5 Signs Your Church is Going Progressive

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Put it where it is fitting…...this is Christian Chat...….Forum.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Whatever you believe is pure, true and just in the sight of our Father.

MadHermit

May 8, 2018
I miss the old-time preaching. Here is an sermon excerpt I only heard orally, but can now recite verbatim:
"I like my religion the way I like my tea--hot! 'Cause I'd rather be a fool on fire than a scholar on ice! 'Cause it's easier to cool a hot coal than to warm up a corpse. As for them pastors who believe in evil-ution, you can believe you're a product of a baboon convention if you want to, but I'd rather know the Rock of Ages than the ages of the rocks. Honestly brethren, when I drive by them liberal churches, I take my hat off out of respect for the dead!"

Feb 14, 2019
I think it has been ongoing since 1901 into the 2000's. Things within a Nation can be initiated through public behavior change agendas set forth through foreign to those peoples Nation State unelected global planners. That which is for the secular and worldly exchanges from everything including industry, money ,to entertainment and to the Church.
It is the non-separation of Church and State without any ones vote or removal of that law and order that stands in my Nation as Constitutional law, if at first all is not changed through entertainment and secular intrusion then it will by outside intrusion carry it away by, that which is unelected and foreign to those it takes that away from.
Simply because a Global entity wants a Global world where all are compressed unto one Global Authority that none can elect or reject.
If all were on guard there would not have been an in flooding of the secular demands inside their house of worship.
We may see the changes and draw back from them and that would be wise to do so, better to go outside such a camp as that.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I think it has been ongoing since 1901 into the 2000's.
Even back in the Enlightenment (a euphemistic term implying the Church was in the dark ages and man's reason will free man from the ecclesiastical fetters of Scripture) we saw the trend.
Since then there has been a war against the Scriptures catapulted by the likes of Darwin, Freud, Hume and Locke following in the wake of Protagoras. (Man is the measure of all things).
In the early 20th century we saw the blossoming of theological liberalism which is simply the roots of modern day progressives. They all have one thing in common besides being satanically inspired and that is they all downplay God's Word in preference to their own word.

Feb 14, 2019
Even back in the Enlightenment (a euphemistic term implying the Church was in the dark ages and man's reason will free man from the ecclesiastical fetters of Scripture) we saw the trend.
Since then there has been a war against the Scriptures catapulted by the likes of Darwin, Freud, Hume and Locke following in the wake of Protagoras. (Man is the measure of all things).
In the early 20th century we saw the blossoming of theological liberalism which is simply the roots of modern day progressives. They all have one thing in common besides being satanically inspired and that is they all downplay God's Word in preference to their own word.
You are so very correct.