99% of CC BDF First page is "lets figure out salvation"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
Why are believers confused over salvation?
We see thread after thread on salvation.
One must go to page 2,or 3 to find another topic.
You have the cross skizm "ohhhh brutha ittttssss the crossssssss"
The works schizm" obey the law"
The greasy grace schizm "all your sins are forgiven,you do not repent. Hey even your future sins are forgiven....just relax,have a cigarrette and enjoy a secular life"

And on and on.

They Can't figure out salvation.

S

SpoonJuly

Your first statement is an oxymoron----
One who is saved is not confused as to how one is saved.
One who is confused may very well not be saved.

There is only one way to eternal life. Always has been. Always will be.
You either understand and are saved, or you are placing your hope in/on the wrong person and are probably lost.

U

UnderGrace

The greasy grace schizm "all your sins are forgiven,you do not repent. Hey even your future sins are forgiven....just relax,have a cigarrette and enjoy a secular life"

And on and on.

Maybe because there are so many teachers that do not teach salvation correctly?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Make another new forum for these confused people. Call it WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?

If anyone has any questions, direct them to repent and dunk them in the nearest river.

Apr 3, 2019

And on and on.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
That's because it is so simple that even a child could figure it out.

People like to make salvation complicated, but God made it very simple -- so that the wise could not figure it out.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
The greasy grace schizm "all your sins are forgiven,you do not repent. Hey even your future sins are forgiven....just relax,have a cigarrette and enjoy a secular life
"
Hi Absolutely, what is the "Cross sckizm" exactly :unsure: Thanks!

The "works schizm" I get as this forum, as well all but one other Christian forum that I've posted to regularly in the last 20 years, has always had an abundance of Pharisees, legalists/moralists, Pelagians, Finneyites (or whatever people are calling them these days) posting about the absolute ~necessity~ for Christians to always choose to be obedient if they want to have any hope of being saved and/or remaining saved. IOW, these folks preach that salvation results from our choice to be obedient, not that obedience is one of the wondrous things that results from our being saved.

The "greasy grace schizm" is an odd one, because the only people who regularly bring that one up (in the way that you define it above) are the legalists (who use it to try to prove why their "works schizm" is necessary for salvation).

(I have never read anyone's OP or post over the years who said that 1. repentance is ~never~ necessary, even when they first come to faith, or 2. admitted that they feel there is nothing wrong with continuing in or returning to their former, sinful lifestyles after becoming a Christian because God will forgive all their new sins anyway, so who cares! I saw in the news that the newest Bachelorette .. who "claims" to be a Christian .. has said as much on the reality TV show "The Bachelor", but if someone has said anything like that here on CChat, please point their posts out to me. Thanks! https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/moralistic-therapeutic-bachelorette-christianity-sex/).

That said, I have run into Christian "perfectionists" who believe that a Christian cannot sin once they've been saved (and therefore have nothing to repent of again), as well one or two hyper-grace folks who know that they still sin, know that they need to repent/turn from doing that sin again, but they don't believe that they need to ask God for forgiveness again, believing that all of their sins, past, present and future, have already been forgiven at the foot of the Cross.

Thanks again!

--Deut

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019
Hi Absolutely, what is the "Cross sckizm" exactly :unsure: Thanks!

The "works schizm" I get as this forum, as well all but one other Christian forum that I've posted to regularly in the last 20 years, has always had an abundance of Pharisees, legalists/moralists, Pelagians, Finneyites (or whatever people are calling them these days) posting about the absolute ~necessity~ for Christians to always choose to be obedient if they want to have any hope of being saved and/or remaining saved. IOW, these folks preach that salvation results from our choice to be obedient, not that obedience is one of the wondrous things that results from our being saved.

The "greasy grace schizm" is an odd one, because the only people who regularly bring that one up (in the way that you define it above) are the legalists (who use it to try to prove why their "works schizm" is necessary for salvation).

(I have never read anyone's OP or post over the years who said that 1. repentance is ~never~ necessary, even when they first come to faith, or 2. admitted that they feel there is nothing wrong with continuing in or returning to their former, sinful lifestyles after becoming a Christian because God will forgive all their new sins anyway, so who cares! I saw in the news that the newest Bachelorette .. who "claims" to be a Christian .. has said as much on the reality TV show "The Bachelor", but if someone has said anything like that here on CChat, please point their posts out to me. Thanks! https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/moralistic-therapeutic-bachelorette-christianity-sex/).

