50 Reasons For a Pretribulational Rapture By Dr. John F. Walvoord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
I am Sick and Tired of being accused of being accused of being a John N. DARBY supoorter. I have Never read a single artical that he had written. I do not agree with TWO of his 5 point theory. I am totally disqualified to be a Calvinist, and totally disqualified to be a Armenian, TOO. So what do you call me ? ? ? How about an ordinary Christian ? ? ? A
nd not part of either of those Prideful Groups. Besides, we evangelicals BURIED "the Calvinist and Armenian ARGUMENT", back in the 80's and someone like you keeps trying to dig that smell corpse up.

><> ><> ><>

I Got news for you, HE comes in the clouds to have the Archangel CALL US OUT as a MAN coming to seek HIS BRIDE.

THEN HE COMES AS KING OF KINGs TO SET Foot on the EARTH at the MOUNT OF OLIVES. It says SO.

Zechariah 14:4-5 (HCSB)
4 On that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east. The Mount of Olives will be split in half from east to west, forming a huge valley, so that half the mountain will move to the north and half to the south.
5 You will flee by My mountain valley, for the valley of the mountains will extend to Azal. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come and all the holy ones with Him.

WHY ? ? ? To Save THE 144,000 FROM ANIALATION, giving them an escape route.

One event happens in the Blink of an EYE. = the RAPTURE

And another event happens so slowly, that all the World's Armies have time to gather at the Valley of Megiddo. = The Second COMING.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 (HCSB)
51 Listen! I am telling you a mystery: We will not all fall asleep, but we will all be changed,
52 in a moment, in the blink of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed.
53 For this corruptible must be clothed with incorruptibility, and this mortal must be clothed with immortality.

REMEMBER, Son of Man, is the BRIDEGROOM coming near to snatch HIS bride away.

Matthew 24:27 (HCSB)
27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Second Coming, Happens so slowly, all the world's armies have time to gather in the Valley of Megiddo.

Revelation 19:14-21 (NCV)
14 The armies of heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, were following him on white horses.
15 Out of the rider’s mouth comes a sharp sword that he will use to defeat the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will crush out the wine in the winepress of the terrible anger of God the Almighty.
16 On his robe and on his upper leg was written this name: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he called with a loud voice to all the birds flying in the sky: “Come and gather together for the great feast of God
18 so that you can eat the bodies of kings, generals, mighty people, horses and their riders, and the bodies of all people—free, slave, small, and great.“
19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth. Their armies were gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army.
20 But the beast was captured and with him the false prophet who did the miracles for the beast. The false prophet had used these miracles to trick those who had the mark of the beast and worshiped his idol. The false prophet and the beast were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.
21 And their armies were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds ate the bodies until they were full.

I realize, MANY you want to REJECT that CALLING OUT OF THE BRIDE OF CHRIST TO GO TO THE MARRIAGE OF THE LAMB.

Perhaps, coming to HIM Mourning your SIN, and complete surrender TO HIM is the PROBLEM.

BUT I ALREADY HAVE MY INVITE TO THE WEDDING, IN MY HEART, and I WILL BE THERE.

READ THIS VERSE BEFORE YOU GO!

Matthew 25:13 (NCV)
13 So always be ready, because you don’t know the day or the hour the Son of Man will come.
Darby has set up shop in their minds.
They are obsessed with darby.

Pretribs never even heard of him

Postribs obsess over many dead men.

Their mind has become a graveyard lol

Jul 23, 2018
Good morning,

Falling away comes first, then the anti-Christ, then the return of Christ and our gathering to Him. It's all right there in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3. Matthew 24:29-31 says Jesus returns immediately after the tribulation to gather His elect.
now you omit " revealed"

You used to say the ac was revealed.

And yes he is revealed TO THE CHURCH pretrib.

All us presidents were revealed WAY BEFORE they took power.

It is comical how you change most everything around.

Jan 31, 2021
Does Jesus Christ Return In Fire, 100% YES, And Its Not A Boy Scout Camp Out
The word "fire" is used of judgment throughout Scripture. So yes, it's not a boy scout camp out. When He returns at the Second Advent, and sets up His Millennial rule, He will be JUDGING THE NATIONS. That's what's meant.

