim salvation can be lost, which implies that God can fail in his work of salvation. Again, this is a free-willer falsehood which is contradicted by the Scriptures below.

Their claim is boastful, and places too much faith in fallen man's stony, hard heart. God doesn't share his glory in salvation with anyone, and especially not the person themselves!

There is a strong association between dispensationalism and free-willer theology. Many dispensationalists claim that the New Covenant is not for Christians, but is only for the physical nation of Israel.

The fundamental problem with Dispensationalism is their denial of the full ramifications of the fact that the believer is a spiritual descendant of Abraham through being united with Christ through faith. Jesus shares all his inheritance as a descendant of Abraham with them, because they are united with Jesus, his one obedient offspring. The Church is spiritual Israel, as a result of this union, and they share the entire new creation with Abraham.

There are also many other behavioral issues with dispensationalists such as claiming others are spiritualizing or allegorizing Scripture (if they disagree with Dispensationalism), or labeling others as anti-Semites. It is a very divisive theology. They will deny that many of the Scriptures below actually apply to believers in their claim to "rightly divide the Word", instead claiming they only apply to Israel.

SCRIPTURES
Ezekiel 36:25-28 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. 28 You shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers, and you shall be my people, and I will be your God.

John 6:35-40 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

John 10:25-29 25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

Romans 4:13-16 13 For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith. 14 For if it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void. 15 For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression. 16 That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham

Romans 8:27-30 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

Galatians 3:16 16 Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ.

Galatians 3:26-29 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise

Ephesians 2:1-10 1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— 6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:11-19 11 Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh, called “the uncircumcision” by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands— 12 remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. 17 And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God

1 Corinthians 1:26-31 26 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 29 so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. 30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”