60's / 70's Favorites

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

The music was interesting, but I find the lyrics lacking unless one views the light and road as Christ.
"Share your load" reminds me of "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" and "Take a Load Off Baby", which is a
good para-Christian theme.

And if you feel that you can't go on
And your will's sinkin' low
Just believe, and you can't go wrong
In the light you will find the road
You will find the road
Oh, did you ever believe that I could leave you
Standing out in the cold
I know how it feels 'cause I have slipped through
To the very depths of my soul
Ooh baby, I just want to show you what a clear view
It is from every bend in the road
Now listen to me
Oh, whoa-whoa, as I was
And really would be for you, too, honey
As you would for me, oh, I would share your load
Let me share your load
Ooh, let me share, share your load
And if you feel that you can't go on
In the light you will find the road
Though the winds of change may blow around you
But that will always be so
Whoa whoa, when love is pain it can devour you, but you are never alone
I will share your load, I will share your load
Baby, let me, oh, let me
In the light
Everybody needs the light...

I like mining for biblical nuggets in secular songs, so thanks for sharing it!
☀️
 
  • Like
Reactions: ZuluKono
The music was interesting, but I find the lyrics lacking unless one views the light and road as Christ.
"Share your load" reminds me of "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" and "Take a Load Off Baby", which is a
good para-Christian theme.

And if you feel that you can't go on
And your will's sinkin' low
Just believe, and you can't go wrong
In the light you will find the road
You will find the road
Oh, did you ever believe that I could leave you
Standing out in the cold
I know how it feels 'cause I have slipped through
To the very depths of my soul
Ooh baby, I just want to show you what a clear view
It is from every bend in the road
Now listen to me
Oh, whoa-whoa, as I was
And really would be for you, too, honey
As you would for me, oh, I would share your load
Let me share your load
Ooh, let me share, share your load
And if you feel that you can't go on
In the light you will find the road
Though the winds of change may blow around you
But that will always be so
Whoa whoa, when love is pain it can devour you, but you are never alone
I will share your load, I will share your load
Baby, let me, oh, let me
In the light
Everybody needs the light...

I like mining for biblical nuggets in secular songs, so thanks for sharing it!
☀️
Here's another stone cold classic from the same album (Physical Graffiti).

 
  • Like
Reactions: CarriePie