50 Reasons For a Pretribulational Rapture By Dr. John F. Walvoord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
I have also noticed that no one else (I have ever seen" writes down word for word what the Lord said. I am not embarrassed that Jesus spoke to me. I have written His words over and over again on different threads. That way people can judge His words.

John wrote, "And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon." I still say, John was expecting someone to be "found." Whether or not the word "search" occurs, "found" usually goes with a "search." Jesus' words to me:

"John watched a search to find one worthy to open the seals—a search that ended in failure—and that is the reason John wept much: no man was found worthy. However, if you read ahead, you find that I was found worthy to break the seals. Why then was I not found in that first search?”

You can go ahead and argue that there was no search, but Jesus called it a search and that is good enough for me. What we call it is really a side issue. What is important is WHY Jesus was not found?

True: it was on a MUCH larger scale: heaven, then earth, then under the earth.

Ha ha! Not quite! Jesus was speaking about why John wept much. John was weeping because the search HE WATCHED ended in failure. That was the very reason why he was weeping. "Much" tells us it was not for a few seconds. Anyway, it was an ANGEL leading this. (We can guess that God sent the angel. )

What you are missing: Jesus is showing John EXACTLY what He wants John to see. In other words, Jesus WANTED John to see a search that ended in failure. It is up to us to come up with Jesus intent. WHY did He want John to see a search end in failure? Then Jesus be found worthy later. WHY? We probably will not find His intent by arguing details.

I was certainly along when Jesus spoke to me. But that is not what you mean. No, I am certainly not alone in this belief or theory. There are others and the list is growing. For example, there is a book called "Red Moon Rising," by Peter Goodgame. I found he believes Revelation very much as I do. Then I found a youtube video of someone in Asia teaching Revelation and found he also was teaching the first seal is the church.

By the way, there are commentaries that agree;

Coffman Commentaries:
1. "The white horse ..." The color here is significant, for its contrasts with the colors of the other horses; and nowhere in Revelation is white used otherwise than as a symbol of purity, holiness, glory, etc. "In the book of Revelation, white is never used of anything evil."[10] The white throne upon which God sits is an example.

2. The choice of a "horse" in this symbolism means "war." It is a righteous war, for the horse was white, indicating truth and righteousness. "This war began when Jesus ascended to the right hand of the Father in heaven, and his disciples began to go everywhere at his command."[11]

3. The rider wore a crown which was "given to him," not a crown extorted through the atrocities of war, but a gift of God. A "crown" in the Scriptural sense upon the head of some profane conqueror is impossible to believe. Only Christ fits the picture.

4. The rider on this white horse went forth "conquering and to conquer," expressions used extensively elsewhere in the New Testament of Christ. "We feel sure that had you never heard another interpretation you would at once have said, `This is the Conquering Christ

He perhaps missed it in that it is the conquering CHURCH, not Christ per se. he continues:

Some little time has been devoted to this opening of the first seal, because the way it is interpreted will color all that follows. For example, if this crowned rider on the white horse with the bow in his hand is understood to mean Jesus Christ and his worldwide program of preaching the gospel, it is clear enough that it cannot possibly refer to some relatively short period of history, but to the entire dispensation reaching from the First Advent to the Second Advent. Thus we confidently interpret it. "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (Matthew 24:14).

Expository Notes: By the white horse is generally understood the gospel, so called in regard of the divinity and spotless purity of its doctrine: the rider upon this horse is Christ, who rode swiftly in the ministry of the apostles, and other faithful teachers in the first ages of Christianity; and he rode with a bow in his hand, and a crown on his head: with a bow, that is, with threatenings and terrors denounced against his enemies before they were inflicted upon them, as the bow is first held in the hand, then the arrow prepared upon the string, and at last shot forth: and with a crown, denoting that royal state of kingly dignity and honour to which Christ, the Lamb that was slain, was now exalted; and thus he rode on conquering and to conquer, until he had consummated his victories, in a glorious triumph over his enemies, namely, in the conversion of some, and destruction of others; thus the opening of the first seal gave the church a very encouraging and comfortable prospect of the victories, successes and triumphs, of Christ, notwithstanding the rage, subtlety, and power, of all his enemies: Christ rode on with a bow in his hand, and with a crown on his head, conquering and to conquer, until his arrows were sharp in the hearts of his crucifiers; and will thus ride on till the people fall under him, and all his enemies become his footstool.

