A Christian Response to Gun Confiscation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I think the UN is pretty much a paper tiger and I don't see how they could even enforce that

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I agree.... and I'm really not all that certain that ANY "treaty" signed can usurp our Constitution. If "they" do try it, there will be war. Figuratively and literally.
This was threatened years ago, and the consensus at that time was "the color light blue is a great color for a target"

UN.jpg

Nov 23, 2021
I agree.... and I'm really not all that certain that ANY "treaty" signed can usurp our Constitution. If "they" do try it, there will be war. Figuratively and literally.
This was threatened years ago, and the consensus at that time was "the color light blue is a great color for a target"

View attachment 245103
An ex Marine said to me once , he had no problem shooting blue helmets. I recommend a reading of Foxe's Book of Martyrs. I guess we'll see what happens. Go out like the Martyrs or like Rambo. Either way , I hope the articles I posted are food for thought if we come down to shedding blood to keep our guns.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
An ex Marine said to me once , he had no problem shooting blue helmets. I recommend a reading of Foxe's Book of Martyrs. I guess we'll see what happens. Go out like the Martyrs or like Rambo. Either way , I hope the articles I posted are food for thought if we come down to shedding blood to keep our guns.
Something tells me it won't come to that because as I mentioned earlier, the UN is mostly a paper tiger

Nov 23, 2021
Something tells me it won't come to that because as I mentioned earlier, the UN is mostly a paper tiger
Just don't take the mark of the beast , to buy and sell. Trust Jesus will all of your heart and your'e
good.

Jun 5, 2020
Is it time to return to the OP subject: a Christian response to gun confiscation?

Personally, I, as a gun owner, believe that there is a definite responsibility that comes with owning a gun. It is potentially a lethal weapon. Therefore those who are mentally-emotionally unstable and violent, such as the man that shot up the University of Virginia campus yesterday, must be prevented from owning a gun. I realize that this is difficult to codify into law, but the recurring misuse of guns, regularly resulting in mass murders, must be controlled. Freedom must be balanced with regard for human life.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Is it time to return to the OP subject: a Christian response to gun confiscation?

Personally, I, as a gun owner, believe that there is a definite responsibility that comes with owning a gun. It is potentially a lethal weapon. Therefore those who are mentally-emotionally unstable and violent, such as the man that shot up the University of Virginia campus yesterday, must be prevented from owning a gun. I realize that this is difficult to codify into law, but the recurring misuse of guns, regularly resulting in mass murders, must be controlled. Freedom must be balanced with regard for human life.
I'm inclined to agree. I think for most people guns are just expensive toys
And I'm not saying that law abiding citizens shouldn't have guns but as you mentioned, there are clearly some people who should not be armed

Nov 6, 2022
I am very pro-gun being that I am retired military and would stand up for that right and give my life for it. Why? Because we need to be able to stand up to our government in the case of over corruption and turning on the people. Taking the guns would be the first step and a lot of deaths of people just trying to do their job. Our freedoms is what allows us to bow our heads and pray in a public restaurant. Just my quick explanation view.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I am very pro-gun being that I am retired military and would stand up for that right and give my life for it. Why? Because we need to be able to stand up to our government in the case of over corruption and turning on the people. Taking the guns would be the first step and a lot of deaths of people just trying to do their job. Our freedoms is what allows us to bow our heads and pray in a public restaurant. Just my quick explanation view.
This hypothetically if the government decides to go all Kim Jun Un, your guns ain't gonna to do squat
Not when they can level entire city blocks with drone strikes

Nov 6, 2022
This hypothetically if the government decides to go all Kim Jun Un, your guns ain't gonna to do squat
Not when they can level entire city blocks with drone strikes
I accept that but I don’t see our own military following those orders. We discussed this greatly while I was in. When the people would split so would the military. Most Generals do not think highly of congress and them prying constantly.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Try not to laugh too hard.
What do you guys think of this?
(Expand the screen manually to see the video better)

KNIFE WIELDING MAN IN FIGHT WITH COP WITH A SHOTGUN IS TAKEN OUT BY DUDE WITH A COCONUT!

Some guy is chasing police around the street with a knife. They are armed with shotguns.
I don't know the origin of this quote, but
"Beware the man who carries one coconut.
He probably knows how to use it.". 😄

After that, check out my new thread in this forum. It's "Stunts, Extreme Sports, Records ..."

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Try not to laugh too hard.
What do you guys think of this?
(Expand the screen manually to see the video better)

KNIFE WIELDING MAN IN FIGHT WITH COP WITH A SHOTGUN IS TAKEN OUT BY DUDE WITH A COCONUT!

Some guy is chasing police around the street with a knife. They are armed with shotguns.
I don't know the origin of this quote, but
"Beware the man who carries one coconut.
He probably knows how to use it.". 😄

After that, check out my new thread in this forum. It's "Stunts, Extreme Sports, Records ..."
Looks like that cop needs some shooting practice

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Apparently he was using some type of non lethal round.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Apparently he was using some type of non lethal round.
I went back to watch it again and think you are right. It's hard to tell for sure with camera angles, obstructions and movement.
Because it ended well, nobody seriously hurt and I don't have PTSD from the knife attacks against me, I can laugh about it. Maybe the police station will reassess the ammo.choice. If they thought a shotgun and gear belt was heavy before, their gonna be upset when they have coconuts hanging from their belts. 😄

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Sometimes wacked out people aren't stopped by gas rounds, mace, pepper spray and such.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
We got to experience a lot of things in Corrections, so we had an appreciation of the effect should we need to administer them.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Years ago I saw a video with this guy standing outside the convenience store with a katana.
The cops were trying not to kill him if they didn't have to. They kept hitting him with tear gas and rubber bullets and he still wouldn't drop the katana.
Finally they brought in a fire hose and that did the trick

Jun 5, 2020
I am sorry that you live in such fear of "the government". Of course you realize that there are various levels of government -- federal, state, and local -- and that there are resources to maintaining peace, law, and order. It is definitely dangerous to arm citizens to "take the law into their own hands" without the necessary discipline and training.

Your comment about praying in a public restaurant is "off the wall". If a person objects to your praying in public, is your solution to shoot them?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I am sorry that you live in such fear of "the government". Of course you realize that there are various levels of government -- federal, state, and local -- and that there are resources to maintaining peace, law, and order. It is definitely dangerous to arm citizens to "take the law into their own hands" without the necessary discipline and training.

Your comment about praying in a public restaurant is "off the wall". If a person objects to your praying in public, is your solution to shoot them?
I'm inclined to agree. That sounded like a lot of paranoid rambling. Literally nobody is trying to stop anyone from praying in a restaurant. That's not happening in reality. Gun confiscation isn't going to happen either.