A conversation about nothing in particular

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Top o' the mornin' to ya peeps.I have been an hour trying to get my wi-fi back online. This area seems to have a momentary power-off that throws everything into chaos. I will be shopping for a battery power-supply soon.

rainbow-good-morning-smiley-emoticon.gif

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Top o' the mornin' to ya peeps.I have been an hour trying to get my wi-fi back online. This area seems to have a momentary power-off that throws everything into chaos. I will be shopping for a battery power-supply soon.

View attachment 183857
Good morning Deade! Good morning all! :)

Sorry to hear of your wi-fi issues :( I know how frustrating they can be...

I dealt with them for months on my other laptop before finally getting this new device :p

I was being disconnected every other page refresh, or, could not connect at all, and would have to constantly restart my laptop. I even bought a USB thing-a-ma-bob (or was it a thing-a-ma-jiggy? :unsure:) to see if that would help, but my device kept trying to connect through the portal that did not work, even after taking it in multiple times for the Geek Squad to try to fix. Oy, the messages I wrote and lost :sick: In March, when my boss found out what I had been dealing with since before Christmas, he insisted on buying me a new device. He is a computer techie guy and can't stand having those types of problems :cool: He even picked it up for me :D He did take it out of my holiday pay, though ;) So my newish laptop is very similar to the other, which still works except for the wi-fi, though even that miraculously worked for a full day when this device would not turn on a few weeks back. The wi-fi on the other one has not worked since, though my movies and many other things (mostly image files) are still accessible on it :)

Ugh, time to go to work :cry: Have a great day, everyone!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I know you’re tired. I see your efforts and the time well spent. Don’t dwell and worry about your weariness and when you will find rest. Keep pressing on, I am with you, helping you by lightening your burdens. There’s a fine line which I’m asking you to ride. You need to make sure you get your right amount of sleep because if you completely overdo it, you won’t be helpful to anyone including yourself if you run yourself sick. There’s a balance you must maintain, a pace you must keep. There are so many that need to be reached yet and everyone needs to do their part. Keep taking steps forward, look to Me, My Presence is with you. You can find many moments of rest within Me if you look for them. Know that I’m watching over you and caring for you throughout the day. When you are struggling, come to Me and I will give you rest… Yours Jesus
Beautiful sis, thank you for this lovely reminder :) Much love to you! :)

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Scripture Reading: (Psalm 73:12-17, 25)

This is what the wicked are like -
always carefree, they increase in wealth.
Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure;
in vain have I washed my hands in innocence.
All day long I have been plagued;
I have been punished every morning.
If I had said, "I will speak thus,"
I would have betrayed this generation to your children.
When I tried to understand all this,
it was oppressive to me
till I entered the sanctuary of God;
then I understood their final destiny.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And being with You, I desire nothing on earth.

Christianity is not a set of intellectual beliefs, but a love relationship with God. We need to do what the psalmist did in Psalm 73 - go into the sanctuary of God and be alone with Him. This especially applies when we are in the midst of suffering and darkness.

* How and why do we think finding time alone with God in silence might "teach us everything" not just something.

"Lord, You know how easily and quickly we lose our interior sense of You. Grant us grace for the rest of today to silence the exterior noises around us so that we would hear the warmth of Your voice. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit I pray - Amen."

It is another wonderful day and Wednesday for many. May God Richly Bless us all in this our present time slot!

slave

Mar 20, 2015
I love how we build each other up in here, but I always am guarded that we build each other up (in Christ). To lift each other up in the name of Christ Jesus and on the basis of Christ Jesus - even in the practical and monadic (simple) components of our lives.

Most of us place a higher premium on what other people think than we realize. As can be seen in Galatians, the apostle Paul understood this struggle intimately. Mr Scott Peck (an author) illustrates this point through a story of meeting a high school classmate at the age of fifteen. Here are his reflections after a conversation with his friend:

Quote:

I suddenly realized that for the entire ten-minute period from when I had first seen my acquaintance until that very moment, I had been totally self-preoccupied. For the two or three minutes before we met, all I was thinking about was the clever things I might say that might impress him. During our five minutes together, I was listening to what he had to say only so that I might turn into a clever rejoinder. I wanted him only so that I might see what effect my remarks were having upon him. And for the two or three minutes after we separated, my sole thought was of those things I could have said that might have impressed him even more.

I had not cared a whit for my classmate. [ Unquote].

What is most startling about reading this detailed explanation of what was going on beneath the surface of this fifteen-year-old boy, is the recognition that the same dynamics continue for most of us into our twenties, thirties, fifties, seventies, and nineties! We remain trapped in living a pretend life - always seeking the approval of others.

True freedom comes when we no longer need to be special in other peoples eyes because we know we are lovable and good enough in Christ.

* How might it change your day today if you were to cease looking for human approval and begin seeking only the approval of God?

"Grant us courage, Lord, to do today what You have given us to do, to say what You have given us to say, and to become who You have called us to become ... in Jesus' name I pray - Amen."

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Who is it exactly that you think is looking for human approval??
Anyone whom fits that description. Which has been most of us over time. But to be sure, I am not looking for, nor do I have anyone in mind specifically, whom I am speaking to in regards to this - I am encouraging us all to look to the Lord first in all things concerning approval in order not to be side-swiped by satan and taken away from God's presence there believing in something real to be outside of Christ ... Only God can know the hearts of mankind. I delight in knowing Him - who knows such things, not I; who gives us all of life's realities and truths through the Holy Spirit.

One must explore that question alone with God first.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Well another day and another work scheduled honored ... May the day show His promise in Jesus' name I pray - Amen! Have a wonderful day peoples - I hold you all in my heart.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Good morning Josie, slave, blue, Magenta and Ann if you are still around. Slave, I can relate to that 15 year-old's self-centeredness. I wasted my whole youth being shy and afraid what others might think of me. It puts you into a kind of cocoon. That results in people thinking even less of you. I only got bold after the Lord called me at 37.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
Great Morning to you as well Deade - I am always leaving and you coming or you leave and I come in....but suffice it to say - God Bless you well my friend and brother. That story to me is about self-awareness. It can be shyness, as it was for you to relate to - or just self-interest as well, it is something we all must guard against in the prevention of pretentious living in Christ. Chow4Now...