(#6) "The older man will be more committed than the younger man"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ranger_One

So sorry to hear that, Ranger_One. Welcome to CC! There are some good folks around here. I encourage you to stick around and connect. :)

I am very grateful l I found this site, & thankful for all the prayers which have been very helpful in my life! God Does Hear!!! Also it's very comforting to have contacts with other Christians here on CC, knowing they are just a short electric-wave away from my home. I feel their prays! Thanks To All Of Gods Sweet People.

Feb 1, 2017
List of dating mistakes that should be avoided by the Christian woman
(#6) THE OLDER MAN WILL BE MORE COMMITTED THAN THE YOUNGER MAN

It has been discovered that some women believe that the older man is automatically better for them? they have this belief that younger men still want to "party" and therefore don't want commitment. They believe that older men are more mature and are ready for commitment. How can they be so wrong? They believe that maturity is directly proportional to age. I am 30 years old and I have approached so many women on online Christian sites who are 35 to 40 and I am not even allowed to email them because the women have blocked all men that are below their ages from contacting them. Congrats! You just blocked your true loves from contacting you. Just how hard is it for you to keep the door open for the younger man to prove himself? Why do some women feel humiliated of dating younger men? Why do you believe that the younger man only wants to party?

For your information, anyone can be anyone in that the older man who you believe is ready for a commitment may be the one who is promiscuous. If he wasn't promiscuous, why didn't he get married when he was in twenties or early thirties? He didn't, probably because he is one of those men that never wanted commitment so he waited untill the last possible moment when he was in his late thirties/early fourties to get married. He is only getting married in his late thirties/early fourties not because he is ready for a commitment but because all his friends are already married and he will continue his philandering whilst married. But yet, it is this type of promiscuous older man that some women believe is better for them just because he is old, how can they be so wrong? these same women turn down true Christian virgin men of 25,26,27,28 years old just because they are young.

Ladies, please take note that a true Christian man who is a virgin will seek to marry in his twenties and you should be more suspicious of the man who is still single at 35 years and above. Having said this, anyone can be anyone in that both the younger and older men can be good or bad. Just don't automatically reject the younger man because of his slightly younger age.

Ladies should note that they are supposed to seek a Christian marriage and a Christian marriage doesn't prioritize age instead it prioritizes the level of faith.Note that age doesn't matter, what matters is how well the husband and wife roles are played. And finally, maturity is not directly proportional to age so don't hesitate to date a younger man just because you believe in the false tradition that the man is the leader and therefore he should be older than you. Do not reject your true love just because of his younger age.
This is so very true. In fact I'd add a younger man that is a virgin is far more likely to be committed than one that isn't regardless of age. A man especially does not reach such ages as late 20s or 30s and still be a virgin for no reason. Makes me think of how salacious I have found men my dad's age and even grandpa's age to be! Maybe generational thing, maybe it is a religious thing, I cannot really tell. Makes me think of my former manager, he was like 45, married, and constantly talking about the waitresses my age! Though I must confess some of his comments were just plain humorous, it did kinda sicken me, not for his age, but because he was married and had two kids.

F

Faith9374

The only thing that truly matters is getting to know the person you meet. Small things matter and not age. Pay more attention to the things he does but doesn't say thank the things he says or does intentionally. Never ignore the feelings you get after praying for directions. Age does not matter at all.

T

Tinuviel

The only thing that truly matters is getting to know the person you meet. Small things matter and not age. Pay more attention to the things he does but doesn't say thank the things he says or does intentionally. Never ignore the feelings you get after praying for directions. Age does not matter at all.
I personally would tend to agree...to an extent. However, I would have to think long and hard about marrying someone more than 6 or 7 years older than me, because from the many ladies I've seen who marry men who are older they either end up being young widows, or young married ladies with invalid husbands. Is it a deal breaker? NO. Is it something that has to be seriously considered before marriage? YES :)

F

Faith9374

Invalid husband; that's quite a dehumanizing term. My mom remarried at 45 to a wonderful man 12 years older. Almost 14yrs later theyes are both still alive by the grace of God. Oh, happy and healthy as well. My younger sister married at age 25 to a man 9yrs her senior. Still, again by God's grace going strong with 2 lovely children for 16 going on 17yrs. Life is unpredictable and our paths are mapped by God alone. Our gifts of wisdom, knowledge and good old common sense are just that, gifts. They betray us when we don't put God in the details. I am glad that God delivers me whenever I forget or just choose to do my will instead of his. I understand your reasoning but disagree with your belief and terminology of older men in a marriage to younger women. Yes? Lol!

V

Vi124

Age has no affect on maturity or husband material in a man. I speak from personal experience I was with a man 9yeae older than me we dated for 6 years and later I came to find out he wasn't ready for marriage. Unfortunately i was blind to all the red flags but by Gods grace I was delivered from that relationship that left me broken and feeling horrible questioning if I was good enough for marriage commitment. I have slowly healed from my past as I've also learned and grown as a person . And I know God delivers to replace it with his best :) Glory be to God

T

Tinuviel

I understand your reasoning but disagree with your belief and terminology of older men in a marriage to younger women. Yes? Lol!
It could be the other way around, as well. I wasn't trying to be rude or unfeeling, it was very simply the fact. When you (be you man or woman) make the commitment to marriage, it's for life. Yes, of course God will uphold you in your path! But it is only common sense to look your situation in the face. God gave us reasoning and decision-making powers which He then calls us to use.

For this situation, even if you both live to your full lifespan, and if you are both healthy to the end, you will be widowed for x amount of years, because you're x amount of years younger than your spouse. Once again...deal breaker? NO. Something to think about? YES. If that's not something you feel you can handle, you don't close your eyes to it and trust God to take care of it, you reconcile it. Either you decide that with the grace of God, you are moving forward, knowing full well that your spouse's body and mind may begin to break down before yours, or you decide you cannot handle it. To move forward without a resolution is dangerous.

F

Faith9374

No worries! A difference of opinion is just that and nothing else. Sometimes the young dies before the old due to unforeseen circumstances. I just want to stress that no one should be discouraged from loving whomsoever they choose. God goes before us and as long as you keep him forever present in All Things, life is Good!

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Generally, a older man is more mature and committed.
This is probably why life spans pre-flood were routinely 600 years +.
Otherwise, the command be fruitful and multiply would not have some to fruition.
The human race would have stalled right then and there.

God always knows what he is doing.

N

NoNameMcgee

Why would a 30 year old man want to date a 40 year old woman? Age does matter.
if i wanted to marry....
and a woman who was 10 years older than me was good to marry
(read the word and obedient to it, no children outside adoption, never been divorced, understanding of our roles...ect)

why shouldnt i marry her?

im not trying to be mean or anything

but are we not supposed to marry older women?

is this based off having children of my own blood?

im just curious why you say this... ive personally not given it much thought