A continually surrendered life.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Pisteuo

The continually surrendered life is the easiest way to define exactly what NT saving Faith is.

The application of NT saving Faith is communicated to us by the use of the Greek word pisteuo, 248 times in the NT.

Pisteuo is defined in the Vines Greek dictionary as, " A personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender. Producing a full acknowledgement of God's revelation of truth."

The Strong's Greek dictionary gives us an important disclaimer, it states," pisteuo means NOT just to believe!" The words the English language should have had for the translators are faithe, faither, and faithing.

The problem is the English language doesn't have a corresponding verb to the noun Pistis, where we get our English word Faith, like the Greek does. So the translators were forced to choose a different word to translate possibly the most important word in the Holy Scriptures. They chose the words believe, believer, and believing, which are a part of NT saving Faith, but taken on their own is error.

True NT saving Faith, pisteuo, is a verb, "an act based upon a Belief, sustained by confidence." We fulfill hundreds of acts of pisteuo or faithing every day all day. Each act of pisteuo or faithing is a specific act, based upon a specific belief, sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

NT saving Faith or pisteuo is specifically surrendering our life and will to Him. Based upon the specific belief that God will accept, maintain, sustain, transform the surrendered life. Sustained by a specific kind of confidence, in making the many daily decisions that support the fact our lives are not ours anymore but His now.

The question was asked, " what does the surrendered life look like in the Temporal.?"

To keep the surrender genuine, I can only show you what the beginning looks like, or how to start it.

God, I offer myself to thee, to have with me and to build with me as thou wills. Relieve me from the bondage of self, that victory over this may bear witness to those I would help of thy power, thy love, and thy way of life. May I do thy will always. Amen

My creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, the good and the bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character that stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me strength, as í go out from here to do thy bidding. Amen.

This is what the surrendered life begins like, is maintained like, and is completed like, putting everything in His hands continually.

As a tool to maintain the covenant, the contract, the personal relationship with God, the surrendered life or offering of ourselves to Him must be done a new every day. All day sometimes if needed.

When we see our surrendered life starts to look like what's being recited in those prayers, we know He is doing His part!

Questions?

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
The continually surrendered life is the easiest way to define exactly what NT saving Faith is.

The application of NT saving Faith is communicated to us by the use of the Greek word pisteuo, 248 times in the NT.

Pisteuo is defined in the Vines Greek dictionary as, " A personal surrender to Him and a life inspired by such surrender. Producing a full acknowledgement of God's revelation of truth."

The Strong's Greek dictionary gives us an important disclaimer, it states," pisteuo means NOT just to believe!" The words the English language should have had for the translators are faithe, faither, and faithing.

The problem is the English language doesn't have a corresponding verb to the noun Pistis, where we get our English word Faith, like the Greek does. So the translators were forced to choose a different word to translate possibly the most important word in the Holy Scriptures. They chose the words believe, believer, and believing, which are a part of NT saving Faith, but taken on their own is error.

True NT saving Faith, pisteuo, is a verb, "an act based upon a Belief, sustained by confidence." We fulfill hundreds of acts of pisteuo or faithing every day all day. Each act of pisteuo or faithing is a specific act, based upon a specific belief, sustained by a specific kind of confidence.

NT saving Faith or pisteuo is specifically surrendering our life and will to Him. Based upon the specific belief that God will accept, maintain, sustain, transform the surrendered life. Sustained by a specific kind of confidence, in making the many daily decisions that support the fact our lives are not ours anymore but His now.

The question was asked, " what does the surrendered life look like in the Temporal.?"

To keep the surrender genuine, I can only show you what the beginning looks like, or how to start it.

God, I offer myself to thee, to have with me and to build with me as thou wills. Relieve me from the bondage of self, that victory over this may bear witness to those I would help of thy power, thy love, and thy way of life. May I do thy will always. Amen

My creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, the good and the bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character that stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows. Grant me strength, as í go out from here to do thy bidding. Amen.

This is what the surrendered life begins like, is maintained like, and is completed like, putting everything in His hands continually.

As a tool to maintain the covenant, the contract, the personal relationship with God, the surrendered life or offering of ourselves to Him must be done a new every day. All day sometimes if needed.

When we see our surrendered life starts to look like what's being recited in those prayers, we know He is doing His part!

Questions?
Well yea, I have some questions? If I'm not mistaken this is the fourth thread you posted on the same subject, why? Secondly, I ask you in one of my other post who was your mentor that was the best so-called theologian in the past 400 years? What is his name?

The man that I consider to be my mentor was the late Dr. Walter Martin. I also attend a Calvary Chapel Church. What church do you attend? Thirdly, am I right in assuming from your presentation that you have to work to maintain your salvation?