Matthew Poole:
2. Hence it followeth, that many of the things prophesied are fulfilled; ...

3. I take it for granted also, that things happened in the same order as is here described; so as the things under the second seal came not to pass till those prophesied of under the first seal were, in a great measure, accomplished, &c.

Some, by this white horse, understand the gospel; others, the Roman empire.

Justin Edwards Commentary: l. There are those who suppose that the seven seals and the seven trumpets run, either wholly or in part, parallel with each other in time, each carrying the history of the church and the world down to the era of millennial glory. Such of course apply the sixth seal to the mighty revolutions, commotions, and overturnings that immediately precede the millennial reign of Christ. But it seems impossible to reconcile this view with the plain words of the apostle in chap Revelation

Adam Clarke Commentary A white horse - Supposed to represent the Gospel system, and pointing out its excellence, swiftness, and purity.

John Gill commentary
And I saw, and behold a white horse,.... Representing the ministration of the Gospel in the times of the apostles, which were just now finishing, John being the last of them, who saw this vision; and the "horse" being a swift, majestic, and warlike creature, and fearless of opposition and war, may design the swift progress of the Gospel in the world, the majesty, power, and authority with which it came, and opposition it met with, and which was bore down before it; and its "white" colour may denote the purity of Gospel truths, the peace it proclaims, the joy brings, and the triumph that attends it, on account of victories obtained by it,

and he that sat on him had a bow; with arrows; the bow is the word of the Gospel, and the arrows the doctrines of it;

and he went forth, conquering and to conquer; in the ministration of the Gospel which went forth, as did all the first ministers of it, from Jerusalem, to the several parts of the world; from the east, on which side of the throne was the first living creature, who called upon John to come and see this sight, as the standard of the tribe of Judah, which had a lion upon it, was on the east side of the camp of Israel; and out of Zion went forth the word of the Lord, which was very victorious, both among Jews and Gentiles, to the conversion of thousands of them, and to the planting of a multitude of churches among them, and to the setting up and advancing the kingdom of Christ; but inasmuch as yet all things are not made subject to him, he is represented as going forth in the Gospel, still conquering, and to conquer, what remain to be conquered:

had a bow] The doctrine of the gospel, whereby the people fall under him, Psalms 45:4.

As you can see, I am FAR from the only one that sees the first seal as the gospel going forth.

Perhaps you should spend some time reading the commentaries..
( I had to remove almost all of your post and 8 commentaries due to server rules.)
What link did you use.

Jul 23, 2018
" No one has been found to outswim Mark Phelps"

No search ever made.

It is strictly a declaration

Jul 23, 2018
Guote by lamad
"""What you are missing: Jesus is showing John EXACTLY what He wants John to see. In other words, Jesus WANTED John to see a search that ended in failure. It is up to us to come up with Jesus intent. WHY did He want John to see a search end in failure? Then Jesus be found worthy later. WHY? We probably will not find His intent by arguing details."""

The details that matter change the meaning.

What you are proposing is that Jesus was not yet a lion or a lamb and had not conquered or risen in prior to the "search". Instead you are saying while John was weeping Jesus was on the cross and a search was being made that was oblivious to Jesus being the kinsman redeemer.

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
What link did you use.
I don't understand. It seems the server only allows around 2000 or less words (Even though it says 10,000.) I know, I kept copying to Word to get a word count.

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
Guote by lamad
"""What you are missing: Jesus is showing John EXACTLY what He wants John to see. In other words, Jesus WANTED John to see a search that ended in failure. It is up to us to come up with Jesus intent. WHY did He want John to see a search end in failure? Then Jesus be found worthy later. WHY? We probably will not find His intent by arguing details."""

The details that matter change the meaning.

