60's / 70's Favorites

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 28, 2023
i definitely believe Jesus would like some of it
Not when one understands the purpose of music and why it was created by the Lord.

There is no secular music in Heaven... simply because it is not work done FOR the Lord and is instead work done for self or for other reasons such as to become rich, fore notoriety, or to express one's idolatry as the worship things / being other than the Lord Jesus.

When the future gets here, we'll find out.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Not when one understands the purpose of music and why it was created by the Lord.

There is no secular music in Heaven... simply because it is not work done FOR the Lord and is instead work done for self or for other reasons such as to become rich, fore notoriety, or to express one's idolatry as the worship things / being other than the Lord Jesus.

When the future gets here, we'll find out.
we're on earth now, not heaven! the Bible does say somewhere, i've been told, that only the Lord writes a symphony. that certainly sin't the only form of a song. i have never heard an ungodly classical tune, that is, of Mozart, Brahms, Beethoven, Strauss, Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov, etc. there are scores & scores of rock music that is not ungodly. it sounds like you are saying people should ONLY write Christian music to glorify God. i don't believe that that is true. i could be incorrect, i never looked it up.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
In the 60-70's not all of us were wearing our saint hats ergo we have favorites for nostalgic reasons. This was and is a favorite of mine still, hallelujah🙌

Anni

Sep 27, 2023
Many times a song will take me back to a happy memory, especially from the '60s.

This reminds me of one night warm & safe and hearing a train sound it's horn in the distance.

Anni

Sep 27, 2023
I love this song, too, it takes me back to a day at High School when I sang it.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Indeed. A lot of these songs remind us of happy childhood memories. Glory to God for blessing us with a happy childhood because some children unfortunately suffer during their childhoods.

Here‘s Hank Marvin’s Apache released somewhere around 1960s.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
page & plant covered that tune also!
Watch it, there are people on this site who equate listening to secular music to living worldly lives LOL

Not a huge Zepp fan, but I do have a couple of downloaded songs.

Anni

Sep 27, 2023
Love Genesis, went to see them at Wembley '87. Left totally rocked out & voiceless lol

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Many times a song will take me back to a happy memory, especially from the '60s.

This reminds me of one night warm & safe and hearing a train sound it's horn in the distance.
love that tune!

Ted01

May 14, 2022
Can't remember if I already posted this... it's worth listening to agian.