I am basing my statement on what you said here: "the surrendered life or offering of ourselves to Him must be done a new every day. All day sometimes if needed." How is it done "anew" every day? Finally, the biggest thing that bothers me about all of this is your "dismissal" of the word believe. In other words, I think that most of us know that the word "extends" way farther than simple mental assent and leaving it a that. In short, it's a "heart" thing just as Hebrews 11:1 expresses. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You should talk to Sister Angela about the meaning of "believeth" as found in John 3:16 from the original Text.

That might give you some additional insight.

Now, be careful not to hold yourself up as our Teacher...........we get loads of these kind of folks here, and they usually fall way short of what they believe themselves to be.

Just saying

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

P

Pisteuo

You should talk to Sister Angela about the meaning of "believeth" as found in John 3:16 from the original Text.

That might give you some additional insight.

Now, be careful not to hold yourself up as our Teacher...........we get loads of these kind of folks here, and they usually fall way short of what they believe themselves to be.

Just saying
I've only known one gifted teacher in 33 years of being in Christ.
I willingly put my understandings on the table to be tested by others . I see my desire to share my experience with Christ as more of a " hey! Watch out for that cliff!"

P

Pisteuo

Well yea, I have some questions? If I'm not mistaken this is the fourth thread you posted on the same subject, why? Secondly, I ask you in one of my other post who was your mentor that was the best so-called theologian in the past 400 years? What is his name?

The man that I consider to be my mentor was the late Dr. Walter Martin. I also attend a Calvary Chapel Church. What church do you attend? Thirdly, am I right in assuming from your presentation that you have to work to maintain your salvation?

I am basing my statement on what you said here: "the surrendered life or offering of ourselves to Him must be done a new every day. All day sometimes if needed." How is it done "anew" every day? Finally, the biggest thing that bothers me about all of this is your "dismissal" of the word believe. In other words, I think that most of us know that the word "extends" way farther than simple mental assent and leaving it a that. In short, it's a "heart" thing just as Hebrews 11:1 expresses. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Yes, yesterday's Faith and faithing, yesterday's surrender, yesterday's choices to support the surrendered life need to be continued each and every day, each and every second of needed.

I've tried to share with you about the problems with the mistranslated words and the damage, and confusion they cause. It should be the first thing, day one topic in any Seminary, Bible School . You can't correctly be taught Scripture at any level without knowing pisteuo couldn't be translated into the English language. You talk about your dislike with all these threads on salvation? Those mistranslated words " are" the reasons for them, confusion availing itself in beating each other up.

I've answered your post as a courtesy. If you really want to discuss the OP, stop badgering me over things that don't apply to the content of the topic. If you continue to do so, I'll just concider that your way of saying you can't present a better understanding.

Only one chance.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
I've only known one gifted teacher in 33 years of being in Christ.
I willingly put my understandings on the table to be tested by others . I see my desire to share my experience with Christ as more of a " hey! Watch out for that cliff!"
I’ve encountered more than a dozen gifted teachers on this site since this morning.

Mar 23, 2016
How is what you describe any different than:

John 15:4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

or

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

or

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

or

Ephesians 4:22-24 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Mar 23, 2016
Yes, yesterday's Faith and faithing, yesterday's surrender, yesterday's choices to support the surrendered life need to be continued each and every day, each and every second of needed.
In 2 Cor 4:16, we read For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

The word "renewed" is the Greek word anakainóō (bold mine):

anakainóō (from 303 /aná, "up, completing a process" and kainoō, "renew," which is derived from 2537 /kainós) – to renew by moving from one stage to a higher (more developed) one; make qualitatively new.
341 /anakainóō ("to renew") only occurs in 2 Cor 4:16 and Col 3:10, both times referring to God ever-transforming the believer – by renewing "the new man" (anthrōpos) in Christ.
Copyright © 1987, 2011 by Helps Ministries, Inc.

The inward man being renewed day by day is something God works within us. He is faithful to His promise made in Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

P

Pisteuo

How is what you describe any different than:

John 15:4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

or

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

or

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

or

Ephesians 4:22-24 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
The only difference is the surrendered life I presented is at the very beginning of the Salvation process. So without the Spirit of Christ being sealed into the surrendered life first, at the beginning, Christ, His
Word, and the promises in His word are not ours to claim yet.

The passages you presented would only apply after the Spirit of Christ has been given towards the end of the process.

This is what makes Faith and faithing so hard to explain. The Pisteuo or faithing we fulfill at the start is done in a different state of being than say during the testing ground or after we've received His Spirit.

