A Coat Of Paint

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RichGladden

Banned
Jul 16, 2022
389
104
28
59
North Carolina
Since my last blog post, I have searched for a topic, on which, I long to express my views, but I confess any topic eluded me due to social distancing, and I was troubled over a slight disagreement (which is not the topic of this blog). As I sat scrolling through social media, wondering what to say the inspiration came, ever so subtly it was nearly lost, "a new coat of paint".

I reside beyond a stone's throw from an old nightclub that was turned into a church a few years back. Prior to being a nightclub, it was a decent and popular restaurant that served Chinese food, unmatched in our backward and pre-civilized area. still baring the external hallmarks. Troubled deeply by a building, swarming with rumors abounding of torrid affairs and intoxicated brawls; not to omit the constant flashing lights of responding officers to calls of all manner of devilish deeds, could ever birth praise worthy of a Holy God who surrounded Himself with spirits of a superior nature.

Outwardly, it changed little from the nightclub of its prior existence, or the Chinese restaurant, highly favored before that. I saw only a new sign and the addition of very little new paint. What wonders a little paint and a sign must have accomplished in order to transform a den of iniquity into a dwelling place for the God of all creation. If only I could afford some of that paint, I surmise.

Strange still, I've noticed, that many use the same tactics in our relationship with our Merciful Savior and Everlasting Father. Our lives through the weeks are spent with little thought, mention, or service to the One that created and still sustains us if any. A warm shower pressed garments fashioned in updated styles, and subtle perfumes (colognes), all cloak the person we existed as for the days preceding our return to God's house. Pursed lips, and wide smiles with clenched teeth, keep silent the truth of secrets that must not damage our "holier than thou" persona we labored so intently to create. Suddenly backs straighten and noses are lifted as we pretend to attentively drink in the word, absorbed as would a sponge, enjoying every syllable, as though hunger consumed us; meanwhile, all effort is made to hush the growling and churning of a stomach that would rather be elsewhere eatng real food.

I understand with what discernment God afforded me, that God does not dwell in houses made by hands.

Act_7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act_17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

I, too, understand neither a house, nor heaver itself can contain God.

2Ch_6:18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!

I will venture to say that a seedy bar, infested with all manner of debauchery and filth, requires more than a coat of paint and a new flashing sign. Likewise, a shower, and clean attire on a crisp and hurried Sunday morning, will cleanse you of your past weeks deeds, or lack there of, as slothfulness is as bad as doing wrong.

So I will close the blog post with verses I read in a comment, as I recall, made by Oyster, which summed up countless prayers I have prayed, yet not as eloquently (forgive me if I erred in the name of the poster):

A New Coat Of Paint Prayer:
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

A New Bar Of Soap Verse:
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.





It is all just a new coat of paint, or "vanity" as King Solomon so precisely assessed it.
 
Since my last blog post, I have searched for a topic, on which, I long to express my views, but I confess any topic eluded me due to social distancing, and I was troubled over a slight disagreement (which is not the topic of this blog). As I sat scrolling through social media, wondering what to say the inspiration came, ever so subtly it was nearly lost, "a new coat of paint".

I reside beyond a stone's throw from an old nightclub that was turned into a church a few years back. Prior to being a nightclub, it was a decent and popular restaurant that served Chinese food, unmatched in our backward and pre-civilized area. still baring the external hallmarks. Troubled deeply by a building, swarming with rumors abounding of torrid affairs and intoxicated brawls; not to omit the constant flashing lights of responding officers to calls of all manner of devilish deeds, could ever birth praise worthy of a Holy God who surrounded Himself with spirits of a superior nature.

Outwardly, it changed little from the nightclub of its prior existence, or the Chinese restaurant, highly favored before that. I saw only a new sign and the addition of very little new paint. What wonders a little paint and a sign must have accomplished in order to transform a den of iniquity into a dwelling place for the God of all creation. If only I could afford some of that paint, I surmise.

Strange still, I've noticed, that many use the same tactics in our relationship with our Merciful Savior and Everlasting Father. Our lives through the weeks are spent with little thought, mention, or service to the One that created and still sustains us if any. A warm shower pressed garments fashioned in updated styles, and subtle perfumes (colognes), all cloak the person we existed as for the days preceding our return to God's house. Pursed lips, and wide smiles with clenched teeth, keep silent the truth of secrets that must not damage our "holier than thou" persona we labored so intently to create. Suddenly backs straighten and noses are lifted as we pretend to attentively drink in the word, absorbed as would a sponge, enjoying every syllable, as though hunger consumed us; meanwhile, all effort is made to hush the growling and churning of a stomach that would rather be elsewhere eatng real food.

