a born-again Christian can never (keyword: never) lose their salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
wow, is this what Jesus mean by "I come not to bring peace but a sword"?
No, I don't think so. If you read the speaking in tongues thread you'll see that Gabe insults God for at least three pages in different posts.
His personal attack against me and that blatant blasphemy are unfortunately not against the rules here.

T

theanointedsinner

No, I don't think so. If you read the speaking in tongues thread you'll see that Gabe insults God for at least three pages in different posts.
His personal attack against me and that blatant blasphemy are unfortunately not against the rules here.
3 pages? say what?

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
Yep.
Three pages. At least . There are 49 pages in the tongues thread so there could be more. But you can't miss what they've said about God, salvation, all of it. They're not a fan of God, the gospel, or the truth of Christ, lets put it that way.

T

theanointedsinner

Yep.
Three pages. At least .
I believe you, unless if I'm bored to the point where I'm strongly desiring sin, I would not spend the time to look for it, and besides I consider "speaking in tongues" to be such a trivial, issue, I comment only less than 3 times, and visit it rarely ...

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
I believe you, unless if I'm bored to the point where I'm strongly desiring sin, I would not spend the time to look for it, and besides I consider "speaking in tongues" to be such a trivial, issue, I comment only less than 3 times, and visit it rarely ...
Here's one copy of his remarks in that thread. He's talking about God there.
"Amen.he promised a lot of things to us. Give him a reason to break those promises.,and he will."https://christianchat.com/threads/speaking-in-tongues.177501/post-3642349

49 pages arguing whether tongues are valid , active today, and all that. I can imagine you would find that boring. Can't blame you.
It's in the Bible as what God said it is. But that doesn't stop people from trying to question God.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Here's one copy of his remarks in that thread. He's talking about God there.
"Amen.he promised a lot of things to us. Give him a reason to break those promises.,and he will."https://christianchat.com/threads/speaking-in-tongues.177501/post-3642349

49 pages arguing whether tongues are valid , active today, and all that. I can imagine you would find that boring. Can't blame you.
It's in the Bible as what God said it is. But that doesn't stop people from trying to question God.
Yes, you are a fake and fraud. ,and you know I posted again after that earlier post, putting it in its proper perspective. .I have concluded that some on this site is not of God. Impersonators ,they are , because they have no love , nor compassion for one another. They call names, they falsely accuse. They lie about you. They sow discard among one another. All these signs point toward workers of iniquity. Wolves in sheep clothing, but cannot disguise who and what they are because it is their nature.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Amen, Easy Believism and Lordship Salvation are both wrong.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Amen, Easy Believism and Lordship Salvation are both wrong.
How do most people define "Easy Believism?" Merely believe "mental assent" that Jesus exists and presto, you are saved, even though you continue to live like the devil, or something like that?

What about Lordship Salvation? I've heard advocates of that doctrine say that it's not enough to believe in Jesus (John 3:15,16,18), but one must "completely" surrender to His Lordship in order to be saved. Then of course, "completely" surrender to His Lordship ranges anywhere from reaching full maturity in Christ to sinless perfection.

What about Hard Believism? That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works is not hard to understand. It's just hard to ACCEPT. I've heard certain anti-OSASers say that continuing to believe/remain in the faith is an extremely difficult burden that most Christians will surely fail to do and the Lord will simply allow them to slip through His hands. :rolleyes:

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
How do most people define "Easy Believism?" Merely believe "mental assent" that Jesus exists and presto, you are saved, even though you continue to live like the devil, or something like that?

What about Lordship Salvation? I've heard advocates of that doctrine say that it's not enough to believe in Jesus (John 3:15,16,18), but one must "completely" surrender to His Lordship in order to be saved. Then of course, "completely" surrender to His Lordship ranges anywhere from reaching full maturity in Christ to sinless perfection.

What about Hard Believism? That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works is not hard to understand. It's just hard to ACCEPT. I've heard certain anti-OSASers say that continuing to believe/remain in the faith is an extremely difficult burden that most Christians will surely fail to do and the Lord will simply allow them to slip through His hands. :rolleyes:
I mean, salvation shows some changes.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Merely believe "mental assent" that Jesus exists and presto, you are saved, even though you continue to live like the devil, or something like that? Yes, that is Easy Believism and I realized that is wrong. We must come to Christ broken

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Merely believe "mental assent" that Jesus exists and presto, you are saved, even though you continue to live like the devil, or something like that? Yes, that is Easy Believism and I realized that is wrong. We must come to Christ broken
Amen! Saving belief in Christ is more than simply believing "mental assent" that He exists. Those who believe in Christ unto salvation are trusting in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation and have become new creations in Christ.

E

eternally-gratefull

It is wrong, as as i see, no one here teaches that to be true, and if they did, you would see many against them.

Mar 28, 2016
His yoke makes it easy or lighter as a imputed righteousness , which without no man could beleive God not seen .But his work of faith as a labor of His love by which we can believe Him as he draws us, was to give his own Spirit life in jeopardy of His own life . If he has begun it, he as the just one and justifier of our new faith .He gives us the confidence He will finish it .We there fore put no confidence in the flesh as that seen

Mar 28, 2016
It is wrong, as as i see, no one here teaches that to be true, and if they did, you would see many against them.
He comes as he draws us, some kicking against the pricks of the letter of the law, and others jumping for joy as a result giving us a new contrite heart.