P

Pisteuo

In 2 Cor 4:16, we read For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

The word "renewed" is the Greek word anakainóō (bold mine):

anakainóō (from 303 /aná, "up, completing a process" and kainoō, "renew," which is derived from 2537 /kainós) – to renew by moving from one stage to a higher (more developed) one; make qualitatively new.
341 /anakainóō ("to renew") only occurs in 2 Cor 4:16 and Col 3:10, both times referring to God ever-transforming the believer – by renewing "the new man" (anthrōpos) in Christ.
Copyright © 1987, 2011 by Helps Ministries, Inc.

The inward man being renewed day by day is something God works within us. He is faithful to His promise made in Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
Again, in the state of being were discussing, the Spirit of Christ, Christ, His word,, and the promises in His word are not ours to claim yet.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
Dr's Martin & Ralph Wilkerson. Pastors Chuck Smith & Ralph Lorry. Were all great teachers of mine. I answered phones for Paul & Jan Crouch at TBN and Melodyland too.

On the other subject; Many have seem to fall away but if or when they turn back, the Lord is waiting with open arms. Just like the father of the prodigal son. He will NEVER leave us or forsake us. Every word of the Lord is true. They have to be, in order for faith to be of any value.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Faith in the Lord is what saves. Faith in works is foolishness and works based faith is for fools!

P

Pisteuo

I’ve encountered more than a dozen gifted teachers on this site since this morning.
Dr's Martin & Ralph Wilkerson. Pastors Chuck Smith & Ralph Lorry. Were all great teachers of mine. I answered phones for Paul & Jan Crouch at TBN and Melodyland too.

On the other subject; Many have seem to fall away but if or when they turn back, the Lord is waiting with open arms. Just like the father of the prodigal son. He will NEVER leave us or forsake us. Every word of the Lord is true. They have to be, in order for faith to be of any value.
And they are able to try and fulfill saving Faith, pisteuo, again, because they didn't receive the Spirit of Christ at the moment of belief like the church world teaches.
If they did receive the Spirit of Christ at the moment of belief (which is a false understanding) they would not be able to return and try again, crucifying Christ a second time.

P

Pisteuo

Faith in the Lord is what saves. Faith in works is foolishness and works based faith is for fools!
Lol, we perform acts of Faithing all day long. It involves work and effort. Your just proving my point. Because BN pisteuo couldn't be translated into the English language, the entire correct understanding had been lost.

There is no such thing as a "non works based" Faith, it's a verb! An act, based upon a Belief, sustained by confidence. You can fulfill that without any effort?

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
In Ephesians 1:13 -
G4100 [verb] - "πιστεύω - pisteuó/ pisteusantes"
"Definition: to believe, entrust
Usage: I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with."

"1. intransitive, to think to be true; to be persuaded of; to credit, place confidence in;"

Ephesians 1:13 V-APA-NMP
GRK: ᾧ καὶ πιστεύσαντες ἐσφραγίσθητε τῷ
NAS: having also believed, you were sealed
KJV: also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with
INT: whom also having believed you were sealed with the

So, John 1:12 said, "but as many as received Him, to them gave He authority to be sons [tekna - G5043] of God... "

And then 1 John 3:2 says, "Beloved, now we are children [G5043 - tekna] of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. " ("now we are [present indicative active] tekna [G5043], and it is not yet revealed what we shall be [future tense]...")
https://biblehub.com/text/1_john/3-2.htm

U

UnderGrace

Questions?
And what if you forget one or two days, what happens then?

P

Pisteuo

In Ephesians 1:13 -
G4100 [verb] - "πιστεύω - pisteuó/ pisteusantes"
"Definition: to believe[/U], entrust
Usage: I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with."
"1. intransitive, to think to be true; to be persuaded of; to credit, place confidence in;"

Ephesians 1:13 V-APA-NMP
GRK: ᾧ καὶ πιστεύσαντες ἐσφραγίσθητε τῷ
NAS: having also believed, you were sealed
KJV: also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with
INT: whom also having believed you were sealed with the

So, John 1:12 said, "but as many as received Him, to them gave He authority to be sons [tekna - G5043] of God... "

And then 1 John 3:2 says, "Beloved, now we are children [G5043 - tekna] of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. " ("now ye are [present indicative active] tekna [G5043], and it is not yet revealed what ye shall be [future tense]...")
https://biblehub.com/text/1_john/3-2.htm
The difference between you perspective and mine is because you have made the words believe, believer, and believing your foundation of Faith, your object of Faith is God's word and His promises. True NT saving Faith, pisteuo, has to be in Christ Himself a real living person, not His word or promises. And true NT saving Faith can't illegitimately claim the Spirit of Christ, Christ, His Word, and the promises in His word before it becomes theirs.

P

Pisteuo

And what if you forget one or two days, what happens then?
If this is a serious question, and I don't think it is.

It falls under the relationship of Faithing between us and Christ. It's not about perfection, it's about being genuine, mostly at the beginning.

I'm not going any further with you until I'm sure you understand what true pisteuo is and how it's applied.