What you are proposing is that Jesus was not yet a lion or a lamb and had not conquered or risen in prior to the "search". Instead you are saying while John was weeping Jesus was on the cross and a search was being made that was oblivious to Jesus being the kinsman redeemer.
No, you are talking about WHO He is, which never changes. I am convinced what was written on the book as to who could open it was not about a "who" but about actions: Someone that would redeem men to God by His blood.

I am going by the word "prevail:" " the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book " What did Jesus prevail over on the cross? He died there. But after He had died, He certainly prevailed over death to rise again. Perhaps you can come up with something else that fits "He prevailed..."

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
[QUOTE="VCO,]
BIG TYPO:

No one can convince me that Abraham and Lazarus were NOT in HEAVEN, and the RICH MAN was in Hades, a place for disembodied human spirits, a place of torment.
THAT INCLUDES HAVING BEEN CONVINVED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, is WHY.[/QUOTE]
The biggest reason why NOT is simply because Jesus had not died and risen yet. NO ONE could get into heaven yet with the exception of Enoch and Elijah.[/QUOTE]

HIS DEATH WAS AS SURE AS CAN BE THE MOMENT HE PLANNED IT, as sure as if it already had happened, BEFORE TIME BEGAN.
HERE IS THE PROOF. And it also says our names were written in the Book of Life before the FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

In my opinion, your Theology reeks from worldy theology, and is not what scripture actually says.

The O.T. Assembly were saved by faith, that GOD guarantees HE would send MESSIAH to pay for their SINS.

The N.T. Assembly are saved by faith, that GOD guarantees He DID send MESSIAH to pay for our SINS.

That is the exact SAME FAITH.

lamad

Apr 14, 2021
THAT INCLUDES HAVING BEEN CONVINVED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, is WHY.
The biggest reason why NOT is simply because Jesus had not died and risen yet. NO ONE could get into heaven yet with the exception of Enoch and Elijah.[/QUOTE]

HIS DEATH WAS AS SURE AS CAN BE THE MOMENT HE PLANNED IT, as sure as if it already had happened, BEFORE TIME BEGAN.
HERE IS THE PROOF. And it also says our names were written in the Book of Life before the FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

2 Timothy 1:9 (HCSB)
9 He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began.

In my opinion, your Theology reeks from worldy theology, and is not what scripture actually says.

The O.T. Assembly were saved by faith, that GOD guarantees HE would send MESSIAH to pay for their SINS.

The N.T. Assembly are saved by faith, that GOD guarantees He DID send MESSIAH to pay for our SINS.

That is the exact SAME FAITH.[/QUOTE]
Sure its the same faith. But the truth is, Jesus had to come and fulfill what was planned. Until His blood was shed, no sins were actually remitted. They were only covered. All who died in the OT had to go DOWN to the pit. The righteous could not be rescued until Jesus rose from the dead.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
The biggest reason why NOT is simply because Jesus had not died and risen yet. NO ONE could get into heaven yet with the exception of Enoch and Elijah.

Sure its the same faith. But the truth is, Jesus had to come and fulfill what was planned. Until His blood was shed, no sins were actually remitted. They were only covered. All who died in the OT had to go DOWN to the pit. The righteous could not be rescued until Jesus rose from the dead.

You are thinking like a HUMAN, and you have got to think like GOD.

GOD says HE WILL DO SOMETHING, it is a DONE DEAL, the minute HE said HE will do it.

Are you saying YOU DO NOT HAVE FAITH THAT GOD WILL DO IT, UNTIL after HE actually DOES IT ? ? ?

That is the weakest FAITH that I have ever heard of. . Are you telling GOD . . . . PROVE IT ? ? ?

Isaiah 46:10-12 (NCV)
10 From the beginning I told you what would happen in the end. A long time ago I told you things that have not yet happened.
When I plan something, it happens. What I want to do, I will do.
11 I am calling a man from the east to carry out my plan; he will come like a hawk from a country far away.
I will make what I have said come true; I will do what I have planned.
12 Listen to me, you stubborn people, who are far from what is right.

Everything HE Said will Happen in the END-TIMES will happen, including the Rapture. HE will make it HAPPEN, because HE PLANNED IT. Anything LESS is Lack of Faith.