I understand with what discernment God afforded me, that God does not dwell in houses made by hands.

Act_7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act_17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

I, too, understand neither a house, nor heaver itself can contain God.

2Ch_6:18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!

I will venture to say that a seedy bar, infested with all manner of debauchery and filth, requires more than a coat of paint and a new flashing sign. Likewise, a shower, and clean attire on a crisp and hurried Sunday morning, will cleanse you of your past weeks deeds, or lack there of, as slothfulness is as bad as doing wrong.

So I will close the blog post with verses I read in a comment, as I recall, made by Oyster, which summed up countless prayers I have prayed, yet not as eloquently (forgive me if I erred in the name of the poster):

A New Coat Of Paint Prayer:
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

A New Bar Of Soap Verse:
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.





It is all just a new coat of paint, or "vanity" as King Solomon so precisely assessed it.

Nicely written!! And so honest!!
 
Since my last blog post, I have searched for a topic, on which, I long to express my views, but I confess any topic eluded me due to social distancing, and I was troubled over a slight disagreement (which is not the topic of this blog). As I sat scrolling through social media, wondering what to say the inspiration came, ever so subtly it was nearly lost, "a new coat of paint".

I reside beyond a stone's throw from an old nightclub that was turned into a church a few years back. Prior to being a nightclub, it was a decent and popular restaurant that served Chinese food, unmatched in our backward and pre-civilized area. still baring the external hallmarks. Troubled deeply by a building, swarming with rumors abounding of torrid affairs and intoxicated brawls; not to omit the constant flashing lights of responding officers to calls of all manner of devilish deeds, could ever birth praise worthy of a Holy God who surrounded Himself with spirits of a superior nature.

Outwardly, it changed little from the nightclub of its prior existence, or the Chinese restaurant, highly favored before that. I saw only a new sign and the addition of very little new paint. What wonders a little paint and a sign must have accomplished in order to transform a den of iniquity into a dwelling place for the God of all creation. If only I could afford some of that paint, I surmise.

Strange still, I've noticed, that many use the same tactics in our relationship with our Merciful Savior and Everlasting Father. Our lives through the weeks are spent with little thought, mention, or service to the One that created and still sustains us if any. A warm shower pressed garments fashioned in updated styles, and subtle perfumes (colognes), all cloak the person we existed as for the days preceding our return to God's house. Pursed lips, and wide smiles with clenched teeth, keep silent the truth of secrets that must not damage our "holier than thou" persona we labored so intently to create. Suddenly backs straighten and noses are lifted as we pretend to attentively drink in the word, absorbed as would a sponge, enjoying every syllable, as though hunger consumed us; meanwhile, all effort is made to hush the growling and churning of a stomach that would rather be elsewhere eatng real food.

I understand with what discernment God afforded me, that God does not dwell in houses made by hands.

Act_7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act_17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

I, too, understand neither a house, nor heaver itself can contain God.

2Ch_6:18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!

I will venture to say that a seedy bar, infested with all manner of debauchery and filth, requires more than a coat of paint and a new flashing sign. Likewise, a shower, and clean attire on a crisp and hurried Sunday morning, will cleanse you of your past weeks deeds, or lack there of, as slothfulness is as bad as doing wrong.

So I will close the blog post with verses I read in a comment, as I recall, made by Oyster, which summed up countless prayers I have prayed, yet not as eloquently (forgive me if I erred in the name of the poster):

A New Coat Of Paint Prayer:
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

A New Bar Of Soap Verse:
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.





It is all just a new coat of paint, or "vanity" as King Solomon so precisely assessed it.


I see you clearly have a talent for writing and you have a skill for creating interesting mental imagery for the reader. I really enjoyed it again and look forward to reading more of your blogs.
 
I see you clearly have a talent for writing and you have a skill for creating interesting mental imagery for the reader. I really enjoyed it again and look forward to reading more of your blogs.
I thought it best to make a complaint as interesting as possible so the reader would forget they were reading a complaint. Thank you for your comment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheNarrowPath