666 = Emperor Constantine Augustus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 13, 2012
This is a brief review of a study I did on the number of the beast using a small Linux python gematria application a few months ago. Hope this helps on your studies in Revelation. To my knowledge, the information that was revealed to me in this study has never been published in any source that I am aware of. This is not to say that men have not known it. However, I have never seen this solution printed in any other work except what is here presented. God bless you in your studies.

ha-Melek ha-Constantinus ha-Augustus

Constantinus Augustus Rex

Ο Βασιλεύς Κωνσταντίνος Αύγουστος

Emperor Constantine Augustus

המלך 95
הקונסטנטינוס 415
האוגוסטוס 156

all words:המלך הקונסטנטינוס האוגוסטוס

total gematria: 666

In the Book of Revelation there are two beasts portrayed. Only the second beast is styled as 666, not the first. Therefore, it cannot possibly be referring to Nero (as some would have it), for Nero was of the heads of the first beast. Furthermore, Nero can only be derived through defective and unusual Hebraic spelling. 666 in Revelation is specifically referring to the name/title of the man who is head of the Second Beast. There is the first beast, which is ancient Rome. And there is the second beast, which is latter Rome--Constantinian/Byzantine Rome.

The second beast comes in all the power of the first beast and makes all to do obeisance to the former beast (empire) by the image that speaks.

The man 666 is the second beast. And by the very inscription that Constantine placed upon his image, he accomplished just that, because he is that. And he used the name of Christ and the Charagma known as the Chi Rho Labarum --Constantine's Cross.

The charagma (character, mark) of the beast is the most blatantly obvious sign that could ever exist. And since that is the case, ironically enough, it is also the most well hidden. It is the very thing that has been staring the world in face for this long and that was designed to deceive the very people who it does deceive. People have looked for microchips, or secret symbols, etc.. and yet they have not perceived that the symbol with which they felt comfortable with might be the most occult symbol that ever existed. The mark of the beast is hidden in plain sight and is something that the world has been looking at every day of their lives. And since this is so, they write it off as being everything and anything except what it actually represents -- their universal delusion. It couldn't possibly be the Chi Rho to them, because, in their delusional world, the Chi Rho is a holy and sanctimonious symbol. So they look anywhere except where they should look. And by this, they are deceived.

Eusebius, Church History, Book IX, Chap. 9: 8-11
These and the like praises Constantine, by his very deeds, sang to God, the universal Ruler, and Author of his victory, as he entered Rome in triumph.

Immediately all the members of the senate and the other most celebrated men, with the whole Roman people, together with children and women, received him as their deliverer, their saviour, and their benefactor, with shining eyes and with their whole souls, with shouts of gladness and unbounded joy.

But he, as one possessed of inborn piety toward God, did not exult in the shouts, nor was he elated by the praises; but perceiving that his aid was from God, he immediately commanded that a trophy of the Saviour's passion be put in the hand of his own statue.

And when he had placed it, with the saving sign of the cross in its right hand, in the most public place in Rome, he commanded that the following inscription should be engraved upon it in the Roman tongue:

"By this Salutary Sign [☧], the true proof of bravery, I have saved and freed your city from the yoke of the tyrant and moreover, having set at liberty both the senate and the people of Rome, I have restored them to their ancient distinction and splendor."
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. -- Rev. 13:11-15
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. -- Rev. 13:16-17
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. -- Rev. 13:18
It should also be remembered that Constantine began what is now known as the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church--still a beast of two horns to this day. He was the first imperial Pontifex Maximus of Roman Christendom--i.e., the first official Pope.