May 8, 2021
2 Thessalonians 2 concerns the start of the Great Tribulation which is the second half of the 7 Year Tribulation period. Construct a simple timeline and place the events thereon.

The Russian AC invades Israel and goes into tyhe rebuilt 3rd Temple and states that HE IS GOD. He is the new ruler of the world after decimating the three toes of the WEST inlcuding the US, and so no one can fight the BEAST and they yield ...take HIS MARK and the last 3.5 years start.

WE Christians, flee to Petra, behind the Lords leaders the 2 Christian Prophets.

Just ask I'll answer

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Hello Evmur :) We tend to hold on to or believe someone that matches our personal belief. 2 Thes 2:3 Day of the lord, falling way first, man of sin. "First" in this case is as in sequence verse 3. So the first thing after the day of the Lord will be the falling away and the revealing of the man of sin. Since this had not happened the thessalonians could still expect the Rapture(caught up)

Falling away, some take it as religious apostasy the abandonment of spiritual religion that gives the Antichrist the opportunity to take over. Others take it to be rebellion against truth and justice against God. Apostasia can also mean "take away" "departure".

So when it comes to 2nd Thes 2:3 we must note the fact about the word "apostasia" can also mean (your definition) It would be a error to say Apostasia only means (insert your personal belief). Also searching some early manuscripts have "man of lawlessness" not "man of sin".

So if we are to have a discussion about "Caught up" I would be in error to say it only means "take away/departure" or "fallen away" and yes some bibles did have still have "departure" not apostasia. Paul was a very wise man of God and it was not his writing but the holy Spirit that said "we which remain". Not them or they which remain but "we". For me I must take note of that simple fact.
That day shall not come except there come a falling away first and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition

who opposeth and exalts himself above all that is called god or that is worshipped so that he himself sitteth in the temple of God shewing himself that he is God ....

.... whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming KJV

I can't see how Paul could make it plainer, the only way to confuse it is by fiddling with words like apostes and making it say something other than what it does say ... which is what J.N.Darby did.

The man of sin is who he is, opposing God and all worship of God is what he does ... that is his career

He is slain at the coming of the Lord. Not revealed at the coming of the Lord but slain ... that is the end of him not the beginning.

No more mark of the beast, no more persecution, no more tribulation, the church will be raptured.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Hello Evmur,

The key to understanding 2 Thess.2:1-4, is by paying attention to the details of the context. Paul starts off with the following:

"Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to Him," which of course is speaking in regards to the Lord's appearing to gather the church. Then he says:

"not to be easily disconcerted or alarmed by any spirit or message or letter seeming to be from us, alleging that the Day of the Lord has already come."

Most people don't catch the change that Paul makes between "the coming of our Lord and our being gathered to Him" vs. "The Day of the Lord."

The coming of our Lord and our being gathered to Him = The blessed event where the church is caught up and taken to heaven

The Day of the Lord = The time period of God's wrath

So, it is "the Day of the Lord" that will not come until the apostasy occurs and that man of lawlessness is revealed.

The reason why Paul starts off with "the coming of our Lord and our being gathered to Him" is because there were false teachers proclaiming that the "Day of the Lord" had already come, i.e. the time of God's wrath. So, the Thessalonians were concerned with the teaching about the Day of the Lord, because they knew from Paul's teaching that the Lord's appearing and our being gathered to Him would take place first. So, they wrote to Paul basically saying, "Hey Paul, we have men here who are saying that the Day of the Lord has already come, so why weren't we caught up to meet the Lord in the air first as you taught us?" Because they had not been caught up, they were concerned that they were now stuck in the time of God's wrath, i.e. the day of the Lord.

Because many don't notice the change, they believe that the scripture is saying "the coming of our Lord and our being gathered to Him will not take place until the apostacy occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, but it's not saying that! What it is saying is that "the Day of the Lord, the time of God's wrath, will not take place until the apostasy occurs and that man of lawlessness is revealed."

The coming of our Lord and our being gathered to Him takes place prior to the Day of the Lord, which is initiated by the opening of the first seal. The event of the appearing of the Lord to gather the church will usher in the Day of the Lord, which again is the time of God's wrath.
Yes this was J. N. Darby's other trick which he used to make 2.Thess fit his pre- rapture doctrine, JND insisted that whenever "That day" is encountered in scripture it absolutely means the day of judgement. That is blatantly not true.