Just As Divine Watermark denies your presented truth in 2 Thessalonians 2:3, you do the same with the Lords fire at the (Second Coming) presented below
No, I UNDERSTAND how the Bible uses "fire", that's all.

The scriptures below are very clear, and you deny this truth to maintain a Millennium on this earth, that will never take place.
You deny the truth of Rev 20. It's very clear.

Jesus Christ Returns The Second Time As Righteous Judge!
That's what I said!! Fire is judgment.

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement
That's what I said!! fire IS judgment.

Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation.
No, not "immediately" after the tribulation. But you deny the truth of Rev 20, so I can't help you any further.

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ!
Yes, that will certainly occur, but Not at the return of Christ. Again, you simply deny the truth of Rev 20.

(Behold, I Make All Things New)
Yes He will. But not on your warped time schedule.

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved
, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
Apparently you think Peter was disagreeing with the apostle John regarding Rev 20.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
And all this is AFTER Rev 20, which is about a 1,000 year rule by Christ on earth.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
This is the Second Advent.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Why in the world would you quote ANYTHING from Rev 20 since you reject the bulk of it??

Jul 23, 2018
Good morning,

Falling away comes first, then the anti-Christ, then the return of Christ and our gathering to Him. It's all right there in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3. Matthew 24:29-31 says Jesus returns immediately after the tribulation to gather His elect.
Wasn't that you that said the falling away happened when the poor little pretribs got all weirded out when we realized the bible rapture Jesus declared was a hoax?

Now you say the falling away happens before the gt????

Didn't darby believe that???

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
The "day" is real. The context is clear about that.
You seem to be ASSUMING that this "day" (you're speaking of) is WHAT the false conveyors were "[purporting / alleging]... IS HERE / IS PRESENT"

--yes, they said [purported] "IS HERE / IS PRESENT"... but they were NOT talking about "His Second Coming to the earth point-in-time [/His Second Advent]" and everything connected with that.
I really can't help your extremely poor reading of Scripture. But the words are clear enough.

When Paul mentions "day of the Lord" in v.1 and then says "that day will not occur until..." he's referring to the REAL event known as the Second Advent, when He returns to END the Tribulation and set up His Millennial kingdom, which you reject.

Jul 23, 2018
God's Wrath!

Revelation 16:19-20KJV
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
It says power was given the ac to destroy believers. He kills millions of them.

What do you wrath / trib adherents do with that?

Nations were used against israel as punishment. Millions of Gods people destroyed.
Gods wrath.

Jan 31, 2021
Okay, then where is the rule that says He cannot come "to the meeting [noun] of the Lord IN THE AIR" (when NO ONE ELSE is IN HIS "PRESENCE" except "US / the Church WHICH IS HIS BODY"... v.1) at a distinct time from when "the MANIFESTATION OF His coming/presence/parousia" happens (per v.8b... when ALL who are on the earth will INDEED SEE HIM...
I don't even know what you are asking. There is no "rule". That's just a real silly question. And no one has said that "He cannot come" anywhere. Where are you getting your strange ideas?

When Jesus comes, He comes with all the dead saints from Adam on, and meeting the living saints IN THE CLOUDS, where He resurrects the bodies of the dead saints and changes the bodies of the living saints.

[... therefore, I remain UNCONVINCED of your viewpoint.
Since you openly deny the clear truth of Scripture, it doesn't matter what you remain unconvinced of.

Jan 31, 2021
The post-trib crowd says that there is not one single verse indicating the fact of the Rapture.
OK, let's be a bit more clear (and honest) here. There is NOT any verse that says that Jesus takes resurrected and raptured believers back up to heaven.

If there is, quit stalling, and quote the verse, for crying out loud.

There is no doubt that this is a false claim on their part.
Then quit stalling and provide such evidence.

For here it is for everyone to behold....

Rev 3:10
“Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial (peirasmos) which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

Since this statement is so crisp, distinct and nonarbitrary, furthermore as it being made by made by Jesus Christ Himself, we thereby do instantaneously elevate this to the status of boilerplate doctrine.
Doesn't matter what YOU "elevate to status of boilerplate doctrine", it's STILL a false doctrine.

btw, there is nothing in that verse (or any other) that says that Jesus takes resurrected/raptured believers back up to heaven.

iow, there are NO verses that teach a HUGE U-turn by Jesus.

