A discussion of the nearness of the endtimes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I believe in the pre-trib rapture and I believe it is 'imminent', meaning that it could happen in the next five seconds. I sense that things have gotten very strange lately. The strangest year in my fifty-some years. Even if the Lord does tarry another 50, I'm pretty sure I won't:) God bless you, @Blain
When 2020 started I felt something was coming like game changing coming this virus came but I still feel something else ahead bigger than even this virus and then in the recent two months in my poems at least three of them were about the wedding and God saying how very close the time is

I am always very hesitant to hope that time is coming way to many times of false prophets damaging me six years ago I still haven’t been able to fully recover
And yet in those poems the way it works when I write is I don’t think I just write what he places on my heart
The vibe I felt was one of. Urgency not a warning kind but a will you guys listen already kind
And then the other day a new friend of mine ruby told me a dream she had of the wedding I don’t want to say it without permission but let’s just say I had one too when I was first saved getting fitted for a wedding dress but in hers it was at the final stage before the actual wedding

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
This tone is not acceptable on BDF. Please try to sound more fruity.
I didn’t see his post but ty for correcting him biker is not usually like that but we all have off days

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Animals do what they do, day in and day out, over and over and over for years without changing until they die.

When they're young animals or newborns, what they do is simplistic in execution, but as they get older their actions are perfected more and more...but what they do is always the same.

What am I getting at as it relates to your post, Ahwatukee?

Well it was the "beast of the earth" that would cause all to receive a mark for buying and selling.

A beast is an archaic English word that simply means animal in our modern English.

So this specific animal - from the earth - would be created with a purpose: "create a mark for buying and selling that the whole world takes".

This is why I say the animal from the earth has been here for hundreds of years.

An animal does what it's created to do, over and over and over again, perfecting what it does as it gets older. An animal will also reproduce itself by instinct if left unchecked.

That's why I agree with what you said below...

...but it's why I also say the beast has been here since 1776.

Scripture uses beasts to prophetically represent kingdoms. So it was to be a kingdom that first establishes this global monetary/commerce system that's tied to a mark.

A beast will continue to do what it does day in and day out, over and over and over for years without changing until it dies.
Good day!

Actually, and I'm sure that you are aware of this, the title of "beast" is not referring to an actual animal, but is a designation referring to that angel whose name is Abaddon/Apollyon, both meaning destroyer.

"The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction."

Once was = This fallen angel was once out in the world

Now is not = He is no longer in the world but is now in the Abyss

And yet will come = Some time in the future the beast will come back up out of the Abyss

It will be at the sounding of the 5th trumpet where an angel having the key to the Abyss opens it an lets out those demonic beings resembling locusts, who will be given authority to torment the inhabitants of the earth for five months having tails and stings like that of a scorpion. It is also at the opening of the Abyss when their king, the angel of the Abyss, comes out - Rev.9:11. By the way, from the time that the Abyss is opened at the 5th trumpet, it will remain opened during that entire 3 1/2 years until Christ returns to the earth to end the age. At that time another angel having the key to the Abyss, will seize Satan and will throw him into the Abyss, sealing it over him where he will be let out at the end of the thousand years. (Rev.20:1-2, 7-10)

From what I can gather, we know that the antichrist will be an actual man, since one of his titles is 'the man of lawlessness.' We also know that this beast/angel is not a man and is currently restricted in the Abyss. At the sounding of the 5th trumpet he will be released from the Abyss and I believe that he will become the power behind the man of lawlessness/antichrist.

Wherever there is a human ruler, there can also a principality as the power working behind him in the spiritual realm. A good example of this is found in Daniel 10:13, where Daniel prays for understanding of his vision and God sends an angel to give him understanding. But the angel tells Daniel that he was detained/blocked for 21 days by the prince of Persia and could not get to Daniel until Michael the Archangel came to help him. Therefore, the reference to the Prince of Persia was not referring to a human prince, but to the fallen angel/principality who was detaining the angel. For we know that no human prince and his army could hold back an angel. Another example of this can be found in Ezekiel 28:11-19 where God tells Ezekiel to take up a lament for the king of Tyre, which is actually referring to Satan as the anointed guardian cherub (ker-oob).

