86,400 Seconds

  • Thread starter Thread starter rosh037
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rosh037

Guest
time2.jpg

86,400 seconds! That's how many seconds there are in one day (60 x 60 x 24). Out of those 86,400 seconds in each day, do we take even one of them to thank God? People are such ingrates nowadays, which is clearly evidenced by the spoiled attitudes they have. There is a spirit of ingratitude towards God behind feminism, behind the homosexual movement, behind liberal theology, behind the booze industry, behind the abortion industry, behind legalized gambling, etc. The Bible clearly teaches in Romans 1:21,22... "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." The first step to becoming a fool is to not be thankful towards God. It's all downhill from there! The first thing I do every morning when I awake is thank God for another day. I don't deserve a wonderful God, who loves a wretched sinner like me enough to be crucified for my sins. What a Wonderful and Precious Savior! 1st Peter 2:7 says, "Unto you therefore which believe he is precious..." Jesus is Precious.The heathen world doesn't appreciate God, nor the Bible. The Bible is a wonderful gift from God, to guide us spiritually through this dark and lonely world of sin... "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not" (John 1:5). Jesus came speaking the truth, and they refused to believe Him, "And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not." The Bible is nothing more than a religious Book to most people. Oh but it is so much more my friend— the Word of God is Life! It is the very seed by which men are born again, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1st Peter 1:23). What does the Bible mean to you? Romans 1:18 is an interesting Scripture... "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness." Most sinners know the truth; but don't want the truth. The Gospel has been preached repeatedly throughout most of the world; yet Hell hath enlarged herself... "Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. And the mean man shall be brought down, and the mighty man shall be humbled, and the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled: But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, and God that is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness" (Isaiah 5:14-16). If Jesus would have spoken lies and been silent concerning sin, then the unsaved heathen would have received His message; but Jesus spoke the truth and they hated him for it... "The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil."There is a direct correlation between ingratitude and sin. When a man is genuinely thankful and appreciative towards His Creator, it will naturally cause that man to want to please God. This is the whole reason why God created mankind—to please God, "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created" (Revelation 4:11). The selfish world could care less about God or Truth. Tragically, even many professed "Christians" are cold towards the things of God. The Truth should burn in our hearts as it did in Jeremiah's... "Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay" (Jeremiah 20:9). Every believer should continually thank God. Did you ever stop to think just how blessed you really are? Think about how many quadriplegics would give all the wealth in the world just to have what you have... mobility. I dare say even one wouldn't trade all the money in the world just to be able to walk and use their arms. Yet, it's so typical for people to complain and be negative. "O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Let the redeemed of the LORD say so..." (Psalm 107:1,2). God is a good God! So many people take life for granted. Do you know how many married couples would love to have children, but are biologically unable? MANY! They'd give all the money in the world just to have children. Yet so many parents fail to realize the wonderful blessing from God in their children. Children are a gift from God, entrusted to us by their Creator. Life itself is a gift from God. Listen friend, if you can walk, talk, see, hear, smell, taste, and think for yourself, then you are truly blessed of God! Of course, nothing means anything if you die and go to Hell for eternity. All that will matter 100 years from now is whether you died in your sin, or in the Lord Jesus Christ. Ye must be born-again! It is God's Simple Plan. ​
There are 86,400 seconds in a day, have you thanked God with just one of them?​
​
​
 
[video=youtube;6KknGW8AujE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KknGW8AujE[/video]
 
So, I'm going out on a limb here, but you aren't reading the various threads posted on the Miscellaneous Forum?
 
I didn't understand. I have been reading various threads! Have I offended anyone? If so, I apologize!
 
I didn't understand. I have been reading various threads! Have I offended anyone? If so, I apologize!

I wasn't offended, just thought you had not seen or read all of the "Thankful" threads on this Forum Page....... :)

There are several where we post our thankfulness to God every day! Feel free to join in............

God bless
 
Yes, I thank Him several times every day. I don't think I can ever thank Him and praise Him enough for the beautiful gift of salvation that He has given to me.