6,000 CHILDREN DIE OF HUNGER CAUSED BY LOCKDOWNS – EVERY DAY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well what do you suggest happens then. How would you contain a virus and still have everyone well fed and healthy. Churches were still running food banks in lockdown that didnt stop. They were doing grocery runs, and growing food on farms, and doing deliveries. essential workers were working in supermarkets and grocers. People were still cooking and eating.

its just restaurants werent open for business but children actually dont go to restaurants unless they are paid for by adults.
you could still obtain takeaways, so there was no reason why anyone would starve if they could do all thaf.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
nz govt paid FULL wages for workers
although the top earners were meant to take a pay cut but dont actually think they did...typical as they the ones who could afford it.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
those that had huge overheads on their businesses did go under though...but landlords were rather mean about lockdowns and people still had to pay full rents. even when they couldnt open for business, which was stupid.

However the way some people ran their business operating from debt and hand to mouth left very little margin to ride out the tough times. Some were cruel and let their workers go without any payouts.

those people needed to find emergency benefits and they were available. But if they didnt know they could get them or were eligble they missed out.

if that happens you just have a duty to speak up and say something and DO something about it. dont just say well that child was starving, boo hoo, get off your butt and ...FEED them.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
Those is no way to verify the veracity of those claims.

"The cure is worse than the disease" is a trite statement made by people who think the virus is a hoax and seems to have gained wider appeal with again no real facts to support it.

Many African countries were far more prepared than the USA ...since they had measures in place because of other epidemic/pandemics.

And not really an accurate report of the UN's full statement...

Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Qu Dongyu highlighted how the newly released 2020 Global Report on Food Crises report, clearly links conflict and rising levels of acute food insecurity.
link
I did not mention the "cure being worse than the disease." My statement was that it would be beneficial to know how many children around the world starve to death each year. Pre and post COVID 19. There is nothing "trite" about wanting that information. I also did not even come close to claiming that COVID 19 was a "hoax."

If you desire to push an agenda, do it all you wish, but please do not misrepresent what I stated to advance your agenda. Thanks.

If I misunderstood your comment, then, please disregard my comment. :)

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
I hope you're not suggesting that because lots of children already die of starvation, that there's nothing wrong with making it even worse. They're talking about the global slowdown in the economy due to lockdown emergency measures doubling the number of people dying, and starvation disprortionatel affects children.

Do you think God cares whether our response only kills American children? A child born in Africa is every bit as much an image bearer as a child born in a wealthy western nation.
I am not suggesting anything. I simply wondered what the number of deaths from starvation among children was around the world before COVID 19. Having that information allows a person to see how much COVID 19 has increased the number. As for God cares only about the deaths of American children, how you got that out of my comment is a mystery.

It seems that people have predetermined ideas concerning this subject, and are not properly reading/understanding the comments of others. Information is vital. The more information we have, the better able we are to determine the severity of ANY pandemic or disaster. Information is not a bad thing!

E

EleventhHour

I did not mention the "cure being worse than the disease." My statement was that it would be beneficial to know how many children around the world starve to death each year. Pre and post COVID 19. There is nothing "trite" about wanting that information. I also did not even come close to claiming that COVID 19 was a "hoax."

If you desire to push an agenda, do it all you wish, but please do not misrepresent what I stated to advance your agenda. Thanks.

If I misunderstood your comment, then, please disregard my comment. :)
I am thinking I did not mean to respond to your post but another post when I went back and read.
My apologies!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Christian World Service, Oxfam, Unicef, World Vision, Tearfund, Childfund or Save the Children might have the stats on that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Or WHO world health organisation.

Thats part of their job.