That said, I have run into Christian "perfectionists" who believe that a Christian cannot sin once they've been saved (and therefore have nothing to repent of again), as well one or two hyper-grace folks who know that they still sin, know that they need to repent/turn from doing that sin again, but they don't believe that they need to ask God for forgiveness again, believing that all of their sins, past, present and future, have already been forgiven at the foot of the Cross.

Thanks again!

--Deut
Mr. Deuteronomy,

your presence is always welcomed

would you like to share an UNBIASED version of what "message of the cross" (the only guy I know who's all about that two unequal-lengthed plank of wood), "commandment legalist" and "grace advocates", and represent them, or portray them as accurately as possible

I would like to see a nice condensed list, thank you and much appreciated

signed
~DefenderOfGrace

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Mr. Deuteronomy,

your presence is always welcomed

would you like to share an UNBIASED version of what "message of the cross" (the only guy I know who's all about that two unequal-lengthed plank of wood), "commandment legalist" and "grace advocates", and represent them, or portray them as accurately as possible

I would like to see a nice condensed list, thank you and much appreciated

signed
~DefenderOfGrace
Hi Defenderofgrace, I could try to construct such a list, but I don't want to derail this thread to do so. So, @Absolutely, should I attempt to do that here, or would you prefer me to start another thread?

Thanks!

~Deut

Jul 17, 2019
but I don't want to derail this thread to do so
greetings Deut

you are right, love is patient, love is kind, it is not rude, nor self-seeking ...

and 99% does sound like an exaggeration, as there are other topics like "tongues thread, etc" unless if they fit under the umbrella of "the topic of salvation"

but of course

let's show respect to the thread,
DefenderOfGrace

Feb 28, 2016
Make another new forum for these confused people. Call it WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?

If anyone has any questions, direct them to repent and dunk them in the nearest river.
==========================================================================================

'we both remember' and get what the (world teaches)', from our own 'scars'... -
it's really about loving/understanding/forgiving/walking' in Christ's Holy-Loving-Light...

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
greetings Deut

you are right, love is patient, love is kind, it is not rude, nor self-seeking ...

and 99% does sound like an exaggeration, as there are other topics like "tongues thread, etc" unless if they fit under the umbrella of "the topic of salvation"

but of course

let's show respect to the thread,
DefenderOfGrace
As I think about it again, that list idea of yours would probably fit very nicely into this thread, by I will wait for @Absolutely's (y) or (n)

~Deut

Jul 17, 2019
As I think about it again, that list idea of yours would probably fit very nicely into this thread, by I will wait for @Absolutely's (y) or (n)

~Deut
if another thread, we can probably make a voting poll

cross
legalist
grace
other

to get a rough idea of the percentages

Jul 17, 2019

Salvation Discussion Forum

Jul 21, 2019
Murica
Lol they'll find out at Judgement Day when they burning forever in that Lake of Fire, praise God. Many are called, but so few are chosen!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The LOVE forum. That might get people talking. The conversation goes something like this.

What does love mean to you? I think it means God loves me but he hates you. Um wait no. He loves me only if I do something nice for Him. Oh but wait it says here that he loved us while we were yet sinners. So I can still sin? Oh but God hates sin. Yet he loves the sinner. Oh wait a minute how does that work again.
Maybe lets try reading the Bible backwards to see if it makes any sense. I can chuck in a few verses out of context too. That will help sure. Ok God so loved the world...wait he loved the world? But it says here not to love the world friendship with the world is eminity with God. You interrupted me. Sorry. Hey quick question, why do angels have sex with humans? Thats impossible they dont have any xx or xy chromosmes. Hold on are angels gay? Didnt they rescue Lot from sodom? No it was the men tried to rape the angels. Ok now Im confused. Lets go have a dip in the river, nothing like a good water baptism. What water the bible doesnt say anything about getting wet???

Mar 28, 2016

And on and on.

I would agree .What does the world salvation mean to some? Nice try? Try again with a little more effort.?

To some it means anything but salvation .