The reason I mention this is because, from what I can gather, just prior to the middle of that last seven years, at the sounding of the 5th trumpet, that destroying angel of the Abyss, is going to be released and he is going to become the power behind the man of lawless/antichrist. One of my reasons for this is that in Daniel 9:27, the antichrist ( the ruler) will establish a seven year covenant with Israel. The thing is that, the angel of the Abyss/beast does not come up out of the Abyss until almost 3 1/2 within that seven year period, which shows that the antichrist and the beast of the Abyss as being two different beings, one being a man and the other a fallen angel. To be clear, at the time that the antichrist establishes that seven year covenant, the beast will still be in the Abyss. After He is released, one of the first things that the beast does through the antichrist is to break the covenant that he made with Israel, causing the sacrifices and offerings that will have been going on to be stopped and setting up that abomination in the holy place within the temple. Another thing that the beast will do through the antichrist, will be to kill the two witnesses which takes place at the end of their 1260 days of prophesying.

"Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them."

Regarding your mention of the beast being here since 1776, I believe that he was out in the world much earlier as the power behind another human king or powerful authority. That it is said that he "once was" tells me that at an earlier time he was not in the Abyss but out in the world. The reference to "now is not" tells me that at the time that John was receiving that information that this beast was no longer out in the world but locked up in the Abyss, which by the way is the same place that Satan is going to be locked up in once the Lord returns to the earth to end the age. (Rev.20:1-2, 7-10)

But as for the antichrist, the man of lawlessness, since he is an actual man, he himself could not have been on the earth at an earlier time. However, I believe he is here in the world now but he has not yet been revealed, but will be when he makes that seven year covenant with Israel.

Apr 5, 2020
But what both the Jews and Muslims fail to realize is that they can have a much better understanding of the God of Abraham by accepting that Jesus is the son of God and reflects the nature, image and characteristics of the true God of Abraham.

AMEN and Agreed!

Apr 5, 2020
I agree that there are many beliefs in Islam that are in line with the moral beliefs of Christianity. That can be said about all the main religions. But from a Christian perspective all other religions fall short in regard to salvation through belief in Jesus Christ alone. Islam falls short regarding the essential issue of our sinful nature. It is a religion of works. The basis of it is salvation by works. There is no assurance of salvation in Islam, Judaism , Buddhism or any other religion you care to mention. Jesus said that'' Abraham rejoiced to see my day''. If Jesus was just another prophet as Islam teaches why didnt he rejoice to see all the other previous Prophets that came before him?

AMEN Brother, AMEN!

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Muslims follow the God of Abraham, that is not any god.
The time really is getting short.

Math 24:26 (KJV)
Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

We can't rely on the word of devout Muslims or even the Koran itself to tell us the truth about Islam. We must judge it by Biblical definitions. The Allah of Islam is NOT Yaweh. He is a usurper. A false god trying to draw off worship of The Lord God YHVH to himself.

The Koran wasn't complete until the 8th Century. Plagiarising parts of the Bible and other religions is not an indicator of authentic witness from God. Satan will quote scripture and mix religions for his own purposes. And the adversary will claim he IS God.

If you do read the Qur'an or listen to Muslim apologists remember you are among wolves and be as wise as a serpent (Math 10:16)
There are things in there that give the game away. Our God is not a deceiver.

In the following Qur'an verses, The false god "Allah" reveals that he is the "best deceiver".

Qur'an 3:54
Arabic: ومكروا ومكر الله والله خير الماكرين

Transliteration: Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru almakireena

Literal: And they cheated/deceived and God cheated/deceived, and God (is) the best (of) the cheaters/deceivers.

Qur'an 7:99
Arabic: افامنوا مكر الله فلايامن مكر الله الا القوم الخاسرون

Transliteration: Afaaminoo makra Allahi fala ya/manu makra Allahi illa alqawmu alkhasiroona

Literal: Did they secure God's scheme/deceit ? So no(one) trusts God's scheme/deceit except the nation the losers.

Qur'an 8:30
Arabic: واذ يمكر بك الذين كفروا ليثبتوك او يقتلوك او يخرجوك ويمكرون ويمكر الله والله خير الماكرين

Transliteration: Wa-ith yamkuru bika allatheena kafaroo liyuthbitooka aw yaqtulooka aw yukhrijooka wayamkuroona wayamkuru Allahu waAllahu khayru almakireena

Literal: And when those who disbelieved deceive/scheme at you to affix/affirm you, or kill you, or bring you out, and they scheme/deceive , and God deceives/schemes and God (is) best (of) the deceivers/schemers.

