a born-again Christian can never (keyword: never) lose their salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Your wrong, You were never sealed. but you had the knowledge of truth in your hands, and were most likely very close to accepting it, But then walked away, It will be worse for you than someone who never even looked to accept it in the first place. or had knowledge of it, because they wanted nothing to do with it.

We can not EARN salvation.
You do have to earn your salvation, because the one that endures to the end will have earned the right to eat from the tree of life.,and that requires working out your salvation.

E

eternally-gratefull

You're not able to see I grabbed the post from Ralph?
ahh, No I can not see anything he says, I guess when people are in the prayer bin in this new format they are really hidden. it looked like you were talking to yourself..lol

E

eternally-gratefull

You do have to earn your salvation,
Then God lied when he said we are saved by grace, not works.

The bible is a lie

Jesus died for nothing (we can save ourselves. why was he so foolish to come die for us when he did not have to?

I can go on and on and on with the issues if what you say is true.

because the one that endures to the end will have earned the right to eat from the tree of life.,and that requires working out your salvation.

How many times do you people have to be shown that when jesus said he who endures to the end, he was speaking ONLY of this in the great tribulation period. enduring until his return (the end) and if they can, They will not suffer the fate of billions of people who will die in that 7 year period. thus that has nothing to do with the salvation of anyone?

S

Seedz

Do you realize you are contradicting yourself in the same paragraph?

Tell me how one can be a born again Child of God by receiving Jesus, and sealed by The Holy Spirit, yet Jesus tells some of His Children that HE NEVER KNEW THEM!!?

They will tell you that because they never actually followed the true God, therefore the true God will deny having known them.

I don't subscribe to this idea, but that is what I've heard.

A better question is this: How do we know the true Creator?

I ask this question because even having the "infallible" word, we can be lost if we don't read it correctly, hence the evil denominations and false Christian sects that have emerged from such "ignorant" interpretations.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017

The bible is a lie

Jesus died for nothing (we can save ourselves. why was he so foolish to come die for us when he did not have to?

How many times do you people have to be shown that when jesus said he who endures to the end, he was speaking ONLY of this in the great tribulation period. enduring until his return (the end) and if they can, They will not suffer the fate of billions of people who will die in that 7 year period. thus that has nothing to do with the salvation of anyone?
You are saved as long as you act right in his kingdom. mess up and you will be kicked out. The very same way he did Satan.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You are saved as long as you act right in his kingdom. mess up and you will be kicked out. The very same way he did Satan.
So Christians never mess up at all? There is a big difference between temporarily messing up (Peter denied Christ three times for example) and completely rebelling against God and saying, "'I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north." (Isaiah 14:13)

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
So Christians never mess up at all? There is a big difference between temporarily messing up (Peter denied Christ three times for example) and completely rebelling against God and saying, "'I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north." (Isaiah 14:13)
That was not peter, that was satan.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Know person was ever saved until Jesus died on the cross.
You have the wrong idea. and concept. Satan was doomed to eternal damnation in the lake of fire, after having all the blessings of God. This is the same pattern Satan is trying to destroy mankind.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
That was not peter, that was satan.
I know that. I was comparing a Christian (Peter) who temporarily messed up by denying Christ three times with (Satan) who completely rebelled against God and said that he will ascend to heaven and raise his throne above the stars of God..

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017

The bible is a lie

How can you talk to someone that is not in the world. He was talking to the present and future that read the scriptures.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
I know that. I was comparing a Christian (Peter) who temporarily messed up by denying Christ three times with (Satan) who completely rebelled against God and said that he will ascend to heaven and raise his throne above the stars of God..
That was because they had not obtained all the knowledge and received the holy ghost which was to teach them. Peter was of the elect, on his way to be saved.

Embankment

Feb 28, 2017
You have the wrong idea. and concept. Satan was doomed to eternal damnation in the lake of fire, after having all the blessings of God. This is the same pattern Satan is trying to destroy mankind.
Blessings and eternal salvation are two different things. Not one person was saved eternally until Jesus paid the price.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
That was because they had not obtained all the knowledge and received the holy ghost which was to teach them. Peter was of the elect, on his way to be saved.
Peter was already a believer who was saved (Matthew 16:16; John 20:31). Peter also messed up in Galatians 2:11-16.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Peter was already a believer who was saved (Matthew 16:16; John 20:31). Peter also messed up in Galatians 2:11-16.
I tell you what! just give up doing what you're doing in Christ,and see where it will get you