A critical look at Harris

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Like I said, just because we don't celebrate or honor certain historical figures doesn't mean we can't therefore teach about and learn the associated history.
When the history of America is deliberately perverted to call it a country based on racism, then history has been destroyed. This is Critical Race Theory and Black Racism. The whole George Floyd narrative was bogus and created all that vandalism. A criminal was elevated to sainthood because he was black. Minnesota statistics show that blacks are nine times more likely to commit crimes than whites.

The George Floyd Narrative
The George Floyd Narrative (townhall.com)
The mainstream media wanted to push the idea of "systemic racism" but conveniently ignored the criminality, drug abuse, and non-cooperation with police. But there is a video which shows all this.

And since you are clueless about the significance of vandals destroying statues and monuments which show the history of America, then there is not point in talking to you. You have generally show ignorance about all of this, et you keep posting instead of just shutting up.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I'm starting to think that one of the main reasons why some of my fellow Christians connect with Trump so much is that when they see Trump calling people names, insulting them personally, and accusing them of terrible things, their reaction is along the lines of "He's just like me".
Hard not to agree here. When Trump insults people he's speaking their language and they love it.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Hard not to agree here. When Trump insults people he's speaking their language and they love it.
One man's insult is another man's truth. While Trump can be ugly at times, calling someone dishonest when they fabricate information or pass on lies is simply pointing out the truth. Sometimes the truth is hard to hear about oneself.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
One man's insult is another man's truth. While Trump can be ugly at times, calling someone dishonest when they fabricate information or pass on lies is simply pointing out the truth. Sometimes the truth is hard to hear about oneself.
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Samson used the jawbone of an ass to kill the Philistines. So what Trump says doesn't offend me, I love the Lord and if He chooses to use this man that is up to Him. I also am not offended by all those who are so offended by Trump. Instead I say "Thank you Lord for letting me see who the Philistines are".

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Samson used the jawbone of an ass to kill the Philistines. So what Trump says doesn't offend me, I love the Lord and if He chooses to use this man that is up to Him. I also am not offended by all those who are so offended by Trump. Instead I say "Thank you Lord for letting me see who the Philistines are".
Neither am I offended. I think we are on the same page that Trump is a blunt instrument.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Tone policing has gone wild.

Appealing to tone instead of the substance of the "attack" (or fact and/or objective opinion are now considered weapons) is a tool people use when they try to obfuscate or deflect the point. This seems to be way more common on one side of the aisle.

To be completely fair though, people do like to personally attack (absent fact/objective opinion) to obfuscate or deflect from the substance of the topic. This happens on both sides of the aisle.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016

Appealing to tone instead of the substance of the "attack" (or fact and/or objective opinion are now considered weapons) is a tool people use when they try to obfuscate or deflect the point. This seems to be way more common on one side of the aisle.

To be completely fair though, people do like to personally attack (absent fact/objective opinion) to obfuscate or deflect from the substance of the topic. This happens on both sides of the aisle.
A lot of people (on the left) find Senator John Kennedy offensive... I think he uses comedy/parody while also using facts/objective opinions when conducting inquiries. He makes it an art form as he doesn't really cross the line often, if ever. There aren't many more people I find more fun to watch.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
A lot of people (on the left) find Senator John Kennedy offensive... I think he uses comedy/parody while also using facts/objective opinions when conducting inquiries. He makes it an art form as he doesn't really cross the line often, if ever. There aren't many more people I find more fun to watch.
He's smart and amusing. Good catch on your part.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

I think it is revealing. Do you think the Israelites had a problem with Samson using the jawbone of an ass to kill Philistines? I don't think so. But what about the Philistines, do you think they had a problem? I think people's response to Trump helps us see who the Philistines are and who the Israelites are.

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
When the history of America is deliberately perverted to call it a country based on racism, then history has been destroyed. This is Critical Race Theory and Black Racism. The whole George Floyd narrative was bogus and created all that vandalism. A criminal was elevated to sainthood because he was black. Minnesota statistics show that blacks are nine times more likely to commit crimes than whites.

The George Floyd Narrative
The George Floyd Narrative (townhall.com)
The mainstream media wanted to push the idea of "systemic racism" but conveniently ignored the criminality, drug abuse, and non-cooperation with police. But there is a video which shows all this.

And since you are clueless about the significance of vandals destroying statues and monuments which show the history of America, then there is not point in talking to you. You have generally show ignorance about all of this, et you keep posting instead of just shutting up.
First, none of that has much of anything to do with what I posted.

Second, there's no need for personal attacks. We can disagree without being angry at each other, as Christ would have us do.

Vote40

Aug 22, 2024
Disgusting shill.

Advertisements on the forum boards from the Kommiela campaign!?
Do you believe it is wrong for Kamala Harris to endorse $2,000 stimulus and not wrong for Donald Trump to endorse $2,000 stimulus?

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Trickle down economics is not capitalism.

It is the idea that by making it easier for the rich to get richer, the middle class and poor will benefit. In short, give the rich tax shelters, cuts and rebates, and they will presumably make everyone richer.

It doesn't work. It just increases wealth disparity.
But the comment began with Reagan, and if he wasn't a capitalist, no one in this country is.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
And of the riots during Trump's administration, were they not glorified 'insurrections'?
In person and on CC, when I see someone talk about "insurrectionists" on Jan 6, I like to ask them what attributes are unique to "insurrectionists" that do not also apply to a "rioter". It's met with crickets and/or deflection 100% of the time. There is no objective standard to differentiate the two...

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
We were told they were peaceful protests as city after city were burned and were looted and people were injured and killed.
More like they tried to gaslight us that they were "mostly peaceful protestors".

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Trickle down is not an economic policy, has never been advocated by any economist, it is pejorative label
Would you agree or disagree that favorable tax cuts for the top is a tenet of Trickel Down economics?

JayBird

Aug 15, 2024
In person and on CC, when I see someone talk about "insurrectionists" on Jan 6, I like to ask them what attributes are unique to "insurrectionists" that do not also apply to a "rioter". It's met with crickets and/or deflection 100% of the time. There is no objective standard to differentiate the two...
What's the effective difference?

Trump's supporters stormed the US Capitol, attacked law enforcement officers, beat them, tased them, sprayed them with bear spray, chanted that they wanted to hang Mike Pence (a good Christian man), stole things, pooped on the floors, etc.

Trump now calls those people "patriots" and "hostages", and says he will set them free if elected.

It was Trump's name on their flags. It was Trump's name on their shirts. When they went to court many said they were acting on what they thought was Trump's behalf. The group who Trump previously told to "stand by"--the Proud Boys--were convicted of seditious conspiracy against the United States for their role in it.

So whatever one wants to call it is irrelevant in my view. It's what actually happened and Trump's response to it that matters. When it was going on, all he had to do was tell his supporters to stop immediately and condemn them. Instead, he just watched it all unfold without doing anything.

The Republican Party has to reject and move on from this unAmerican, dangerous insanity.