80s hits

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I really really REALLY liked this whole LP, though my fave is probably Making Movies .:unsure::cool:(y)

Making Movies is Dire Straits' third studio album, released on 17 October 1980.

I saw Mark and Eric Clapton in concert in the late 80s... and again a few years ago when
he opened up for Bob Dylan. That's the main reason I went to that concert, heh; it was an
outing for my daughter and myself along with a nephew who was in town at the time
.:D
Whoa! Was it really over twelve years ago???
.o_O. Time flies... .:censored:

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Dokken is a usually a glam metal band (think pop version of heavy metal) with the lead singer Don Dokken singing the songs. So I was pretty surprised and impressed that they released this song for their Back for the Attack album released in 1987. It is entirely instrumental and featured George Lynch's (lead guitarist) and Jeff Pilsen's (bass player) fantastic music writing ability. Indirectly, it also showed Don Dokken's ability to stand back to let his other band members shine. According to songfacts.com, "The plan was to have lead singer Don Dokken add vocals to it, but the song didn't sync with his voice. "He just wasn't feeling it, which I can understand," Lynch said in his Songfacts interview. 'You can't really sing over that song in retrospect.' "

This is great for driving in your car so far long necessary car trips (I was driving between Queens and central Long Island around this time), this made the journey a lot more enjoyable. Just loved how the guitar wailed and pierced my heart, and loved the double bass beats (I could swear my heart tried to keep up with that rapid tempo, lol!). Definitely my favorite song from Dokken. :love:

-=<Dokken - Mr Scary>=-

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Ahhh the Blues of Moodiness. I have almost all of their albums through 1983. I think I am lacking... one?

I found 'Days of Future Passed' as a brand-new vinyl LP. Found a few of their LPs used, but in good condition, and I bought a few CDs as well. But, my favorite may be from their split-off period, 'Blue Jays'. What a melodic record.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Another song I love! This music video features a couple who look like Prince Charles and Princess Diana (Charles & Diana married just two years before). In this scenario, Diana doesn't seem all that interested in Charles, but he tries to do all these crazy things to try to endear himself to her. But in real life, he never loved her even though she genuinely loved him which gives this music video a sad and wistfull tone (if only whoever developed the concept for this music video knew the reality of Charles & Diana's relationship). It's still a sweet song though with cute lyrics!

-=<Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Everyday I Write The Book>=-
(1983)

Don't tell me you don't know what love is
When you're old enough to know better
When you find strange hands in your sweater
When your dreamboat turns out to be a footnote
I'm a man with a mission on two or three editions

And I'm giving you a longing look
Everyday
Everyday
Everyday I write the book
Chapter One: We didn't really get along
Chapter Two: I think I fell in love with you
You said you'd stand by me in the middle of Chapter Three

But you were up to your old tricks in Chapters Four
Five and Six.
The way you walk
The way you talk and try to kiss me
And laugh in four or five paragraphs.
All your compliments and your cutting remarks
Are captured here in my quotation marks.

Don't tell me you don't know the difference
Between a lover and a fighter
With my pen and my electric typewriter
Even in a perfect world where everyone was equal
I'd still own the film rights and be working on the sequel.

Everyday
Everyday
Everyday
Everyday
Everyday

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Another song I love! This music video features a couple who look like Prince Charles and Princess Diana (Charles & Diana married just two years before). In this scenario, Diana doesn't seem all that interested in Charles, but he tries to do all these crazy things to try to endear himself to her. But in real life, he never loved her even though she genuinely loved him which gives this music video a sad and wistfull tone (if only whoever developed the concept for this music video knew the reality of Charles & Diana's relationship). It's still a sweet song though with cute lyrics!

-=<Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Everyday I Write The Book>=-
(1983)

Don't tell me you don't know what love is
When you're old enough to know better
When you find strange hands in your sweater
When your dreamboat turns out to be a footnote
I'm a man with a mission on two or three editions

Everyday
Everyday
Chapter One: We didn't really get along
Chapter Two: I think I fell in love with you
You said you'd stand by me in the middle of Chapter Three

But you were up to your old tricks in Chapters Four
Five and Six.
The way you walk
The way you talk and try to kiss me
And laugh in four or five paragraphs.
All your compliments and your cutting remarks
Are captured here in my quotation marks.

Don't tell me you don't know the difference
Between a lover and a fighter
With my pen and my electric typewriter
Even in a perfect world where everyone was equal
I'd still own the film rights and be working on the sequel.

Everyday
Everyday
Everyday
Everyday
Everyday

Is that what you look like 2ndTime? An Asian warrioress with armor??