A Different Way To Look At This Scripture

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Guest
1Cor.6
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Usually when we read this scripture we think of the sinful things
we may be doing to our body.

For some reason the day my best friend of 29 years, was lying
in her casket, came to mind. I recall sitting there waiting for
the service to start. My heart was heavy with grief.

I recall the days I would be down and people would say to me,
"smile, you look like you lost your best friend." Wow, that day
came and I knew what it REALLY did feel like to lose a best friend.

I sat and stared at my friend lying there, recalling how she died
in her chair, sitting with the Bible opened on her lap, her phone
beside her, and her dog. When no one could reach her that morning,
the family alerted another member and when they did get into the
house, she was there in body, but her spirit was gone.

My thoughts were something like ... "Who will I share with now?"
"Who will I call for prayer?" " How can I go on without a best friend?"
" Oh, gosh, she gets to be with Jesus without me ! " I thought how
lonely life would be without her.

The Lord spoke to my spirit and He said ~ "This is just the house
her spirit lived in." She has left her body behind. " A peace washed
over me and lifted the grief away. I could see her in her new home,
where her spirit awaits her new body one day. We will worship our
Lord Jesus together.

Our body houses our spirit, and does not belong to us, but to the
Father when we call Him our Lord.



 
Wow i am sorry for you loss, for your grief and your distress. I am glad that you were able to come to peace with what happened....
 
just noticed i was able to edit and remove
 
Last edited:
oh my, i meant this response for another post : ' Going from the Dark into the Light '

thank you for this share, and others.

i wish you comfort for both of these losses.
 
Friends are allways the family we wished we had. Thank you for sharing with us how God turned your loss into a meeting place of understanding. My prayers be with you as you miss your friend