That day is the day Paul is speaking about, the coming of the Lord in the clouds. Paul didn't suddenly change subjects mid sentence and start talking about an entirely different event.

J. N. Darby's doctrine was thrown out by every British theologian so he took it to America where it took off like a rocket.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Accepting the scripture of 2 Thessalonians 2 at face value is not in the pre-tirb theology. Actually, 2 Thess. 2 debunks their theology and would require them to rethink everything they thought they knew about eschatology.

All we can do is present people with the truth and hopefully something sticks.
It is one of the plainest scriptures in the entire bible, it was written that way as Paul begged them not to be deceived or quickly shaken in mind. It also corresponds with Matt. 24 and also Daniel's famous 70th week.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Thanks for your answer: so if you are mistaken on your theory and Jesus does come first, (imminent) you will not be looking for Him. Better read that last verse of Hebrews 9 again!
He is my constant Companion now and has been for more than 40 years ... go and find some greenhorn to blow a breeze up.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
"Falling away" means a revolt, rebellion, or defection from the truth. Not a departure [of the church] in a rapture.

646. apostasia
Strong's Concordance
apostasia: defection, revolt
Original Word: ἀποστασία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: apostasia
Phonetic Spelling: (ap-os-tas-ee'-ah)
Definition: defection, revolt
Usage: defection, apostasy, revolt.
totally

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I agreed with you up until you said the restrainer is the Holy Spirit and the pre-trib rapture. Removing the Holy Spirit from Christianity creates some problems.

For one, the two witnesses in the great tribulation will perform miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit. For two, there will be saints in the great tribulation who are born again believers. Can't have the two witnesses or born again believers if the Holy Spirit is removed.

The apostasy of the church will require real Christians to abandon their faith. Fakers who are merely displaying an outward show of faith by walking the walk and talking the talk can't fall away from something they don't sincerely believe in.

This means real church members will fall away before the anti-Christ is revealed and then Jesus comes and gathers whatever remains of His church.

Whoever the restrainer is doesn't prevent the apostasy of the church, but rather prevents the advancement of the anti-Christ. The anti-Christ comes after the workings of the devil himself. So, in effect, the restrainer is someone holding the devil back.

If the restrainer is not God then there is only one "he" who is capable of restraining the devil. I theorize the restrainer could be Michael the archangel.
The angel with the flaming sword in the Garden of Eden [surely Michael] who was there to restrain the man from putting forth his hand to take from the tree of life and live forever [in sin].

This IS the mystery of iniquity the quest for eternal life [in sin]

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
2 Thessalonians 2 concerns the start of the Great Tribulation which is the second half of the 7 Year Tribulation period. Construct a simple timeline and place the events thereon.

The Russian AC invades Israel and goes into tyhe rebuilt 3rd Temple and states that HE IS GOD. He is the new ruler of the world after decimating the three toes of the WEST inlcuding the US, and so no one can fight the BEAST and they yield ...take HIS MARK and the last 3.5 years start.

Just ask I'll answer
<<<WE Christians, flee to Petra, behind the Lords leaders the 2 Christian Prophets.>>>
You've got some serious problems with your eschatology friend. I don't know if you should scrap everything and start over or fix what you've got....

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Yes this was J. N. Darby's other trick which he used to make 2.Thess fit his pre- rapture doctrine, JND insisted that whenever "That day" is encountered in scripture it absolutely means the day of judgement. That is blatantly not true.

That day is the day Paul is speaking about, the coming of the Lord in the clouds. Paul didn't suddenly change subjects mid sentence and start talking about an entirely different event.

J. N. Darby's doctrine was thrown out by every British theologian so he took it to America where it took off like a rocket.
By the way, I don't subscribe to Darby, nor have I ever read anything written by him. So, my conclusion is based on scripture. People usually try to use Darby on me to discredit my contention.

