Gospel of JohnOf all the individual books found in the Bible, what would you recommend initially as the top-5 most beneficial books to all who have been born again? More? Feel free!
God's blessings be yours!
Gospel of John
Ephesians
Romans
Galatians
Colossians
Of all the individual books found in the Bible, what would you recommend initially as the top-5 most beneficial books to all who have been born again? More? Feel free!
God's blessings be yours!
I did have some discipleship for myself later on, but initially, as a new convert started at Genesis and read it through with all the “milk of the word” I could endure. Once the Gospels come into view, a reader soon finds certain things such as Mark 10:21 or Matt 8:20 a bit troublesome,The entire Bible is a gigantic love story to me from God to read and get to know God in God's unfathomable love to flesh nature first birth of man/woman
Ask in belief to God Father in risen Son Jesus and open, and be shocked to this love that is for you personally from God
“One thing you lack,” he said.
“Go, sell everything you have
and give to the poor, and you
will have treasure in heaven.
Then come, follow me.”
It's hard when you have to choose just a few books. If I was able to take just one book of the Bible to a desert island, for example, I'd take Ephesians. But it's a really hard decision.Can't beat this list. I would add the book of Ruth for a simple, brief practical application of the supremacy of God's grace. Keep in mind when reading it that the law forbade Moabites from entering the congregation of the lord forever, and Ruth and Boaz's son was the ancestor of both David and Christ. A really remarkable story showing that God's choice reigns supreme.
It's hard when you have to choose just a few books. If I was able to take just one book of the Bible to a desert island, for example, I'd take Ephesians. But it's a really hard decision.
Of all the individual books found in the Bible, what would you recommend initially as the top-5 most beneficial books to all who have been born again? More? Feel free!
God's blessings be yours!
1st John, John, Romans, James & Proverbs & Psalms are tied for 5th.Of all the individual books found in the Bible, what would you recommend initially as the top-5 most beneficial books to all who have been born again? More? Feel free!
God's blessings be yours!
Thinking back, to that time of sailing into this record of both redemption and creation, I now know to simply know the Gospel of John 1, initially, really says all I would have needed to know about creation and the Genesis account. But, is that truly sufficient peace to deprive the babe from Genesis' “milk”? Think I side with 'wattie' on that.Book of John
Genesis
Romans
Luke
Acts
Thinking back, to that time of sailing into this record of both redemption and creation, I now know to simply know the Gospel of John 1, initially, really says all I would have needed to know about creation and the Genesis account. But, is that truly sufficient peace to deprive the babe from Genesis' “milk”? Think I side with 'wattie' on that.
Thinking back, to that time of sailing into this record of both redemption and creation, I now know to simply know the Gospel of John 1, initially, really says all I would have needed to know about creation and the Genesis account. But, is that truly sufficient peace to deprive the babe from Genesis' “milk”? Think I side with 'wattie' on that.
My yes, Psalms & Proverbs were regulars in my darkest days.my personal favorite is the book of psalms I call it the book of encouragement
A valid point. The one area that the young convert could supplant Jesus temptation with would be the fall itself, whom the Apostle also touched on (1Tim 2:14).Belief, God to be freed from this world of troubles while in troubles, contentment over it all whether rich or poor, in sickness or health, matters not, once in God and God in you, who is sharper than any two-edged sword
Can we now, just depend on God who we do not see today physically?
Or are we like a Thomas, that had to touch, taste and see with his own eyes?
However God simply does love us all, y'all, at least me thanks
It is as like the air I breathe, I do not see or even think about it, I just breath. Time to breath God's Spirit you think thank you