Qur'an 10:21
Arabic: واذا اذقنا الناس رحمة من بعد ضراء مستهم اذا لهم مكر في اياتنا قل الله اسرع مكرا ان رسلنا يكتبون ماتمكرون

Transliteration: Wa-itha athaqna alnnasa rahmatan min baAAdi darraa massat-hum itha lahum makrun fee ayatina quli Allahu asraAAu makran inna rusulana yaktuboona ma tamkuroona

Literal: And if We made the people taste/experience mercy from after calamity/disastrous distress touched them, then for them (is) cheatery/deceit/schemes in Our verses/evidences . Say: "God (is) quicker/faster (in) cunning/scheming , that Our messengers write what you cheat/ deceive/scheme."

Qur'an 13:42
Arabic: وقد مكر الذين من قبلهم فلله المكر جميعا يعلم ماتكسب كل نفس وسيعلم الكفار لمن عقبى الدار

Transliteration: Waqad makara allatheena min qablihim falillahi almakru jameeAAan yaAAlamu ma taksibu kullu nafsin wasayaAAlamu alkuffaru liman AAuqba alddari

Literal: And those from before them had cheated/deceived/schemed, so to God (is) all the cheatery/deceit/scheme. He knows what every self gains/acquires , and the disbelievers will know to whom (is) the house's/home's end/turn (result).

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Baloney!
The Jews follow the God of Abraham and are not Christian.
THINK before you post!
Jews worship YHVH under his first covenant agreement. (Law)
Christians worship YHVH under his new covenant agreement (Grace)
Muslims worship a false god.

Nov 26, 2012
But all of these things have happened already several times I am guessing these things happening will be on a much larger scale that a massive earthquake is predict by scientists to hit california at some point and If I am not mistaken there is a super volcano in that region. If that thing were to go off it would cover everything within a hundred mile radius in ash and smoke would cause the biggest quake we have seen for thousands of years and would blanket the sun and moon as well.
But even if this was a theory that had validation I wonder if these things are to happen in a supernatural way or will God use the elments of the earth to do it?
Look up “the Dark Day”. If it happened before it can happen again. My best guess is that it’s a timed astrological event. I think the rulers of this world have known and are making plans for surviving it. They have been building bases in the mountains for years. Rev 6:15 comes to mind. The earthquake, islands moving from their places, a meteor shower and even the atmosphere rolling back like a scroll makes me think of a huge gravitational pull from something. It’s in the aftermath of this event that I believe we will be introduced to the Dragon. I think Hollywood has preparing us for years for the possibility of heavenly visitation (alien invasion). So many things in Revelation play out more like a sci-fi movie to me. Needless to say when the time comes...we will know!

Apr 5, 2020
Jews worship YHVH under his first covenant agreement. (Law)
Christians worship YHVH under his new covenant agreement (Grace)
Muslims worship a false god.

You are lumping all Muslims into the same basket. When in reality, there are 3 groups. 2 are at war with one another and the 3rd is following nothing the other 2 claim. If Abraham lived for God while Ishmael was at home until he and Isaac buried Abraham, Ishmael would have believed how Abraham did. And Ishmael is known as the first to bring God to the Muslims. Even JESUS as the Angel of the Lord told Ishmael to return back to Abraham when Sarah threw a hissy fit and told Ishmael he would bring forth a great people. They are ALL Abraham's biological descendants. Not all of them are what you and the majority on this forum think!

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
You are lumping all Muslims into the same basket. When in reality, there are 3 groups. 2 are at war with one another and the 3rd is following nothing the other 2 claim. If Abraham lived for God while Ishmael was at home until he and Isaac buried Abraham, Ishmael would have believed how Abraham did. And Ishmael is known as the first to bring God to the Muslims. Even JESUS as the Angel of the Lord told Ishmael to return back to Abraham when Sarah threw a hissy fit and told Ishmael he would bring forth a great people. They are ALL Abraham's biological descendants. Not all of them are what you and the majority on this forum think!

All that is irrelevant. You cannot prove Allah is The God of the bible. I have shown you evidence to the contrary.

It's not a matter of lumping anything. You are speaking as though Muslims are an ethnic group.
"MUSLIM" is not an ethnic designation.

Whether Sunni or Shiite, Islam is a creed, a belief system and a religious practice. One must make a declaration of faith to be Muslim.
Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world, approximately 225 million. These are not ethnic descendants of Ishmael.

The ethnic relationship of Middle Eastern peoples doesn't give the Koran or Islam any legitimacy. Please stick to your bible as the source of truth rather than a counterfeit claim. All the nations you listed in your previous post are judged harshly in prophecy. They are named explicitly as those that rebel against God and his plans. They are punished by Messiah (Jesus) at his return.

