A conversation about nothing in particular

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
God is never a misfit, nor was Jesus whom was God. We are not misfits either. We are not gods, that is true. and we are weak that is true. And we were found dead in our transgressions and sins - that too is true. And even in The Redemptive life in Christ we are weak - in order to show people God's glory, but we are more than conquerors in Christ my Bible tells me. We are seated in Christ at the right hand of the Most powerful God on earth and in the heavens...I am at a loss to notice any misfit comparisons there.

So a perfect, sinless human among evil, wicked, imperfect sinners just doesn't scream MISFIT to you?

slave

Mar 20, 2015
God is never a misfit, nor was Jesus whom was God. We are not misfits either. We are not gods, that is true. and we are weak that is true. And we were found dead in our transgressions and sins - that too is true. And even in The Redemptive life in Christ we are weak - in order to show people God's glory, but we are more than conquerors in Christ my Bible tells me. We are seated in Christ at the right hand of the Most powerful God on earth and in the heavens...I am at a loss to notice any misfit comparisons there.

To the world I can see how Jesus was a round peg that was trying to fit into a square hole. But that is because they are blind to Spiritual truth.

Therefore - Our hope is never found in our weakness then, thus we should never applaud it ... it is to be always found in His Strengths which are in fact limitless; and this being now our life found in us. He fits all things perfectly then. Even in this weak body here on earth.

slave

Mar 20, 2015
So a perfect, sinless human among evil, wicked, imperfect sinners just doesn't scream MISFIT to you?

No because Jesus came not to save righteous people but to save sinners. His love fits perfectly well with sinners for He has conquered Sin. Whereas sin cannot say it fits godliness for it has not power or creation in that fact. Yes, God is not a misfit to us humans as His Children or to the world - He is not a misfit nor therefore are we - He is the light and salt of the world. As Jesus has commissioned us to be as well in and thru Him.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Good Morning my beloved peoples.

First off, I will confess - I have been hurt deeply by Jewel and tourist and Blue these last couple of days, especially tourist and Blue - for I love you deeply well. And I have felt alone. If there is any wrong I have done I would ask to have those things brought before me and I would allow God to offer them to you to be forgiven. But as I examine my actions - I have not been convicted of any correction or rebuke from God.

So now I face a new challenge. Do I allow satan to win in tempting me or not in retaliation? And I have made my decision on that - I will not submit to satan's request to retaliate with my old man's emotions. Nor will I carry a briefcase full of facts satan is begging me to collect on a mission to right the wrongs against my person for that would not be God's will for me or the body of Christ to do. It is not about me - nor has it ever been about any of us - it is about "we should be unto the praise of His glory."

Thus, I have been in prayer and have squashed it in His formidable and powerful love before anything ungodly can take seed in me. Y'all have been placed at His feet. God has made it clear to me now - forgive what is mine to forgive and defend only as God defends Himself thru me in His commissioned timing.

Ironically thru all of this - I have found myself hopeful to learn thru it. God showed me (Habakkuk 2:3) of all things - "though it tarry, wait for it." God is teaching me even now that patience is not indifference; patience conveys the idea of an immensely strong rock withstanding all onslaughts. And I am learning it is the vision of God that is the source of my patience, because it imparts in me a moral inspiration. I saw Moses story too in this light, as God reminded me of him in the Bible. Moses endured, not because he had an ideal of right and duty, but because he had a vision of God. He "endured, as seeing Him Who is invisible." God is calling me to a vision of Himself - therefore I am not devoted to a cause or to any particular issue; I am devoted to God Himself. I know this is the vision of God because I have received the inspiration that has come from it. I have been energized notably by God in all this. If God wills to give me a time spiritually, as He gave His Son actually, of temptation in the wilderness, with no word from Himself at all leaving me feel dry - I must chose to endure. This is how that Passage in Habakkuk is transforming my thinking.

"Though it tarry, wait for it." performing my death to the right to myself is the proof I have the vision that I must reach out for more than I have grasped. God is teaching me it is a bad thing to be satisfied spiritually. Even the "Island of Misfits," phrase tourist used - God has used in me to move me to this conclusion."What shall I render unto the Lord?" said the Psalmist. "I will take the cup of Salvation." We are all apt, aren't we, to look for satisfaction in ourselves - "Now I have got the thing; now I am totally Sanctified; now I can endure." But God is showing me that attitude is on the road to ruin. He is showing me that our reach must extend our grasp. "Not as though I have already attained, either were already perfect." If I have only what I have experienced; I have nothing - If I have the inspiration of the vision of God, I have more than I can experience. I have learned never to be too relaxed spiritually thru all of this. All things turn out for good who love Him. Amen.