But to your so-called proof text, apparently you have forgotten, or never learned about Israel in Egypt. When God poured out His wrath and judgment upon Egypt, where the Jews were living, they were spared all of God's judgment on Egypt.

But I have to guess that your view of God is that He isn't capable of protecting His own people while pouring out His wrath on the whole earth. Just too big a job for Him, huh. That's a pretty pitiful view of God, imo.

Jan 31, 2021
Well aren't you the one insisting that "rapture TO HEAVEN" is stated succinctly IN ONE VERSE...
I don't "insist" on anything. I DO ask for any verse that clearly states that Jesus takes resurrected and raptured believers back up to heaven.

All you pre-tribbers have is a construct, built upon the flimsy conflation of cobbled together verses, none of which say what you believe.

(ponder what I put in my last post [#793], and perhaps you'll see why it's not worded in the Bible in such a "spelled out way that FrGr2 is requiring!" ;) [RARE is the "prophecy" that ever IS!! (/ WAS!!)])
Nonsense. This is just an admission that you know you don't have any such verse.

Yet, you repeatedly quote from 1 Thess 4:13-17 as a pre-trib verse. So why did Paul seemingly forget to include the U-turn?

And, while we're at it, why did any author seemingly forget to mention the big U-turn in ANY of the so-called pre-trib rapture verses?

There sure are a lot of verses that could have and should have mentioned it, if that is to happen.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
I thought all believers knew. When Jesus died, He didn't go to heaven. He went to Hades and preached to the spirits in prison.
Sorry... just now seeing this post ^ .

If you're speaking of 1 Peter 3, I disagree. Here's why (read carefully):

[reposting what I put in old posts]

[quoting Gaebelein on 1 Peter 3]

"The chief question is: Did our Lord go to Hades in a disembodied state? In fact, all depends on the question of what is the true meaning of the sentence, “quickened by the Spirit.” Now, according to the interpretations of the men who teach that the Lord visited Hades, the spirits in prison, during the interval between His death and the morning of the third day, He descended into these regions while His dead body was still in the grave. Therefore, these teachers claim that His human spirit was quickened, which necessitates that the spirit which the dying Christ commended into the Father’s hands had also died. This is not only incorrect doctrine, but it is an unsound and evil doctrine. Was the holy humanity of our Lord, body, soul and spirit dead? A thousands times No! Only His body died; that is the only part of Him which could die. The text makes this clear: “He was put to death in flesh,” that is, His body. There could be no quickening of His spirit, for His spirit was alive. Furthermore, the word quickening, as we learn from Ephesians 1:20 and Ephesians 2:5-6, by comparing the two passages, applies to His physical resurrection, it is the quickening of His body. To teach that the Lord Jesus was made alive before His resurrection is unscriptural. The “quickened by the Spirit” means the raising up of His body. His human spirit needed no quickening; it was His body and only His body. And the Spirit who did the quickening is not His own spirit, that is, His human spirit, but the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:11 speaks of the Spirit as raising Jesus from among the dead.

"We have shown that it was an impossibility that Christ was in any way quickened while His body was not yet raised, hence a visit to Hades is positively excluded between His death and resurrection. There is only another alternative. If it is true that He descended into these regions, then it must have been after His resurrection. But that is equally untenable. The so-called “Apostle’s Creed” puts the descent between His death and resurrection and all the other theorists follow this view. We have shown what the passage does not mean. It cannot mean a visit of the disembodied Christ to Hades, for it speaks of the quickening by the Spirit, and that means His physical resurrection.

"What, then, does the passage mean? It is very simple after all. He preached by the Spirit, or in the Spirit, that is, the same Spirit who raised Him from among the dead, the Holy Spirit of life and power, to the spirits who are now in prison. But when the preaching occurred they were not in prison. And who were they? All the wicked dead for 4,000 years? The text makes it clear that they are a special class of people. They were living in the days of Noah. It is incomprehensible how some of these teachers, misinterpreting this passage, can teach that it includes all the lost, or angels which fell, or the righteous dead. The Spirit of God preached to them, that is, the Spirit who quickened the body of Christ, the same Spirit preached to the generation of unbelievers in the days of Noah. The time of the preaching, then, did not occur between the death and resurrection of Christ, but it took place in Noah’s day. Christ was not personally, or corporeally present, just as He is not present in person in this age when the gospel is preached; His Spirit is here.

