80s hits

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Isaiah263

Jan 12, 2020
Again, the Coke speaks for itself in the 80's.. But this band was pretty accurate when it comes to prosperity preachers.. Just sayin'

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
As the Deer (1984)
This actually made me cry. Asian nations are deeply engrained in their traditions. I wish there were more Christians there - people who love the Lord. PLEASE pray for all of Asia. We need Him there so much! :cry:

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I always really liked the piano work in this song. Reading up on it:

Empty Glass also contained the devotional love song, "Let My Love Open the Door," which became a top ten
hit single in the US, along with the other (modestly successful) singles, "Rough Boys" and "A Little Is Enough".
The album was rated No. 57 on Rolling Stone's list of 100 Greatest Albums of the 1980's. Gibson had a poll
which rated the album at No. 5 for "The greatest albums released by an artist who was previously in a
successful band." I saw The Who live in 1982, which was supposed to be their final tour (but wasn't
.;):giggle:).

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

This song reminds me of the Lord's kindness.
He has provided everything yet we often overlook His hand in it all, especially family. For me it also pictures the reign of Jesus Christ upon the earth after He establishes peace.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

The day my Dad went to heaven, this song came to mind. It was fitting and it was on the soundtrack of the last movie my Dad and I saw together.

The movie was a fictional account of the last King James Bible left on the Earth. It was the hero's mission to get it safely to the one printer thousands of miles away so it could be published on the last printing press.

When I was on my way home from the hospital, I stopped at the out of town mall after it was closed. I was hoping beyond hope that not only that this CD was available there, but that I could somehow buy it. I went inside and all of the gates were closed and most everyone was gone. I went to the FYE store and someone was still there and locking the cash register. I asked if I could still buy it, if it was in stock? They looked, found it and kindly let me purchase it though the closed gate. The dear Lord made that happen for me. I played this as one of the songs at Dad's funeral.

Thank You so much Lord! I am ever grateful.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018

I always really liked the piano work in this song. Reading up on it:

Empty Glass also contained the devotional love song, "Let My Love Open the Door," which became a top ten
hit single in the US, along with the other (modestly successful) singles, "Rough Boys" and "A Little Is Enough".
The album was rated No. 57 on Rolling Stone's list of 100 Greatest Albums of the 1980's. Gibson had a poll
which rated the album at No. 5 for "The greatest albums released by an artist who was previously in a
successful band." I saw The Who live in 1982, which was supposed to be their final tour (but wasn't
.;):giggle:).
I like anything I can dance to, which is why I am a 'Holy Roller' at heart nowadays. Glad to see Pete's still around!

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
I grew up in New York City and this song always reminded me of it. It describes perfectly how a Friday night (especially when it's payday!) progresses right after work. You can actually feel the energy in the City rise as night falls....

Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid (Official Music Video) 1988

Just got paid, Friday night
Party huntin', feelin' right
Body shakin', all around (Body shakin' all around)
No one thinks when I'm gettin' down

Check the mirror, I'm lookin' fly
Round up the posse, jump in my ride
Radio rockin', a monster jam
Feel the rhythm, pump up the sound

I'm feelin' so good
Don't you know I'm just groovin' to the beat
I'm groovin', groovin'
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Just got paid (Just got paid) Friday night (Friday)
Party huntin', (Party huntin') Place is right
(Feelin' alright) Booty shakin', all around
(All around baby) Pour one drink when I'm gettin'
Down

On the floor, rockin' to the beat
All ways you sure look sweet
Fine young lady standin' by
Come on baby, sweet eye delight, hey!

I like the way that you move
And you look so sweet when you're movin' to the beat
I'm tired of all these boring parties
Why don't we get on down?
Come on just get on down now!

Just got paid, Friday night (Money in my pocket)
Party huntin', place is right (Place is little\ right)
Booty shakin', all around (all the way you're lookin' 'Round)
Pour one drink when I'm gettin' down

Get down, uh! (Say home)
Ha ha ha! You say it! (Say home, love)
Home home (Say home)
Ha ha! Huaaaaaaa-ow!

On the floor (On the floor)
Rockin' to the beat (Rockin' baby)
Movin' me (Always)
You sure look sweet (You sure look sweet)
Fine young lady standin' by (Young lady standin' by)
(Aw yeah!) Come on baby, we'll be out tonight
(We're feelin' fine!)

Just got paid, Friday night (Can't refuse it)
Party huntin', place is right
(Money in my pocket) Booty shakin', all around
(Showin' you a good time) Pour one drink when I'm
Gettin' down

Get down, yeah, gettin' down (say home)
Home home (say home, love)
Home home home (say home)
Huaaaaaaa-ow!

Teddy! You're playin'!

Aaaahh!

Shake it up, shake it up!
I'm just got paid... I'm feelin', I'm feelin' nice

Just got paid, Friday night (Just got paid... Friday)
Party huntin', place is right (Party huntin', tell me
Where to party!)
Booty shakin', all around (Tell me where to party,
Ow!)
Pour one drink (come on) when I'm gettin' down (Get
Down)
Just got paid, Friday night (Just got paid... Friday)
Party huntin', place is right (Parties huntin'?)
(Havin' a good time baby) Booty shakin', all around
(Havin' a good time baby yeah) Pour one drink when I'm
Gettin' down
(I'm gettin' down) Just got paid (gettin' gettin'
Gettin' down)
Friday night (gettin' gettin' gettin' down)
Party huntin', place is right (Yeah)
Booty shakin', all around (Whoa) (Oh yeah yeah yeah
Yeah yeah)
Pour one drink when I'm gettin' down

Gettin' down, oh, I said gettin' down down
Gettin' down down

"I love to hear ya!" "Yo Kemp!" "Yeah!" "Hey!"
"Thanks, Aaron, Teddy, you guys be cool!" "Ha! Ha!"

"That's it!"

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Pleased to discover this band was still touring just a few years ago! .:D

Here is a live version of Twilight Zone from November 16, 2019

Golden Earring - Twilight Zone (originally from 1982)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I must admit that my favorite music artist of all time was Roy Orbison. In the early eighties many superstars of rock and roll came together to offer him tribute. Here they are in Roy Orbison's 'Black and White Night' celebrating Roy. And here is Roy's greatest hit from the 60's, 'Pretty Woman'. Watch for all the super stars in this video:

(1) Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman (from Black & White Night) - Bing video
Roy was in the Traveling Wilburys, also, who formed in April of 1988, the same year as Roy's demise in December...

The Traveling Wilburys - Handle With Care (Official Video)