I will not fight here then to be right, I will be right in fighting to submit to another in Love in His power and Might - above myself, as myself in Him.

I want to be able to come in here and praise my Father with my brethren and not feel trapped or imprisoned, and love sinners alike with encouraging support by my brethren as well - and I feel the warfare going on - not against flesh and blood - but against the dark powers that surround us in trying to make us separatists in honor of rightness pumping up self-awareness and puffing people up unrighteously - which in God's eyes is only pompous piety - something He will assess in His judgements. I will not fight for rightness, although I could on the merits of human reasoning but I will live in Christ with His boldness to be loving as a living sacrifice to His will and purposes here in this thread - as well as in life outside of this thread as well. I have not been given a spirit of timidity, I have been given the power to be broken bread and poured out wine for others in His name...and in His Spirtual truths - powerfully.

I pray we move on now in His peace...:):geek:. Your loving Brother - Dan.

Jewel and tourist and Blue - I have loved you in the Lord, and I will remain in His love...loving you all still.
Dear dan..i have moved on..but if theres doubt about what went wrong..i feel trust was betrayed when you displayed my private message to you (and of course..making it public leaves you open to opinion both good and bad)...youve accused me of slyly slandering you etc even BEFORE all this blew up...and all i wanted you to do is answer questions i asked you..sometimes i think you get so wordy you go off on tangents and then theres no semblence of an answer to ANY questions..i guess thats just the difference between you and me..but i also felt the fool when i posted the picinic thing..and has you TOLD me the answer to my pm about if you and mrs peabody an item..i would NOT have embarressed myself by posting the picinic thing...

I hope this clarifies how i feel so theres no further misunderstandimgs..im not angry..sorrry this has happened but i have learned a good lesson and am on..so thank you for your prayers..everyone can use more of those..;)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Denise just left to go to work overnight.. (y) Ahhh.. blessed peace and quiet for the rest of the day.. lol

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Denise just left to go to work overnight.. (y) Ahhh.. blessed peace and quiet for the rest of the day.. lol
I get my "blessed peace" tomorrow..day OFF...having bday date with daughter tomorrow..out for chinese and manicure/pedicure:) (not at the same time though..lol)

kodiak

Mar 8, 2015
No..wish i did...any suggestions?
Definitely. The Bar Harbor/ Acadia National Park area, Mt. Katahdin area, or even Haystack Mountain. These are all amazing during fall, and parts of Acadia are mesmerizing during fall and sunsets.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Definitely. The Bar Harbor/ Acadia National Park area, Mt. Katahdin area, or even Haystack Mountain. These are all amazing during fall, and parts of Acadia are mesmerizing during fall and sunsets.
Did you live there?
"Kodiak" like the bear?

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018

Fall is my fav time of year!!!!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I bought a probiotic drink today. Watermelon lime flavor, though it tastes only like watered-down lime juice..lol.. It's called "Good Belly Probiotics".... It's...meh.. but I wouldn't buy it again..

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Self-awareness gives us all tunnel vision in that it is sinful nature being rendered powerful again to blind us from the truth.
It seems to me that "true" self awareness admits we are a sinner and that nothing except believing in the death, burial and resurrection of God's one and only Son, Jesus of Nazareth, can truly save us.

It seems to me "true" self awareness admits that we are not God, but wretched sinners that are saved by His grace, mercy, and love.

It seems to me that "true" self awareness leads to humility before God and others.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
What did they do then?

They were killed because they talked too much about people and things that they shouldn't have been talking about. Don't EVER believe the media, Mel. MEDIA LIES. All the time. And who hangs themselves from a DOORKNOB? I mean, seriously?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
They were killed because they talked too much about people and things that they shouldn't have been talking about. Don't EVER believe the media, Mel. MEDIA LIES. All the time. And who hangs themselves from a DOORKNOB? I mean, seriously?
Not sure what they talked about, and all I knew was that Anthony was a well known Chef........lol

becc

Mar 4, 2018
Hello people... sorry for my unavailability but i've been busy this week.. going to different places with my mum and we have wi-fi issues soo... I couldn't completely ketchup but i caught the most important thing... The " " fight... I don't know all the details and i wouldn't want to bring it up again cuz it seems settled but i just wanna say this..... Don't let emotions and "earthly accomplishment" take our eyes away from the Heavenly glory........ We are all here to fellowship despite our differences, so we shouldn't let our personal problems ome inbetween our love for one another through God.... I think we should just admit our mistakes and wrongs whether or not we believe we did such.. Remember Zt's signature...
That being said, Hello... I have 15 minutes more to be here... It's currently 9:45 pm