80s hits

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

The opening to this video makes me laugh.
I like how they introduced the alligator to the pool. He reminds me of George the Friendly Gator. He was my gator doggie. I no longer have him, but he was a friend and petted by many who love God and appreciate His creation. Many more were introduced to the God of creation through George.

I never could sing this song until now...can not believe it. Start off an octave or two lower, but hit the high notes.. Man, that's strange. 😄

This song request goes out to George, my gator doggie.
😘🐊🤲

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
I LOVE this song. It is SO EPIC! This song helped shape and define the early Generation X cohort when we were teenagers in the 1980's. We were mostly latchkey kids because most of our parents were at work when we got home from school. This meant total FREEDOM to do whatever we wanted. I got away with SO MUCH because of this that to this day, my parents still don't know, lol! We also learned self-sufficiency and independence: we cooked our meals ourselves and cleaned up around the house without prodding (or not, lol!) and we watched out for each other. I really feel fortunate to be part of Generation X! Thank you, Lord for having me born at this best of times!

Rush - Subdivisions
(Released 1982)

Music: Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson
Lyrics: Neil Peart​

Sprawling on the fringes of the city
In geometric order
An insulated border
In between the bright lights
And the far unlit unknown

Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone

Nowhere is the dreamer
Or the misfit so alone

Subdivisions —
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
Subdivisions —
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out
Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth

Drawn like moths we drift into the city
The timeless old attraction
Cruising for the action
Lit up like a firefly
Just to feel the living night

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight

Somewhere out of a memory
Of lighted streets on quiet nights…

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Man, don't get me started on the 80s 'wave scene. Still my favorite to this day. I'll post some links when I have more time.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I LOVE this song. It is SO EPIC! This song helped shape and define the early Generation X cohort when we were teenagers in the 1980's. We were mostly latchkey kids because most of our parents were at work when we got home from school. This meant total FREEDOM to do whatever we wanted. I got away with SO MUCH because of this that to this day, my parents still don't know, lol! We also learned self-sufficiency and independence: we cooked our meals ourselves and cleaned up around the house without prodding (or not, lol!) and we watched out for each other. I really feel fortunate to be part of Generation X! Thank you, Lord for having me born at this best of times!

Rush - Subdivisions
(Released 1982)

Music: Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson
Lyrics: Neil Peart​

Sprawling on the fringes of the city
In geometric order
An insulated border
In between the bright lights
And the far unlit unknown

Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone

Nowhere is the dreamer
Or the misfit so alone

Subdivisions —
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
Subdivisions —
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out
Any escape might help to smooth
The unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe
The restless dreams of youth

Drawn like moths we drift into the city
The timeless old attraction
Cruising for the action
Lit up like a firefly
Just to feel the living night

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight

Somewhere out of a memory
Of lighted streets on quiet nights…

Thank you for posting the lyrics, since otherwise I would not have known which song you
posted, as oddly enough, the video did not display for my country, where Rush originated LOL.

They played around my home town a fair bit, but I was not that interested in their music until they put out this LP
.:D

Ted01

May 14, 2022
I was reading a thread where they're talking about us being made in the Image of God and this old chestnut came to my mind...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

"Dancing in the Dark" is a song written and performed by American rock singer Bruce Springsteen.
Adding uptempo synthesizer riffs to his sound for the first time, the song spent four weeks
at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 and sold over one million singles in the U.S.
It was the first single released from his 1984 album, Born in the U.S.A., and became
his biggest hit, helping the album become the best-selling album of his career.

Ted01

May 14, 2022

"Dancing in the Dark" is a song written and performed by American rock singer Bruce Springsteen.
Adding uptempo synthesizer riffs to his sound for the first time, the song spent four weeks
at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 and sold over one million singles in the U.S.
It was the first single released from his 1984 album, Born in the U.S.A., and became
his biggest hit, helping the album become the best-selling album of his career.
That's the only time that I thought Courtney Cox was cute, lol.