A Christian Response to Gun Confiscation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Your comment about praying in a public restaurant is "off the wall". If a person objects to your praying in public, is your solution to shoot them?
Not sure how you added one plus one to come up with your sum :oops:

Our freedoms is what allows us to bow our heads and pray in a public restaurant.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
All Americans have a constitutional right to pray in any public building. That's not going to change unless someone rewrites the Constitution which isn't going to happen...
If you want to pray to god, allah, thor, Odin or even SpongeBob squarepants, that is your constitutional right as an american.
I think it's kind of funny how a lot of conservatives like to pretend they're not allowed to do stuff

Nov 6, 2022
I am not sure how I what I wrote got misinterpreted. I am saying IF that was to happen the people need to be able to stand up to a corrupt government. The fact that a person does not believe this could happen hasn’t read the Book of Revelation :)

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Well I already said this but I'll say it again. Gun confiscation would require repealing the second amendment, that takes a 2/3 Senate vote. That's about as likely to happen is my marrying Oprah Winfrey, getting struck by lightning, winning the Powerball, all in the same day
Also the book of Revelation doesn't say the government is going to take our guns.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Even hypothetically if our government decided to go all Kim Jun Un, you'r guns are not going to do squat when they can level entire city blocks with drone strikes

Nov 6, 2022
Even hypothetically if our government decided to go all Kim Jun Un, you'r guns are not going to do squat when they can level entire city blocks with drone strikes
What I was saying if we our government turned on us, could always happen, our own military would split as well.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
What I was saying if we our government turned on us, could always happen, our own military would split as well.
Yeah probably but it only takes one person to fly a drone

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
This hypothetically if the government decides to go all Kim Jun Un, your guns ain't gonna to do squat
Not when they can level entire city blocks with drone strikes
Yeah.... the King of England thought that same way back in the 18th century... those peasants don't stand a chance against the mightiest army in the world....
If I remember correctly a few Jews with a couple of rifles held off the German army for 2 or 3 weeks in Poland about 90 years ago... what if ALL of them had been armed?

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Gun confiscation would require repealing the second amendment, that takes a 2/3 Senate vote.
Unless an administration decides they know what's best for the peons, and enact executive orders to go round up all the guns.
Presidents have issued a lot of executive orders that violate the constitution...

saying "it would never happen here" is just whistling past the graveyard....

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Your comment about praying in a public restaurant is "off the wall". If a person objects to your praying in public, is your solution to shoot them?
that's a pretty hyperbolic and inflammatory statement... going to the extreme like that usually indicates a lack of any intelligent response to a statement...

Mar 4, 2020
They can’t confiscate guns, not legally anyway. They might be able to make it more difficult to legally own a gun or access a gun though. The other side of the coin is that it would be easier to make a law requiring citizens to own a gun.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
They can’t confiscate guns, not legally anyway. They might be able to make it more difficult to legally own a gun or access a gun though. The other side of the coin is that it would be easier to make a law requiring citizens to own a gun.
I don't see how they can enforce that one either unless they plan to go door to door and inspect everyone's houses to make sure they have a gun. That would be a logistical nightmare

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I don't see how they can enforce that one either unless they plan to go door to door and inspect everyone's houses to make sure they have a gun. That would be a logistical nightmare
Government is good at logistical nightmares.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Yes, there's over a hundred examples from history. They know how to do it. Many states in the USA are the exception, for now. Australia was a recent example of how things change overnight.

Jun 5, 2020
Unless an administration decides they know what's best for the peons, and enact executive orders to go round up all the guns.
Presidents have issued a lot of executive orders that violate the constitution...

saying "it would never happen here" is just whistling past the graveyard....
If you actually think that a US President could simply issue an executive order "to go round up all the guns" and that would happen, then you have no understanding of US government, executive power, etc.

It could never happen here.

Jun 5, 2020
that's a pretty hyperbolic and inflammatory statement... going to the extreme like that usually indicates a lack of any intelligent response to a statement...
That is simply your (misguided) opinion. It makes as much sense as worrying about praying in a restaurant. Going to the extreme like that usually indicates a lack of any intelligent response to a statement.

BTW, I am a member of both Mensa (top 2% of general intelligence) and Intertel (top 1% of general intelligence). Questioning my intelligence is "going down the wrong road". What is your level of intelligence?

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
That is simply your (misguided) opinion. It makes as much sense as worrying about praying in a restaurant. Going to the extreme like that usually indicates a lack of any intelligent response to a statement.

BTW, I am a member of both Mensa (top 2% of general intelligence) and Intertel (top 1% of general intelligence). Questioning my intelligence is "going down the wrong road". What is your level of intelligence?
I always felt that if you had to TELL someone how intelligent you were, then something was wrong with that picture....
Obviously your mensa level intelligence didn't include reading comprehension...
My statement was that it indicates a lack of an intelligent response... and I stand by that.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016

Every prison has Mensa members or those eligible to be.
We had them come through our facility, they received mail from Mensa on a regular basis.
Raw "intelligence" as measured by testing and wisdom in a well rounded person is not always found in the same person.

best wishes

Nov 23, 2021
The purpose of the post was to make available some articles I found useful in deciding how I would go out if forced to surrender my guns. I think WWJD will suffice. Has anyone read the articles.? It gave me food for thought . It may not happen this year , next year or the year after. It will happen . And that is not prophecy. My prediction. The President has emergency powers to suspend the Constitution, the country is circling the drain , and can't say I hold out much hope for the millenials to rein- in the swing to the left. Revelation says, there will be a world government . Raising the understanding of unbelieving , deceived , blinded and rebellious mankind is in my view ineffectual. There are dozens of rabbit trails to the global conspiracy while the real enemy is in plain view hiding in plain sight so embedded in our government that all the hooyahs Navy Seals running for congress can muster won't change a damn thing. Personally , I am a Vietnam Viet although not a combat Viet but close enough to see Spooky spraying the area. As a patriot , and a Bible believer . I have been awake to this infiltration and manipulation of our government and the social engineering of the lying propagadists of our media for some time . The church , I call the remnant . Because truthfully not everyone who Says , Lord , Lord is going to make it . Folks have so much invested in this world whether family and loved ones ,or pursuits and distractions. Not to mention the go-easy mentality of the present day modern church. Our citizenship is in heaven , and it has been given to us not only to believe on Him but also to suffer for His names sake. I would rather be martyred passively than go out guns blazing , yet common sense makes me prefer hollow points to full metal jacket. The people I love in this world , who the Bible describes as in the world but not of the world , are mostly of the world . Just a fact. Seeking the Lord, intercession , understanding the power of prayer and the exceeding great and precious promises, knowing who you are in Christ and how to execute authority over a defeated enemy praying the captives of the prison house. Is where the action is . Know the ministry of the Holy Spirit , John 16 . Ask and you shall receive, "How much more shall your father give the Holy Spirit to them that Ask Him. It works Trust Him , that is what is always tells me. "Trust Me". ............take care