A complex question about free will and Calvinism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sure_
Genesis 2:16
And the LORD God (commanded) the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die._ Now who was The Son of God in the furnace with Daniel , Meshach and Abednego_
Daniel 3:
KJV
25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like (the Son of God.) Who is The Son of God?
That does not say what you originally claimed... here:

Adam was commanded to keep: The Son of The Living God.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yes it is circular.

I've asked whether knowledge of every particle's position and momentum at the point of the big bang would undermine free will and you've simply asserted that love is a result of free will and therefore what I ask cannot be true.

If you want to assert that love is a result of free will, then prove it - scientifically, since this thread is essentially a scientific examination of Calvinism.
I’ve been pondering and have come to realize that Love is foundational and circular - not a human reasoning hamster wheel but, circular in that Love gives and receives - it makes a circuit - like electrical current.

You really need to ponder the “scientific” aspect of Love.......then, you would be in search of God and not just knowledge that can be deceiving......knowledge without love is NOTHING, meaning without love, knowledge is NOTHING.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Yes it is circular.

I've asked whether knowledge of every particle's position and momentum at the point of the big bang would undermine free will and you've simply asserted that love is a result of free will and therefore what I ask cannot be true.

If you want to assert that love is a result of free will, then prove it - scientifically, since this thread is essentially a scientific examination of Calvinism.
Love is NOT a result of free will but, Love can only occur if it has free will.

God is Love..... His greatest desire is to love and be loved.

God has created all these habitats - universes, galaxies, solar systems, planets, spiritual realm, the seen and unseen, angels, demons, Satan, etc.....

Yet, God has a delimma....He cannot create what He really wants.....love.

Love cannot be created. If God creates beings that love Him, it is not love but, manipulation.

Love MUST have a choice, if there is no choice then there is no love.

God created man in His image....we have the capacity to love but, we must choose to do so.....just like God chooses to love us.....even while we were sinners.

Jan 28, 2021
I’ve been pondering and have come to realize that Love is foundational and circular - not a human reasoning hamster wheel but, circular in that Love gives and receives - it makes a circuit - like electrical current.

You really need to ponder the “scientific” aspect of Love.......then, you would be in search of God and not just knowledge that can be deceiving......knowledge without love is NOTHING, meaning without love, knowledge is NOTHING.
I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean?