80s hits

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morefaithrequired

those 'other" songs you never hear on the radio any more. that add more texture to the fabric of our memories

M

morefaithrequired

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Beautiful song from 1982 ^

Some LPs I have all but lived and breathed.
^ ^ Paul Simon's Graceland was one of them :)

M

morefaithrequired

Some LPs I have all but lived and breathed.
^ ^ Paul Simon's Graceland was one of them :)
one of my goals is to be able to play the guitar tricks in graceland

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

This song from 1985 became a karaoke staple for me in the early nineties :giggle:

M

morefaithrequired

This song from 1985 became a karaoke staple for me in the early nineties :giggle:
I loved that song too. especially with the end of the movie about Saturday detention when Judd holds his arms up in triumph. what an ending!...ah that's right...The breakfast Club

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
A Filipino favorite sang by the balladeer Basil Valdez, altho still heard sang by other artists today.

*Note: 'lamp upon my feet"

C

CozHElivesIcanface2morrow

This song gives me all the feels 😶 child/teen years memories 😊 but I don't hear this song playing on air anymore...seldom...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I was thinking of that band and song/LP (Songs from the Big Chair, from 1985) also, and read up on them a bit last night :D I used to sing "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" at karaoke, though not very often ;) That LP was incredible! I love this song from it, as well:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
We cannot go on talking about eighties' music without mentioning U2 :D

They formed in 1976 as teenagers, and released their first LP in 1980 :) Their fifth album, The Joshua Tree (1987), made them international superstars, and was their greatest critical and commercial success... another LP I all but lived and breathed :geek: This track is from that LP:

Their "Achtung Baby" LP was another one like that for me, but it is from the nineties ;)