"So was He present by His Spirit in the days of Noah. It is written: “My Spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years” (Genesis 6:3). His Spirit was then on the earth. In long-suffering God was waiting for one hundred and twenty years while the ark was preparing. His Spirit preached then. But He needed an instrument. The instrument was Noah; in him was the Spirit of Christ and as the preacher of righteousness (2Peter 2:5) he delivered the warning message of an impending judgment to those about him, who did not heed the message, passed on in disobedience, were swept away by the deluge and are now the spirits in prison. As the Spirit of Christ was in the prophets (1Peter 1:11) testifying beforehand of the suffering of Christ and the glory that should follow, so the Spirit of Christ preached through Noah. This is the meaning of this passage, and any other is faulty and unscriptural."

-- https://biblehub.com/commentaries/gaebelein/1_peter/3.htm

[end quoting old post; bold and underline mine]
Since you have rejected the clear truth of Rev 20, there is no point in explaining any Scripture to you. Your mind has been made up and you don't want the facts.

Mar 4, 2020
now you omit " revealed"

You used to say the ac was revealed.

And yes he is revealed TO THE CHURCH pretrib.

All us presidents were revealed WAY BEFORE they took power.

It is comical how you change most everything around.
The church raptures after the great tribulation. Sorry, I know you don't like that, but that's what the Bible says.

After the falling away of the church and man of sin revealed the day of Christ and our gathering to Him will come.

By the time the the anti-Christ is revealed he will already be proclaiming himself to be God. The mark of the beast will already be in effect. The great tribulation will already be happening before the rapture happens.

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Mar 4, 2020
Wasn't that you that said the falling away happened when the poor little pretribs got all weirded out when we realized the bible rapture Jesus declared was a hoax?

Now you say the falling away happens before the gt????

Didn't darby believe that???
If you doubt what the Bible says then that's on you.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
OK, let's be a bit more clear (and honest) here. There is NOT any verse that says that Jesus takes resurrected and raptured believers back up to heaven.

If there is, quit stalling, and quote the verse, for crying out loud.

Then quit stalling and provide such evidence.

Doesn't matter what YOU "elevate to status of boilerplate doctrine", it's STILL a false doctrine.

btw, there is nothing in that verse (or any other) that says that Jesus takes resurrected/raptured believers back up to heaven.

iow, there are NO verses that teach a HUGE U-turn by Jesus.

But to your so-called proof text, apparently you have forgotten, or never learned about Israel in Egypt. When God poured out His wrath and judgment upon Egypt, where the Jews were living, they were spared all of God's judgment on Egypt.

But I have to guess that your view of God is that He isn't capable of protecting His own people while pouring out His wrath on the whole earth. Just too big a job for Him, huh. That's a pretty pitiful view of God, imo.
It's easy to understand once you learn pretrib language:

Apostasy means leaving the planet

Glory means invisible

Revealing means vanishing

Appearance means concealed

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
Have you read verses 13-14?
Rev. 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Please take note that at this time in John's narrative, he has not yet started the 70th week, and especially has not arrived at the days of Great tribulation Jesus spoke of, that would come after the abomination. Notice that the beheaded (from the days of GT) only begin to show up in heaven in Rev. 15. Notice that God's warning not to take the mark is in chapter 14, showing us that even at that time in John's narrative the days of GT Jesus spoke of have not started. Therefore, the GT in verse 14 above is certainly not meaning the same days of GT Jesus spoke of.

Ellicott's Commentary: They are those who come, not all at once, but gradually. The saints of God are continually passing into the unseen world, and taking their place among the spirits of just men made perfect.

J.F.B. Commentary: including also retrospectively all the tribulation which the saints of all ages have had to pass through.