There is no 'one-size-fits-all' space that encompasses Christians, Jews & Muslims together.

Apr 5, 2020
All that is irrelevant. You cannot prove Allah is The God of the bible. I have shown you evidence to the contrary.

It's not a matter of lumping anything. You are speaking as though Muslims are an ethnic group.
"MUSLIM" is not an ethnic designation.

Whether Sunni or Shiite, Islam is a creed, a belief system and a religious practice. One must make a declaration of faith to be Muslim.
Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world, approximately 225 million. These are not ethnic descendants of Ishmael.

The ethnic relationship of Middle Eastern peoples doesn't give the Koran or Islam any legitimacy. Please stick to your bible as the source of truth rather than a counterfeit claim. All the nations you listed in your previous post are judged harshly in prophecy. They are named explicitly as those that rebel against God and his plans. They are punished by Messiah (Jesus) at his return.

There is no 'one-size-fits-all' space that encompasses Christians, Jews & Muslims together.

But I never said Allah was the God of the Bible. I said the word used by Jesus in His natural Language is close to Allah (Alaha), and that both Jews and Arabs spoke Aramaic in His day. It's a natural carry over.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
But I never said Allah was the God of the Bible. I said the word used by Jesus in His natural Language is close to Allah (Alaha), and that both Jews and Arabs spoke Aramaic in His day. It's a natural carry over.
Have you ever seen the disney movie Aladdin? even in that movie the phrase praise allah is used( as if kids are even able to know what that means) in general it is true it just means the name God but I think it is interesting to note that even in the bible they never refer to God as allah and so this makes me think that allah could actually be reference to a specific god

Apr 5, 2020
Have you ever seen the disney movie Aladdin? even in that movie the phrase praise allah is used( as if kids are even able to know what that means) in general it is true it just means the name God but I think it is interesting to note that even in the bible they never refer to God as allah and so this makes me think that allah could actually be reference to a specific god

I have read where the term Allah has been around for many thousands of years. But the Arab peoples, the belief in Islam, and the term Allah factually originated around the time of Jesus and the fake prophet Mohammed. The Arab people before the 4,000 year from Adam did not use the term "Allah." This is why I wonder, since when Jesus was on Earth, His Language and His Disciples were close to Arabic and Hebrew which is Aramaic, Since both the Jews and Arabs of Mesopotamia were speaking Aramaic. If the term "Allah" did not come from the Aramaic term for God "Alaha." To me, it makes perfect sense this is where Allah originated from.

Apr 5, 2020
Not the Ancient Arab peoples, but the Arab people who became Muslim claim Jesus is a Prophet. This means, they would have taken much of what Jesus said and applied it to their own belief. This is why I think Jesus calling God, Alaha, is how Allah in a round about way originated.

Apr 5, 2020
They are murderous because of Mohammed, but I think the "Peace" comes from Jesus. The Muslims very much do believe in Jesus, but they see Him as equal to Mohammed, a Prophet of Alaha (Allah).

Apr 5, 2020
It's quite interesting to think the Muslims view Jesus as a Prophet of God and Jews view Him as Blasphemer to God.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yes according to the muslims he was a prophet not a savior and the term allah was not in greek or hebrew which is what the bible was written in I do not know how much arab they spoke back then since the main english of rome was greek which ruled over the land at that time however the prophet Mohammad did and interestingly enough he gave Jesus credit to being a prophet of God yet preached the exact opposite message of him.
Which is why people who think that events of the tribulation have already happened to an extent see him as the false prophet.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
As long as you know that the gods are not one and the same, that's fine.
I know that many Muslims THINK they worship the same Lord God as we do. But we must know the difference.
I just don't like to see Christians being taken in by a deception as great as this one- that is being sold to the world on a grand scale.

You did post a lot drawing parallels to The Qur'an & The Bible, Semitic languages, blood relations & cultural similarities between people of Middle-Eastern origin. I have an interest in those subjects too.

If you love Muslims that's great. We know that The Lord loves them & wants to harvest from them.
Just remember that Islam is no path to truth.

I was only trying to draw the distinction between a false belief and an ethnic heritage.
It's a sin to bow in worship to the god- Allah.
It's not a sin to be Arab, Persian, Midianite, Moabite, Turkish or any other ethnic group God has made.
A person can cease to be a Muslim but will always retain their ethnic bloodline.