5 Questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

ok, with Gracie's blessing, i am posting 5 new questions for y'all:

1. what's the most odd or dreadful item of clothing in your closet? why?

2. describe the way you prefer your steak, along with your ideal accompaniments and condiments (if any).

how many keys are on your keychain? what do they open?

4. how would you describe the "perfect breakfast"?

5. slippers, socks, bare feet? what will i find on your feet if you're relaxing at home?

1. I presume you mean 'wardrobe'? I don't have any odd clothing. I wear very normal clothes. Some part of me has to be normal. :p

2. Medium-well done steak with garlic slices and soy sauce. I also enjoy steak with BBQ sauce or tomato sauce. Either way, with lots of caramelized onions.

3. Two keys. I have one key for my car and one for the house.

4. The perfect breakfast isn't a regular one because it's not particularly healthy. I've only had it maybe a couple of times in my life so far. Bacon, fried eggs, sausages, cooked tomato with herbs and spices, lots of caramelized onion, banana slices sprinkled with shredded coconut and a glass of orange juice. Certainly beats my regular breakfast - a glass or two of water, a bowl of cereal and a slice or two of toast with spreadings.

5. Depends on the weather. If it's warm or pleasant, I'll be running around in bare-feet or thongs. If it's cooler weather, I'll be wearing socks around the house.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
1. I presume you mean 'wardrobe'? I don't have any odd clothing. I wear very normal clothes. Some part of me has to be normal. :p

2. Medium-well done steak with garlic slices and soy sauce. I also enjoy steak with BBQ sauce or tomato sauce. Either way, with lots of caramelized onions.

3. Two keys. I have one key for my car and one for the house.

4. The perfect breakfast isn't a regular one because it's not particularly healthy. I've only had it maybe a couple of times in my life so far. Bacon, fried eggs, sausages, cooked tomato with herbs and spices, lots of caramelized onion, banana slices sprinkled with shredded coconut and a glass of orange juice. Certainly beats my regular breakfast - a glass or two of water, a bowl of cereal and a slice or two of toast with spreadings.

5. Depends on the weather. If it's warm or pleasant, I'll be running around in bare-feet or thongs. If it's cooler weather, I'll be wearing socks around the house.
Bro,
errr.... don't say you wear a thong.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
1. What movie deserves a sequel? The Fifth Element

2. What one toy would you like to throw repeatedly at a brick wall? Furby

3. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got? Delux Megazord

4. Where do you not mind waitin A Chairlift

5. What is your most impressive car repair skill? Coming up with "extra parts, whenever I put something back together again.

1. what's the most odd or dreadful item of clothing in your closet? why? Carl's Jr Uniform.

2. describe the way you prefer your steak, along with your ideal accompaniments and condiments (if any). Crispy on the outside and pink in the middle

how many keys are on your keychain? what do they open3 Car, House, Work.

Denny's at 3am

5. slippers, socks, bare feet? what will i find on your feet if you're relaxing at home?
Flippers

Sep 6, 2013

One of those flowy floor-length strapless sundresses. It was given to me. I can't imagine ever wearing it.

2. describe the way you prefer your steak, along with your ideal accompaniments and condiments (if any).

Oooh, steak! Medium-well with grilled onions and sauteed mushrooms.
And A-1 sauce - yeah I went there!!

1. House
2. Car
3. Van
4. Church

Waffle House hashbrowns, bacon, scrambled eggs and toast. Or IHOP sampler!

Bare feet in summer. Socks in winter.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
docmartens1.jpg
it's a toss-up, but only because i recently cleaned out my closet. ; ) one item is my old "stay weird" t shirt (the letters are "mirror printed" so i keep it just to watch the perplexed faces of people trying to read the words.

this is one of my favorite old pairs of docs from the early 90s that i can't get rid of, but i haven't worn in quite awhile.

nicely-seared medium rare, with a mashed potatoes and roasted green beans. no steak sauce please *blech*

3. how many keys are on your keychain? what do they open?

four, truck - house - church - truck lockbox

poached eggs (over easy), crispy bacon, hashed browns, and thick whole grain toast (or biscuit) with homemade strawberry-rhubarb jam.

bare feet usually. when it's really cold i will bust out the knee/boot socks.

Last edited:
T

Tintin

Bother! I forgot sauteed mushrooms in my perfect breakfast. Thanks, Grace. :)

W

ww_21

I hope to find five interesting questions every week for us to answer and discuss. Launching now.

1. What movie deserves a sequel?

A little princess.

2. What one toy would you like to throw repeatedly at a brick wall?

None that I can think of.

3. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?

A normal childhood.

4. Where do you not mind waiting?

Anywhere with internet access :p

5. What is your most impressive car repair skill?

...?? *jumps in car* VROOM VROOM.

