A change in food tastes - discussion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

Over the last few years, I have developed a palette for foods that during my younger years I wouldn't touch for anything. Examples are calf's liver, onions, horseradish, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and I find that I now enjoy spicy foods a lot more than I used to. I know that as we age, we lose some of our taste receptors, but I never thought I would come to like certain foods ever, and now I enjoy them regularly.

Anyone else experience this, and if you did, what foods did you learn to enjoy or develop a taste for? If you grew to dislike certain foods as you aged, that is a valid topic of discussion too.

Feb 20, 2016
Over the last few years, I have developed a palette for foods that during my younger years I wouldn't touch for anything. Examples are calf's liver, onions, horseradish, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and I find that I now enjoy spicy foods a lot more than I used to. I know that as we age, we lose some of our taste receptors, but I never thought I would come to like certain foods ever, and now I enjoy them regularly.

Anyone else experience this, and if you did, what foods did you learn to enjoy or develop a taste for? If you grew to dislike certain foods as you aged, that is a valid topic of discussion too.
I'm still out on spicy foods unless it tastes like jalapenos. I was never a picky eater, loved my spinach and greens, except for liver which I have never tasted (or had the chance) to this day.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
I used to have a strong dislike for spinach. Then one day I discovered that lacing it with Italian salad dressing made it taste great. Now I often put spinach on my soups and it improves their flavor as well as their nutrition.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I'm still out on spicy foods unless it tastes like jalapenos. I was never a picky eater, loved my spinach and greens, except for liver which I have never tasted (or had the chance) to this day.
I am just learning to appreciate various spices. As i mentioned somewhere, except for salt and pepper and an occasional chili or other, spice bottles were mostly for flavoring cookies or baked things. So i know ive missed a lot that other ppls and cultures have been enjoying for generations! I recall inspecting the bottled spices in the groceries, and wud save up some to get those we havent sampled, but thats it. Cardamom was esp expensive, but i wanted to try even once in a recipe that called for that long ago.
Unlike u, oh, was i picky... at least before high school i think. When i didnt like some supper, for ex., my ma would wake up inthe night to help this skinny little girl eat something or at least get a glass of milk to last til morning. But a point came when i realized we could not always get what we want on the table and i started to eat veggies too. and found they were delish after all! I thot i'd never eat bitter gourd, and its not the most delicious of course, but i do have it once in a while. I loved sweet stuff (of course, who didnt?) and would get lots of the icing in cakes because i never really grew fat after that, but in time knew it just wasnt that good for us and just take a moderate slice.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I used to have a strong dislike for spinach. Then one day I discovered that lacing it with Italian salad dressing made it taste great. Now I often put spinach on my soups and it improves their flavor as well as their nutrition.
Who can eat canned spinach? I used to think I hated spinach until I discovered fresh spinach. My brother taught me how to make a spinach salad with manderin oranges, pine nuts, feta cheese, and homemade orange dressing. Even my daughter can’t get enough of it. (My grandson eats fresh spinach leaves plain).

Then I discovered I like green smoothies (which is really a banana shake masking the taste of spinach). And I really like spinach dip on crackers. I like spinach in just about everything now- in quiche, on sandwiches, etc. But never, never out of a can- yuck!

anniealex

Apr 13, 2018
Hi there, according to me, I think we need to try new things and new recipes which can provide us new taste and good health. I have heard about many good recipe books which have many recipes and they are good in taste. My sister is using guide minceur online which has different recipes which have a huge collection of tasty recipes. I think we can also take the help of these types of recipe book.