31 and still single/ unmarried

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Hey there everyone, I hope this doesn’t come off sounding depressing, but I’m 31 and still single and have been wondering if there’s something wrong with that?
Nothing wrong with it generally, but typically there can be something wrong with that, because its harder to find women around your age that are single and do not have kids. All my friends are married, most women i meet are either too young or too old.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Nothing wrong with it generally, but typically there can be something wrong with that, because its harder to find women around your age that are single and do not have kids. All my friends are married, most women i meet are either too young or too old.
I know, that is so true, I don't mind someone in their late 20's though, I want a large family, like 6 -12 kids.
I know the feeling.

Matthew7x3

Jul 27, 2020
Hey there everyone, I hope this doesn’t come off sounding depressing, but I’m 31 and still single and have been wondering if there’s something wrong with that? I mean I know I’m not a bad guy at all, yeah I’ve made mistakes in the past, but we all have, no one is perfect. I have a lot of friends that are younger than me and they are either married or getting married and I’m all like, “did I do something wrong to be where I’m at?” I know that God does have someone for us all and that He intends for us to be happy and be in a living and caring relationship that will lead to the ultimate union in marriage, but I often contemplate that what if some of us aren’t meant for that? I hope not because I really would love to get married someday to a beautiful and loving wife and have an awesome family, I just sometimes have my doubts if I’m meant for that. Would love to hear all your opinions and expertise on the matter! I’m honestly probably just over thinking it and should just be patient that God will give me the perfect wife in due time, on His time not mine.
Hey brother! I know it’s hard, I know that same feeling of desiring an companion, but GOD does everything for our good, HE knows your needs and desires. Keep in good faith that the LORD is in control and continue To grow in HIM, when we put HIM first, the word says all else comes 🙏🏽👍🏽 I will shoot a prayer your way that GOD brings you a beautiful wife Whom is just right for you!

OllieYakob

Aug 9, 2020
You’re not alone! I feel the same way, but I’m reminded of God’s overwhelming love for me. Stay blessed and encouraged!

OllieYakob

Aug 9, 2020
Beautifully said! I needed to hear this today.

I think one of the biggest things I’ve gotten from posting this thread and reading all the responses is that yeah, I’m obviously not alone, but also that it’s “not on my time, it’s in God’s time”. So many times I have tried to do things on my own and wanted things to happen when I wanted them to happen, that I’d completely forget about what God wanted from me. Whatever it is I’m to do in life, maybe there isn’t a “Mrs. Engels” involved, maybe there is. But I’m learning not to focus so much on the worldly aspects of life and learning to lean more on God abs His understanding. If there is a “Mrs. Engels” involved, then I will meet her when the time is right, and as long as I keep myself attuned to the word of God in all things, then I will also recognize her when she enters my life.
After having come to this realization, I almost took this thread down, but decided I wanted to keep it up because if this can help even just one person, then that’s good enough for me. Even though I don’t personally know you all, thank you so much for your responses and replies, I love you all dearly and I know that God has a great future for all of us, we just need to keep listening and keep following. We’ll all get there! 😊

Jul 20, 2019
also middle aged, never married, no kids. And sadly my relationships have been with much older women. I have always known the one is out there somewhere, but when I did think I found her, she turned out to be a narcissist and was merely feeding off my energy, as I am an empath. Uggh, such is life sadly

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You’re not alone! I feel the same way, but I’m reminded of God’s overwhelming love for me. Stay blessed and encouraged!
Absolutely stay blessed and encouraged. Glad to have you onboard with us. Welcome to CC.

G

GodsGirlLV

Hey there everyone, I hope this doesn’t come off sounding depressing, but I’m 31 and still single and have been wondering if there’s something wrong with that? I mean I know I’m not a bad guy at all, yeah I’ve made mistakes in the past, but we all have, no one is perfect. I have a lot of friends that are younger than me and they are either married or getting married and I’m all like, “did I do something wrong to be where I’m at?” I know that God does have someone for us all and that He intends for us to be happy and be in a living and caring relationship that will lead to the ultimate union in marriage, but I often contemplate that what if some of us aren’t meant for that? I hope not because I really would love to get married someday to a beautiful and loving wife and have an awesome family, I just sometimes have my doubts if I’m meant for that. Would love to hear all your opinions and expertise on the matter! I’m honestly probably just over thinking it and should just be patient that God will give me the perfect wife in due time, on His time not mine.
Please don't feel like you have done anything wrong. I felt like that at age 25. I thought that I was the last single person on Earth and that I would never find a husband. Those feelings lead to desperation, and I ended up marrying the wrong person - A person who didn't value marriage, wasn't faithful, and ended up cheating on me and leaving me. It is difficult to be lonely, but it is far more difficult to be in a toxic relationship or marriage. If God is having you wait, wait patiently. Know that He hears you, he sees your heart. He knows what you want, and He is going to deliver the right relationship at the right time. I hope this helps!

Aug 9, 2020
I think we all know this in theory, but our mind tricks us. As for me, I’m content with waiting. I often tell myself that God is preparing me for the right person and vice versa. Thank you for your testimony. I pray that you have healed from the pain you experienced in the past. Blessings to you.

Please don't feel like you have done anything wrong. I felt like that at age 25. I thought that I was the last single person on Earth and that I would never find a husband. Those feelings lead to desperation, and I ended up marrying the wrong person - A person who didn't value marriage, wasn't faithful, and ended up cheating on me and leaving me. It is difficult to be lonely, but it is far more difficult to be in a toxic relationship or marriage. If God is having you wait, wait patiently. Know that He hears you, he sees your heart. He knows what you want, and He is going to deliver the right relationship at the right time. I hope this helps!

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I think we all know this in theory, but our mind tricks us. As for me, I’m content with waiting. I often tell myself that God is preparing me for the right person and vice versa. Thank you for your testimony. I pray that you have healed from the pain you experienced in the past. Blessings to you.
Pretty sure you're not gonna have to wait too long Ollie. ;)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Your marriage sounds like my first marriage years ago. I concur with your counsel.