Gill's Commentary: "the great tribulation", out of which they came, is not to be restrained to any particular time of trouble, but includes all that has been, is, or shall be; as all the afflictions of the saints under the Old Testament; from righteous Abel to Zechariah; and all the troubles of the people of God in the times of the Maccabees, Hebrews 11:35; all the persecutions of the Christians by the Jews, at the first publication of the Gospel...

Adam Clarke Commentary: Persecutions of every kind.

Coffman Commentary: the words "they that came are translated from the present middle participle, meaning they continue to come."[52] Bruce translated this, "These are the comers.[53] This positively identifies the "coming" of these white-robed saints w dispensation. "The whole history of the church is a time of tribulation.

Charles Box Commentary: They are coming out of great tribulation. "Coming out of the great tribulation" is a continuing thing throughout the Christian age. They were washed in the blood and thus can now stand in God"s presence.

Greek Testament Critical Exegetical Commentary: I would rather understand it of the whole sum of the trials of the saints of God, viewed by the Elder as now complete, and designated by this emphatic and general name: q. d. “all that tribulation”)

Bengel Commentary : It must indicate generally the troubles of human life." What else is this great tribulation than all men's pains and labour on the earth, which God has cursed, and the collected sorrows which have been brought on the human family by the fall of Adam?

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
(y)
Hey your catching on, Matthew 24 does have the (Rapture) and it comes "Immediately After The Tribulation" :giggle:

Matthew 24:29-3+KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
It is a gathering, but it is not Paul's rapture, which will come just before wrath. This gathering comes after wrath.

Mar 4, 2020
It is a gathering, but it is not Paul's rapture, which will come just before wrath. This gathering comes after wrath.
No.

On the day of the Lord when numerous things happen: rapture, resurrection, destruction of the wicked, etc. It's the end of the world.

2 Peter 3:10
10But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Jesus describes His coming like the flood in the days of Noah. The saved will go with Christ, the wicked will perish. Your pre-tribulation rapture model doesn't leave room for anything else to happen after the return of Christ - meaning it doesn't make sense. It's Biblically inaccurate.

Matthew 24:37-39
37But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
We are waiting for this: The very conspicuous visible return of Jesus in glory, which everyone sees. His appearance.
We are not waiting for something before this.

Rom 8
19 For the creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed

Col 3
3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

2 Thess1
6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you
7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well.
This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels

Titus 2
13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ,

1 Cor 1
6 In this way, the testimony about Christ was confirmed among you,
7 so that you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ.

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
The traditional teaching of Daniel's 70 weeks being 490 years is a fabricated lie

Daniel 9:24-27, Seventy Literal Weeks Explained?

Daniel's 70 weeks are literal 7 day periods, or 490 literal days.

If Daniel meant 490 years he would have written

(Four hundred and ninety years), simple

Daniel had no restrictions in "Writing" exact numerology as seen below.

Daniel 6:1KJV
It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an hundred and twenty princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

Daniel 8:14KJV
And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Daniel 12:11KJV
And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Below in Daniel 10:2-3 we see just another example of Daniel's literal weeks, as Daniel mourned and fasted for 3 literal weeks or 21 days.

Daniel 10:2-3KJV
2 In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weekswere fulfilled.

Below in Daniel 9:24-27 we see 70 literal future weeks or 490 days.

When the call/commandment goes out in Jerusalem to build unto the Jewish Meshiach/Messiah that they wait for (They Denied Jesus Christ) this will start the 7 week period.

62 literal weeks will be in building, and Meshiach/Messiah will be cut off by the Antichrist who stops the building.

The 70th literal week will see the antichrist revealed in making a covenant, and in the middle of this literal week he proclaims to be Meshiach/Messiah God to the Jews, and Jesus returned to the apostate church, to start a Millennium on earth.

The 3.5 year tribulation has started.

Daniel 9:24-27KJV
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
According to your theory then, the 70th week will be 7 weeks not 7 years.

That would mean God was mistaken when He showed John this say final "7" would be 7 years, divided in the middle and proven by half the week being 1260 days, or 42 each 30 day months, or 3 1/2 years. Sorry, but I am going to go with John here. It is going to be a 7 year period of time. Have you ever read Sir Robert Anderson's book, the "Coming Prince?"