M

MidniteWelder

1. An orange and pink horizontally striped shirt with white poppin' collar.

When my cop buddy and I were roommates and he was going through the academy 18 or so years ago his mom would bring over some charitable things once in awhile since we were tight on money. One day she brought over a box with some clothes. Him and I thought "oh cool! " as we started pulling out some nice shirts etc, until we both pulled this one shirt out...and stopped and looked at each other
(we both knew what the other was thinking "Ummm Who's gonna be the one to wear this shirt" :rolleyes:)
But we didn't say anything so as to not offend his mom. (She can be kind of a bulldog being a correctional officer and all and would have just gave us a ration of crap such as
"this didn't cost you anything and you're gonna complain!?!? :mad:"))
So after she left we both were just giving that shirt a bad time saying things like
"that thing is 70's straight out of the brady bunch...who makes a shirt like that?"
Sooooo anyway we each tried it on to see who it fit and decide who would wear it next time his mom came over.
It quickly got hung in the closet...way in the back.
Until one day He decides we should go to the grand national rodeo...in San Francisco.
I said nut uh, you go ahead, I was a generator tech once and had to go down to S.F. for Channel 4 and I swore I would never go again. The traffic, the crowds, the gay people whistlin at ya...bleh.
But...He convinced me since he never drove that area and it would help if I was there in case he got lost on the abundance of freeway exits.
---Ok fine I'll go but...
"But what" he asks?
---Nuthin never mind
Fine never mind he says
So I went and got dressed and guess what shirt I was wearing.
(this tie would have went well with it)

Yeah I decided that would be his payback for dragging me down to a place I swore I would never go again.
As I walked out into the living room and said Ok lets go.
His mouth dropped...as he said...Oh nooooo way you're not wearing THAT SHIRT around me....
especially down in San Francisco!!!!
I looked at the clock and said...Hmmm we're gonna be late...Are we goin or not.
He gritted his teeth as he stomped out the door.
So we're walking around the stadium and he's acting all nervous looking over his shoulder and stuff as I ask him whats bothering him.
He says dude, look in the bleachers everybody's staring, I'm all dressed up and I feel like I'm walking around with Bozo the clown.
I said, "eh maybe its just my hank hat, its a little out of vintage, but I can still make it work."
He said "NO ITS YOUR STUPID SHIRT!"
So we're sittin in the bleachers and he says, No seriously look over your shoulder and see how many people are looking.
I casually turned around and ......he was right....about 80 people were lookin our direction instead of watching the rodeo.
I decided to give him a break and said "Im gonna go get somethin to eat, be back in a few"
He said yeah good and when you come back go sit way over........
-------------------------> THERE!
I said "whats matter you dont want no fries or nuthing?"
So I'm standing in line at the concession stand and the guy in front of me does a casual survey, the kind you do when your'e waiting in line for awhile and I see him do kind of a double take as his eyes pass my direction then turn away real quick and look back straight ahead.
I decide to look to the side and let him get a gander without that uncomfortable feeling one gets when you know you wanna stare because you cant believe what you're seeing but dont wanna get busted staring.
so I catch him keep acting like he's looking around but actually staring at my shirt and I turn to him and look him in the eye and he looks up real quick kind of startled.
He was speechless for a few seconds as I saw him struggle for words...then he said
"uh... nice hat"
---I casually said.."thanks...its a Resistol."
He said, "Yeah....dont see many of those"
---"Yep, not too often"
I finally laugh because I couldn't keep a serious serious face any longer and tell him
,,,,"I know you were staring at my shirt"
He said,"oh...well yeah, where did you get that thing?"
I said,"well you know that saying that goes... real men wear Pink?"
He says"yeah?
I said..."well today I'm here to prove 'em wrong ....and as a joke to get my buddy back."
He started crackin up relieved saying "wow, thank goodness, I would have never thought someone would wear a shirt like that."
I said Yeah, "watch what happens when I walk back in the stadium, my buddy will be the one like an FBI agent looking the other way as if he doesn't know me."
So in a way you could say I've been there done that and got the shirt to prove it.

2. T-bone medium rare the outside perfectly caramelized over a wood fire...with grilled red onions and mushrooms.
Mmmmm leave the fat on too.

3. I dunno 10 or 12...the shop key, the gate key, the other gate key, the gun lock key, the house key, the mailbox key, the caterpillar key, the handcuff key, and the office key, oh and the truck key, and the door to the truck key because the other door doesn't take the ignition key like the one door.

4. Hashbrowns made with 5 potatoes (yes I said 5)... cooked in butter ...not oil, sauted with red onions, garlic, grated cheese with gravy on top. I don't care if it's brown gravy, chicken gravy or country gravy with those nice little browned italian sausage bits in it, but just gravy so its like mashed potatoes and gravy...but better.
Takes about a half hour.....Oh Never mind I'll make it myself.

