A Fish Out Of Water

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
where do I start. its people. Humans!

old sewage system that cant cope, people cutting down trees, too many roads, too many cars, (still most of the cars are fossil fueled) too much runoff, because of now built up areas to cram more people in the city, not enough green space.
Factories that are wasting resources another factor but its more like consumerism where people spend too much and then waste it. Theres wayyy to much packaging on every single item that just ends up in landfill.

Country side is not much better. Dairy farmers are still bound to use chemicals, artificial fertilisers pesticides and herbicides agriculture, which creates waste as nitrogen run off leaches into rivers.

if you try to use organic practices, it goes against establishment modern ways of doing things. also the pressure to be profitable means that, all that organic food gets exported anyway, to fetch a higher price, totally negating what its grown for. Because then all this fossil fuel is used to ship or fly it to other countries lol.

clean green 100 percent pure nz is a marketing myth.

the govt actually banned plastic bags (good thing) but theres still a few rich people who then complain that they now cant use them to pick up their dog poo. (um...and you have a dog, why? other people really dont enjoy swimming in places where your dog has just pooed. )
Wow sounds like your country has some environmental laws to tweak, create, or enforce.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Wow sounds like your country has some environmental laws to tweak, create, or enforce.
yep
the previous govts totally changed the environmental laws that were meant to protect the land, and now everyone has to clean up the total mess they made of the country. grr

It was pretty because they (a small bunch of probably priveliged people) wanted to host a rugby game/yachting match that the rules were all changed so they could build stuff for the tourists. Since then, weve lost heaps of tree canopy cover. the population of the city has grown by more than a million, concentrated in one bottle neck area. Its just cos they want to make it more 'livable' for whom, well, rich expats never mind the people already here!

arrgh. and even worse, because of water shortages,dirty water now from country rivers are going to be piped in to the city.

Now if I had any power I would totally put my foot down and put a stop to all the madness.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
yep
the previous govts totally changed the environmental laws that were meant to protect the land, and now everyone has to clean up the total mess they made of the country. grr

It was pretty because they (a small bunch of probably priveliged people) wanted to host a rugby game/yachting match that the rules were all changed so they could build stuff for the tourists. Since then, weve lost heaps of tree canopy cover. the population of the city has grown by more than a million, concentrated in one bottle neck area. Its just cos they want to make it more 'livable' for whom, well, rich expats never mind the people already here!

arrgh. and even worse, because of water shortages,dirty water now from country rivers are going to be piped in to the city.

Now if I had any power I would totally put my foot down and put a stop to all the madness.
Madness all around the world. You would think everyone would want a clean or safe environment to live.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
sometimes I think coronavirus has been an answer to prayer, to stop people from travelling, particularly the jetsetters and the whole industry that has to be built to cater for them just so they can have their coffee.

At least with lockdowns the land has a chance to recover, like having a sabbath.