R

Ralph-

Ralph, my friend... It is inevitable. It is a complex ancient book. There will be many interpretations. How can "real" truth be achieved through such a system?
Through a little honesty and the revelation of the Holy Spirit.

R

Ralph-

Unless you read Romans 2:6 that might insinuate favor from God according to your works..
Among many in the church I know it does. Most in the church can only understand the necessity for works to mean works earn justification/salvation. It's so bad in the church right now that many think to purposely do something right is wrong because that would be 'works' (you trying to earn your own salvation). The thinking is, right things just have to happen by themselves or else it's you trying to earn your own salvation. Think I'm kidding?

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
Hey!!!! A bit of fruit! That's RIGHT! They THOUGHT they were saved, but they NEVER were. That's just the point.
I've been following this thread or post or whatever. This discussion. My question is " The Rapture " who will be raptured and when and who will be judged. Wont the lost, be left on earth and only the saved be taken. thank you and I hope you can answer my question as a lay person.

R

Ralph-

You conveniently left out the initial part of that, which introduces that idea that you have presented. I reiterate; idea, as in: your idea.

Romans 2
12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all that have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.
13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the DOERS of the law who will be justified.

This is talking about the law, not about the Gospel. Jesus' story of salvation is NOT the law.

The passages you are trying to pass off as an explanation as to what happens to those that do not know the gospel are actually referring to the "morality of God" written on their hearts. Not the gospel...... Paul goes on to say that we are all without excuse because we are all witnesses of creation and conscience. Not that the gospel is known by everyone.

Good try though.
I did not say the gospel is known by everyone. I plainly talked about those who have never heard the name of 'Jesus'. Then I said Romans 2 explains to us how God deals justly with the person who never hears the gospel. And, who doesn't even have the law of Moses. God deals with these people according to what Paul says they DO have--instinct and conscience.

How can you so boldly claim that the true Gospel has gone "virtually throughout the world" if most people that I talk to everyday can't communicate the same message from account to account? This means that the message obviously isn't and has never been clear enough to be universal objective knowledge.
With the exception of some Muslim countries where generations have been raised up without knowledge of Christianity (because it is outlawed) virtually everyone knows about the day of Judgment and that you have to get right with Jesus to be saved. You'll be hard pressed to find a person who will say, "Jesus who?" People are all too aware of Jesus and the Day of Judgment that is coming. Haven't you ever done any witnessing? If you have you'll know you do not need to explain who Jesus is nor tell them about the day of judgment that is coming. What you have to do is fill in the details.

Why would God send you to "hell" or condemn you to "death" if it is evident that most people are not getting the same message.
His judgment is mitigated according to what you know:

"47“And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, 48but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more. "-Luke 12:47-48

I would like to clarify that MOST will agree that the Gospel is a little more than believing that Jesus Died and rose again and conquered sin. My point is that "even the devils believe and tremble."
But the devils do not trust in Jesus. Believing in Jesus means not only believing he exists, but also believing he is the payment for your sin debt and that you are trusting him to be that for you and as a result will safely pass through the coming judgment and into the fullness of the blessings promised to Abraham.

My other point to further reiterate that it is extremely unlikely that you just need to "believe" is the fact that there are many teaching about sin, the consequences, and how important it is to live "holy", or "in a manner pleasing to God". If it was just about believing, I doubt there would have been all of these extra instructions.
Yep. I think you'll see I agree with you by what I just posted above.

Believing implies trusting, not just believing that God/Jesus exist, or even just believing the gospel is real. You must place your trust in what you know to be true about God, Jesus, and the gospel.

You are jumping to conclusions too wildly and with pure speculation. You are saying that people have enough witness, even without the bible or a holy spirit filled teacher that what they should do is repent of their misdeeds?
That is what Paul is saying. The teacher in this case is the Holy Spirit acting upon a person's conscience. These people have far, far less to be accountable for than those of us who have heard the specific gospel of Christ and it's details. God's judgment is based on what you know and what you did with what you know.

How the heck are they even going to know what to repent from if they don't know what they did was wrong?
They will have some knowledge through conscience and instinct. That is what Paul said. And that is the standard God will use to judge them.

i.e. A gay village inhabitant in some distant land, secluded and isolated from society. In his culture, homosexuality is no big deal and widely accepted and practiced.

Question, how will he KNOW that his action is sinful and that he must repent from it?
Again, conscience and instinct. And natural law, which he had just got done speaking about in Romans 1:19-20,26.

19because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

24Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error."-Romans 1:19-27

You are misunderstanding a lot of key points and you are jumping to conclusions that only make sense on the surface.
I'm just reading the plain words of scripture. They aren't up for debate, but because most people want to have their own version of the truth they make the plain words of the Bible mean something else. This is not God's fault. It's not the Bible's fault. It's the fault of the wickedness of men who don't want to be confronted, let alone conform to, the truth. Only in Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit can a person overcome this evil propensity in us fallen human beings.