The coming of the Lord and our being gathered to Him and the Day of the Lord, are closely linked. If Paul was speaking about the gathering of the church opposed to the Day of the Lord, why would he write to the Thessalonians telling them not to become alarmed or easily unsettled? The answer is that because there were people in Thessalonica teaching that 'the Day of the Lord' (the time of God's wrath) had already come. So they were concerned that if the Day of Lord had come, that they had missed out on the gathering, which is why Paul mentions both.

If the Holy Spirit wanted to convey the "the Day of Christ" in verse then he would have used the same words that He did in the letter to the Philippians. But He didn't, He used "the Day of the Lord."

Even the following scripture supports first the Restrainer being removed and the church with Him, then the man of lawlessness will be revealed.

Believers within the church will never see the antichrist, that man of lawlessness. For the appearing of the Lord and our being gathered to Him will take place first, then that man of lawlessness will be revealed.

In addition, the first seal rider on the white horse is symbolically representing the antichrist, the opening of which initiates God's wrath. Since we are not appointed to suffer God's wrath, then we must be gathered to the Lord prior to the first seal being opened.

The scripture stands in that in the first verse Paul says "concerning the coming of our Lord and our being gathered to Him," followed by his reference to "The Day of the Lord," which are two, closely linked events.

Mar 4, 2020
By the way, I don't subscribe to Darby, nor have I ever read anything written by him. So, my conclusion is based on scripture. People usually try to use Darby on me to discredit my contention.

The coming of the Lord and our being gathered to Him and the Day of the Lord, are closely linked. If Paul was speaking about the gathering of the church opposed to the Day of the Lord, why would he write to the Thessalonians telling them not to become alarmed or easily unsettled? The answer is that because there were people in Thessalonica teaching that 'the Day of the Lord' (the time of God's wrath) had already come. So they were concerned that if the Day of Lord had come, that they had missed out on the gathering, which is why Paul mentions both.

If the Holy Spirit wanted to convey the "the Day of Christ" in verse then he would have used the same words that He did in the letter to the Philippians. But He didn't, He used "the Day of the Lord."

Even the following scripture supports first the Restrainer being removed and the church with Him, then the man of lawlessness will be revealed.

Believers within the church will never see the antichrist, that man of lawlessness. For the appearing of the Lord and our being gathered to Him will take place first, then that man of lawlessness will be revealed.

In addition, the first seal rider on the white horse is symbolically representing the antichrist, the opening of which initiates God's wrath. Since we are not appointed to suffer God's wrath, then we must be gathered to the Lord prior to the first seal being opened.

The scripture stands in that in the first verse Paul says "concerning the coming of our Lord and our being gathered to Him," followed by his reference to "The Day of the Lord," which are two, closely linked events.
1 Thessalonians 5:2
2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Who is the Lord? Jesus. Who comes like a thief in the night? Jesus.

Matthew 24:42-44
42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

The day of the Lord is the day of Christ. After Christ, our Lord, comes there's wrath. There's way too much material to post here, but there's your starter. I recommend paying close attention to what happens on the day of Christ or day of the Lord and how He comes as a thief. I hope that helps.

This occurs immediately after the great tribulation.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

Regarding the gathering first and then followed by The Day of the Lord, I would also present the following:

================================================================================================
Now about the times and seasons, brothers, we do not need to write to you. 2For you are fully aware that the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and security,” destruction will come upon them suddenly, like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4But you, brothers, are not in the darkness so that this day should overtake you like a thief. 5For you are all sons of the light and sons of the day; we do not belong to the night or to the darkness.
============================================================================================

So when they (unbelievers) are saying, "Peace and Security" sudden destruction will come upon them and they will not escape, which is referring to The Day of the Lord, the time of God's wrath. Then in verse 4 Paul says, "But you, brothers, are not in the darkness so that this day should overtake you like a thief."

The first three words "But you, Brother" would infer the opposite of not escaping. And the way that we will escape is what Paul previously outline at the end of chapter 4 which is the resurrection and the living in Christ being changed and caught up. So the Day of the Lord will not overtake us because we will be gathered by the Lord.

That we are not in Darkness so that the Day of the Lord should overtake us, means that we will be gathered before the Day of the Lord begins.