5. in my socks because I have wood floors and don't wanna be puttin' my feet prints all over it. (if fingerprints are acidic and can be present on a surface for a long time as well as wear surfaces down like the paint off your stick shifter,
imagine what feet prints would do after years.)

Last edited:

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
Awesome story, Midnite. Absolutely hilarious. You would be a riot to hang out with... 'cept that you and I would probably get in trouble and get kicked out of places. LOL

T

Tintin

Midnite, I thought you were a rather serious man but that story was glorious! You're quite the funny man. Well done!

N

NannyJen

! No movie .....they are never as good ascan change the oil, the first one so why even try? With a few exceptions. 2.Barney. 3. Money 4. In a line at the ballpark for some expensive food.5. I can change the oil, change a tire, check the fluids.bleed the brakes...at least I used to.

W

Wandering_Here

I have a men's yellow Volcom t-shirt with a picture of a robot shooting flames and firing rockets from it's fingertips as lava flows from a mountain behind it. It has a bunch of writing on it which is in a language I can't read. I'm assuming it's Japanese, as the shirt was bought in Japan and brought to the US for me as a Christmas gift from my sister. It is odd, not dreadful. I wear it all the time :D

Medium, cooked over an open flame, topped with herb butter.

5 - Car, house, garage, ex's house... That leaves one mystery key. Hmm. I'm gonna have to try and remember what it opens...

Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream on top, Bacon, Homemade biscuits and gravy, and Chocolate milk. Mmmmmm!

Socks. My feet are always getting cold, so I almost never take my socks off.

Mar 31, 2014

"dressy clothing " is my dreadful item haha

Medium steak, sometimes medium-rare , with fries & pepper sauce

three keys, car & house keys

in bed :p

bare feet or socks

Nov 2, 2009
odd - a blue dress brought from the second hand shop for a dress up party - it is just not a style i would usually wear... but it was perfect for the occasion :)

Medium - well done, mushroom sauce, and veg - broccoli, corn etc.

two - house and car

more like a brunch (late in the day), somewhere peaceful and pretty, with someone to have good conversation with. Somewhere that makes a good cup of hot tea :)

usually bare feet unless it's cold - then maybe socks or shoes

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

1) A hunter green bridesmaids dress

2)Well done with A1 sauce

3)2 keys, my house key and my parents house key. Then the thing that locks and unlocks my car.

4)Pancakes with a tremendous amount of syrup

5)Never socks.........ever ever never

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013

My hippie shirt. It's a mustard color with brown and white, with some printed pattern of large brown ugly things and some squiggly things as well. I would have to take a picture to explain it properly. It's the ugliest shirt ever! Sometimes I wear it for Halloween and go as a Californian....I mean hippie. I don John Lennon glasses, a long wig, headband, the hippie shirt, bell bottoms, and sandals. By October, any color I have from the sun is long gone, and I make for a very ugly hippie.
Medium rare steak, sauteed mushrooms, baked potato with all the fixin's, a siimple salad.
Seven. a house key, car, two that open different rooms at church, a studio key, a key for my cabinet at the studio, and extra cabinet key that I will probably just stick in the cabinet next time I am there, and a mystery key.
My perfect spicy breakfast: scrambled eggs with sausage, onions and pepper all stuffed in a tortilla with pepper jack cheese, sliced avocado on the side, black french roast coffee.
My perfect non spicy breakfast: eggs benedict with sliced melon, black french roast coffee.

Why are you at my home? stalker.

Last edited:
B

BananaPie

Definitely white socks.

Last edited:
B

BananaPie

LOL. This is too funny! When I first read the OP's new questions, I immediately thought "I bet Akrick, Danschance, & CatHerder have a hippie shirt & some LP vinyls tucked in their closets..." :p

Last edited:
O

oldernotwiser

either my Chinese army overcoat or the Hawaiian sport shirt from the 60s that i got at goodwill
the last time i was back in the states
medium rare with a baked potato

three, outside door,, inside door, and my bicycle

french toast with real maple syrup

slippers or socks. i'm in china and shoes aren't worn in the house

W

wwjd_kilden

Sequel: Yes! Serinity (or Firefly)... How COULD they stop making those?!
Toy: Agree on the "any noise toy",,, aaargh! And also the kind of "simple" games where you can't pass level one :p
Wanted toy: Hmm, I can't remember wanting anything very badly
Waiting: Outdoors on a warm day, or in a library

Clothing: I have several socks that sorely need to be thrown away
Steak : Almost entirely through- cooked (but not dry of course). I like rice and, for some reason , red onion
Keys: Currently one: it opens my apartment door. I also have a key for the cabinet at work, but on a different chain

Perfect breakfast:

Sitting on a field of grass (or a beach), in the sun, making coffee on a portable stove and slicing bread with a knife and applying spreading with whatever tool is nearby. Fresh bread with Brussels pate or homemade jam is a favorite.

Socks at home, mostly because I feel cold otherwise.